Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miT

miT Paleo Diet Log

I meant to start this paleo diet weeks ago but i got in a car accident so...in a way having a rod put in my femur worked out well! i have acne again! When i was in the hospital i didn't wash my face and i had my friends bring me nothing but junk food. i figured i eat healthy and stay in shape every day of the year im going to just go nuts and eat all the crap i haven't eaten since high school. I figured i deserved it. So before i start this diet, i WAS 100% clear following dans regimen. i have not had a pimple in about 3-4 months. all i had was fading redmarks. EVERYONE who knows me commented on my skin. mostly my parents when they saw me. so i guess i'm a good test subject for this since i have some acne again.

Here are pics taken today of my face. when i got out of the hospital and looked at my face it was MUCH worse. I'm going to update with pics about every 5 days.

IPB Image

IPB Image

My diet for today was this.

Lunch: 2 large chicken breasts baked in the oven, squeezed lemon juice on top with some sliced red onions.

Dinner: Tonight i'm going to make salmon, i'm going to sautee some onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes with scallops and shrimp.

Btw, i have only read the Paleo diet book once, i printed off all the good and bad foods. if anyone notices something in my diet that I'm not suppose to be doing (eating) please let me know! i want to be as accurate about this as i can.

I'll wish myself luck for luck!

Ok so...i'm not sure if i have said this yet, but i live in the country, there is no internet out there. believe me i have tried everything. So like promised, i'm updating every week with pictures.

IPB Image

I wanted to try and get the same angle of pics so you can see any improvement. I have not gotten one new pimple since i started this btw. in a way you could say the day i started it everything stopped on my face.

IPB Image

I have had this one stubborn pimple (a few weeks now) since i got out of the hospital, so instead of messing with anything on my face which i use to do a lot in school. i just let the BP do it's work. it was worse but its slowly fading away now. i think i'll try putting some neosporen on it or something.

IPB Image

I had like 5 painful pimples near my ear and jaw and all thats gone now. only redmarks remain!

Other than that, my diet truly almost every single day is seafood for dinner and a few chicken breasts for lunch. I wont lie if i had eaten something i'm not suppose to, i have not deviated once since starting this. it's really not hard for me because i love seafood and all that delicious fruit!

if i'm up early enough i'll make some eggs but only egg whites. eating EXTREMELY healthy. TONS of fruit, i have been drinking about 1-2 15oz pomegranate 100% juice drinks a day. eating lots of pineapples, LOTS of pineapple...my favorite fruit! lots of oranges apples, strawberries and no bananas...i didn't see them in the ok to eat list in the book...so yeah, LOTS of seafood, scallops, shrimp, crab, salmon normally with an avacado and some lemon juice or something. not really any veggies because i don't have anything to put on them. but anyway...no new pimples, everything i had has gone and i only have the remaining red marks. so so far, going very well!

I also noticed if i get only 6 hrs of sleep a night (for example) i wake up feeling totally well rested. i truly have noticed that i always feel perfectly rested, never to tired or to sleepy.

When i get cravings for something (100% peanut butter!!!!!) i stop those urges with fruit, i have been eating SO much fruit. i eat about an entire pineapple every other day now...so yeah, i'll update again in a week! any questions about anything go ahead and ask!

Looks like a very good improvement following the diet strictly!

Further proof that there really is something to the diet and acne connection.

I have not updated in a few days because my friend was showing me how to use my camera and i left it over at her place...UGH! anyway, i stopped using BP on my entire face this entire week, i only used it around my chin, my jaw and my cheek. that was the only places where i had anything visible. so staying on this diet and not covering my entire head with BP and i STILL have no new pimples! also, i was worried that eating so much sweet delicious fruits would screw up my face...i've seen nothing of the sort. i've been eating LOTS of pomegrantes as well as pineapples. LOTS of that stuff, about 2 poms a night and an entire pineapple about...every other day or so. i would eat it more but it rips my mouth up! so i'll update when i get my camera back with new pics. but as of right now i look very clean imo and feel amazing. i'm truly never tired! its so weird...

hey, couple questions.

1. are we allowed to eat strawberries?

2. my mom made a stake and it was kinda chewy not too much fat though, and it wasnt t-bone steak. does that sound ok?

I just wanted to post something before bed. I stopped BP almost a week ago, at first i was only using it where i had trouble spots still and not putting all over my face anymore. to my amazement no where on my face was breaking out, i've been putting BP on my entire face for about 8 months now! so a week with out BP and not ONE breakout, still nothing! and this sounds like someone who has maybe no acne at all but i assure anyone who reads this i have very "normal" acne. so nothing in over a week, i got 4 hrs of sleep last night and i still felt wide awake this morning. so thanks to dan getting me this book and his BP gel, 13 years of acne imo is finally obliterated! growing up with acne, anyone knows the psychological effects and i will recommend this to anyone who suffers from acne, anything i can do to stick it to acne i'm going to!

@ T-Wayne

I have been eating TONS of strawberries, since i don't have any junk food i snack on TONS of fruit, strawberries being one of them. Yeah the book lists strawberries as good eats

As for that steak, the book talks about Lean Beefs, and mentions several types, for several types of the meat it says to trim any fat and with lean beef drain the fat. i don't think there is anything wrong with eating your moms steak, just says to stay away from real fatty foods for obvious reasons of course.