Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Why do you eat poisonous potato?

Explain please?

You were banished from the forest of the garden of eden?

IPB Image

The poison solanine can be produced from potatoes

hey man, I'm Scottish, I have to.

And I love them!

Guest Marshall Teller

i LOVE Poison! They were awesome!

eeeevery rose has its thooooooorn... etc

:cool:

Sounds like an interesting book

Anyway solanin is neutralized by cooking besides the amount contained in potatoes is minimal as long as they are not allowed to sprout (old potatoes or potatoes left in the cupboard for months) and produce a green layer just behind the skin. Potatoes is not the only vegetable/tuber that produces solanin, all solanacee plants do this (peppers, chili peppers, eggplants, tomatoes)

Potatoes/tubers have been given a bad reputation but they're actually better foods that deserve more credits

Hunter-gatherer populations (many of them) consume many tubers including potatoes.

The inclusion of potatoes in their diet doesn't compromise their health

Nowadays is accepted that meat eating has nothing to do with out bigger brains

From one side a important theory advanced by Terence Deacon is that human never developed biggers brains but SMALLER BODIES. In other words while we kept following the brain growth pattern of bigger primates we developed the bodies of smaller primates like chimps. It's like as if two opposite growth patterns coexist in the same body. This would make us a combination of bogger primates like gorilla and smaller primated like monkeys

Another theory is that actually cooking and food preparation made us human in the first place. This would be consistence with Deacon theory that we developed smaller bodies. In face our gut reduced in size because we could get concentrated calories from easily digested and less bulky forms, such reduction would have triggered the development of smaller bodies.

According to Richard Wrangham humans discovered cooking more than 2.000.000 years ago and this is contrary to what we have been taught but there are consistent empirical evidences of this.

And tubers were the food that would have allowed the transition

Out of 40 potato-like tubers 60% of them require cooking

That would have allowed a non bulky, easy absorbed and metabolized source of energy

As Dr. Cordain says:

DHA is not a limiting factor to brain growth, except in diseased states like intoxication with tFA, alcohol, excess w-6 acids, high insulin. If DHA is not a main limiting factor then the best food item in dietary quality are tubers

Potatoes have the highest "satiety index" more than fatty meats, cheese, ice cream and bread

Mashed potatoes consumption is also correlated with improved mood control and high serotonin levels. This is explained by the way the metabolization of potatoes lead to better transportation and availability of brain tryptophan to produce neurohormones

Not a bad food at all

I eat poisonous potato chips because I want to develop cancer at a statistifically significant age. I say SHOO to your little 'studies' about genetically engineered crops and such. I don't mind if the clothes on my back are bred from spidergoats.

I'm happy to watch commercials for the newest 20 point cholersterol lowering drug, and I don't care that the side effects listed include stroke, depression and dementia. Which is found mostly in mad cows that eat radiated potatoes. Hey, you say potato..

I'm happy to watch commercials for the newest 20 point cholersterol lowering drug, and I don't care that the side effects listed include stroke, depression and dementia.

So long as there's no acne side effect! :ninja:

:lol:

Behind the hatred there lies

A murderous desire for love

How can they look into my eyes

And still they don't believe me ?

How can they hear me say those words

Still they don't believe me ?

And if they don't believe me now

Will they ever believe me ?

heh

Behind the hatred there lies

A murderous desire for love

How can they look into my eyes

And still they don't believe me ?

How can they hear me say those words

Still they don't believe me ?

And if they don't believe me now

Will they ever believe me ?

heh

:|

Potatoes make me bloated. ;-( Nowhere near what wheat does to me, and the effect doesn't last as long, but I try not to eat them too often.

whats wrong with potatoes? I love sweet potatoes!

What is a potato? A potato is a big lump of sugar. That's all it is. You chew a potato, what are you swallowing? Glucose. You may not remember, but you learned that in eighth grade, but the medical profession still hasn't learned that. .... What is a slice of bread? A slice of sugar. Does it have anything else good about it? Virtually no. .... And there are fifty-some essential nutrients to the human body.

"What is the minimum daily requirement for carbohydrates? ZERO. "

.......... What is the minimum daily requirement for carbohydrates? ZERO.

What is the food pyramid based on? A totally irrelevant nutrient.

http://drbass.com/rosedale.html

For 700,000 years humans ate a diet of mainly meat, fat, nuts, and berries. Eight thousand years ago we learned to farm, and our health declined.

For 700,000 years humans ate a diet of mainly meat, fat, nuts, and berries. Eight thousand years ago we learned to farm, and our health declined.

Berries? Who said this nonsense?

Please remove from your mind the silly idea that anyone know what we ate 700.000 years ago

Paleolithic nutrition is based on indirect evidences from hunter-gatherer societies, nor on direct evidences from 700.000 years ago since there aren't any !

Those indirect evidences tell us that the majority of hunter-gatherer societies living in the same condition that paleolithic humans lived in consume abundant fruits

Remove from your mind also the silly idea that without breeding fruits are small and sour and trees produce a very small amount of fruits. Whatever botany expert will laugh at this ignorant no-carb idea

Fruits are big and very sweet in nature and the amount of fruits that naturally grow on colder climate is the 75% of all european fruits hence there are as many fruits in winter than there are in summer without the need to focus on berries

More evidence? It has been extimated from fossilized seeds that 700.000 years ago men had access to variety of 600 edible and tender fruits and vegetables. 80% of them are extinct nowadays !

More evidence? Many experts agree that ice age never occurred. What instead happened is that the earth tilting on its axis caused a polarization and hence those place that are colder now were warmer back then and those place that are warmer now were colder back then

The place where most paleolithic sites have been found are nowadays mild climate zones where natural fruits and vegetations is abundant. And I'm talking about big water sweet sugary fruits

700.000 year ago these same zones were warmed and riched in fruits!

You're right about farming but you're wrong that starches consumption is just a product of farming

The paleonthologist Richard Wrangham because of ashes found on paleolithic sites date cooking to 2.000.000 of years ago. What humans cooked that allow them a leap from primates with big gut and long teeth to higher primates with small bodies, shorter gut and flat teeth? All the evidences point to tubers

The hunter-gatherer societies that are used to draw indirect test about the paleolithic diet are big consumed of starches like potatoes. And yet they know no farming ! In fact their hunter-gatherer lifestyle is a choice to avoid the development of farming happened in other societies around them

So it seems that sugar lumps like potatoes, yams, cassava and other 40 species of starchy turbers that need to be cooked are not a product of agriculture and can be obtained without farming !

The consumption of fruits is such that just a bunch on hunter-gatherer groups living in extreme climatic conditions can't escape ketosis but all the other hunter-gather population consume enough carbs (from 110 grams to 300 grams) to escape ketosis and fuel their activities through glucose

On the other hand meat consumption was mostly small mammals and scavengered corpses. Compared to cooked tubers the availability per area, reliability and nutrients obtained versus nutrients consumed obtaning of meat is very poor. There's no proof that humans were good huunters (except for tools and bone rests that are open to interpretation) and consistent with what is probably the truth the hunter-gatherer societies of today rarely or never hunt big animals. Paleonthologist Dec Twohig says that the establihsment of human as a big hunter eating tons of mammoth steaks has been used by science establihsment to keep women second place. The truth, he claims, is that consistent with our omnivorous nature we obtained as much nutritions from scavengering, insect eating and small hunting than we obtained from gathering and not only the women gathered but they hunted also. In other words human the big predator who can hunt animals that are 10 times the size of an elephant is a chauvinist myth without basis

Again indirect evidence from hunter-gatherer societies is consistent with this portrait.

The majority of hunter-gatherer societies has an animal/plant ratio which is very near to 50/50

Not only that but those few societies that neglet gathering in favour of a meat based diet spend the highest amount of time hunting their food while the societies that have a more gathering based diet spend the least amount of time gathering and hunting the food they need to survive in health ... suggesting that an omnivorous diet where gathering is as important as looking for animal food (eggs, small mammals, bird, insects ...) is the basis of human efficiency ... that's why we see colors in order to detect fruits, that's why our saliva produces ptyalin, that's why the human mother milk is the sweeter and most rich in sugar among mammals, that's why we have long legs and walk on our feet, that's why we have long arms and grasping hands and thumbs

I eat poisonous potato chips because I want to develop cancer at a statistifically significant age. I say SHOO to your little 'studies' about genetically engineered crops and such. I don't mind if the clothes on my back are bred from spidergoats.

I'm happy to watch commercials for the newest 20 point cholersterol lowering drug, and I don't care that the side effects listed include stroke, depression and dementia. Which is found mostly in mad cows that eat radiated potatoes. Hey, you say potato..

LOL