Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaCA

we need Dan's moisturizer!

Dan I know youre working hard and doing a great job helping people with acne all over the world. But I'm wondering when the new moisturizer will be ready? I've been watching its progress as you develop it, and I cant wait. My skin really needs it!! I hope it wont be too much longer now. Its been forever since you started formulating it and I cant wait to use it. Keep us updated, youre awesome Dan.

In the meantime, should I use Lactin-Five AHA or stick with Clinique Dramatically Different lotion? Any suggestions?

Hi,

Dan gave an update on the moisturizer here .

As for what to do in the meantime, I have never been a fan of Clinique products, most are just awful for acne prone skin. I would definitely try a different moisturizer. LHF is good, and so is Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I've also been using Moisturel and CereVe lately and they both do a good job too.

So for now, probably any of those would work, or you could add jojoba oil to the Cliniqe and see if that helps.

edit: I just remembered you have been trying Jojoba oil and you are breaking out. If you don't like jojoba oil, then I would try LHF next.

are cetaphil lotion and cream the same thing?

Nope. I think I remember Brandy saying once to stay away from the creams as they tend to be heavier. BUT the cetaphil cream has lactic acid and is not greasy like the lotion...for me anyway. Yes, it's thick but that means you only need a tiny amount and it hydrates really well. I also use it for eczema on my hand.

Cetaphil lotion and Cetaphil cream are different products.

The cream is a thick cream that is in a tub. The lotion is a thinner product in a bottle. The ingredients list is different.

In general, lotions are less likely to cause acne than creams, however both of these Cetaphil products claim to be non-comedogenic.

I've not tried the cream, so if you decide to try it out, let us know how it is.

Thanks guys, I have been using Lac Hydrin 5 and its been wonderful! It stung at first and made me a little pink the first couple of days, but now I love it.