Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
njc6

accutaine remissions

Who here has gone on accutaine and how long has there been a remission for you? When did you start to break out again and go on another course? Also, include the age and gendet so it is not because you grew out of acne or it is hormonal (females).

Who here has gone on accutaine and how long has there been a remission for you? When did you start to break out again and go on another course? Also, include the age and gendet so it is not because you grew out of acne or it is hormonal (females).

1985 (Age 31) took course of cumulative dosage of 65mg/kg (1/2 of current recommendation). Total remission for 5-6 years. Relapse after that was significantly better than original condition. Fiddled around with other Rx for a few years, didn't really work so...

1995 (age 41) took second course - same cumulative dosage. This time total remission was a little longer, 6-7 years and relapse condition was again much better than after the first course, much, much better than in 1984. After that, antibiotics and topicals worked pretty well, but not perfectly, so...

2006 Began third course about 3 months ago. I plan to try for the currently recommended dosage of 120-150 mg./kg. Am about 1/2 way there. I fully expect more than 5-7 years of remission with the larger cumulative dose and past success. Possibly no significant relapse in my lifetime. (I'm 53).

wow thank you. That is a really long remission. I'm 18 though and this is my first course so I hope it lasts 5 years, but it probably won't. Please I need more experiences of people in their teens or twenties?

wow thank you. That is a really long remission. I'm 18 though and this is my first course so I hope it lasts 5 years, but it probably won't. Please I need more experiences of people in their teens or twenties?

I took actuane when i was back in high school. I cant remember all the details but i know i didnt go into college taking it. Im now 28. My skin has been a lot more under control after the accutane. I still have breakouts but not as bad and i guess now that im a bit older i can live with it. I do get the occasional huge ones still. Grr!!!!

Pop That Zit

hey im 19 i began takin accutane during april of this year and finished during september. it's been about 4.5 weeks since my last "pill" and my skin looks so much better i have no more "big" pimples but unfortunately like one week after finishing i did get a few small barely noticeable ones around my jaw. my sister tells me she can't see them so its not too bad

thats great. I finished the last day of August. And am still clear today so 2 months. I still get small pimples around the nose but amazingly no new pimples on the cheeks which are my problem areas. I also try to maintain a healthy diet.

I'm female. I took my first course when i was about 15 for severe nodulocystic acne. The course was supposed to be six months but he kept adding months on because i wasn't clearing. When he finally decided that i had to break, i had been on it continuously for nine months. He said i could restart after two months. After two months there was no need because i had cleared completely and i stayed that way for about a decade before it started to creep back - at first very mild but slowly becoming more severe.

I took my second course at 31 with moderate/severe nodulocystic ance, and cleared very quickly despite a fairly low dosage. Still clear so far. Dates of treatment and log are in my sig.

Moving this thread to the Accutane forum.

i had moderate/severe non-cystic acne through high school. finally went on accutane in 98/99 during my senior year. my skin was perfectly clear for the next 5 years. then suddenly last year i started getting nodulocystic acne and scarring for the first time. i started getting about 2-3 cysts a month, right before my period. i didn't even know what they were at first b/c i had never had a cyst before and also because i hadn't even had to think about my skin at all for the past 5 years. now i'm on yasmin and accutane. in the last 5 months on accutane i've gotten 3 new cysts. that's more than i'd like (especially since i've never had them in my life beforethis). but it does show the medication is working. i never thought i'd have to go on accutane again, since my acne wasn't horrible to begin with.