Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dog20

i should be studying, but i cant start

i think im depressed or something. im failing the class but i cant seem to force myself to go over the material. i also got a lot of reading in another class but i just cant seem to do it. :(

i think im depressed or something. im failing the class but i cant seem to force myself to go over the material. i also got a lot of reading in another class but i just cant seem to do it. :(

thats why i dropped out of school, couldnt be bothered with it and wanted other things. Just ask yourself if you really want to persue your education, but remember once you leave education its very hard to get back into it and most jobs you dont require education for are hard work and require you to work your way up from the bottom.

i think its that im just unhappy with my life. i never do anything exciting. its school, go home, work. everytime. no one to hang out with.. i would like a degree cause i got a scholarship and prepaid college for 4 years. but im already behind (i should of completed more hours). but i dont think a hospitality degree is really important for someone who wants a career in the culinary arts. i would think culinary school and work experience would be more beneficial.

whats the class?

i should be studying for my spanish exam tomorrow. i force myself to study by turning off the computer screen and sitting down with no music and STUDYING.

stay in school, in the future you will most likely not regret staying and doing the work.

i think its that im just unhappy with my life. i never do anything exciting. its school, go home, work. everytime. no one to hang out with.. i would like a degree cause i got a scholarship and prepaid college for 4 years. but im already behind (i should of completed more hours). but i dont think a hospitality degree is really important for someone who wants a career in the culinary arts. i would think culinary school and work experience would be more beneficial.

hmmmm....if you want to be a chef, or baker, thats different. my uncle is a master chef, he did not go to college but to culinary school in NYC. and a woman i work with quit college and went to culinary school, now she works in a bakery--which is hard work, there is little creativity in a bakery. we also have a cafe at my work, and its so much less glamorous then what you might think. more like manual labor. :) i guess it depends on what you really want.

im not sure if its what i want. i like to eat and i make dinner for my family- which i enjoy. i dont know many recipes but i do mess around with ingredients and she says i do a great job. other then cooking i dont know what else i would like to do. people ask me, what do you like? what do you see yourself doing? and i say i dont know. i really dont have a clue.

im not sure if its what i want. i like to eat and i make dinner for my family- which i enjoy. i dont know many recipes but i do mess around with ingredients and she says i do a great job. other then cooking i dont know what else i would like to do. people ask me, what do you like? what do you see yourself doing? and i say i dont know. i really dont have a clue.

i dont really have a specific idea either, i'm an english major because i am good at it and enjoy it at times. i need an internship!

maybe explore culinary arts by taking a job in a restaurant or something. read up on the career path. make sure you arent doing this just because you dont want to do college--like i had a rough start my freshman year and was thinking briefly about culinary arts also... and then i started work in a bakery/cafe and saw that i really dont like working in the food service coz its so demanding, repeitive....i still work there in the summers though.

do you have a career advisor you can talk to? i know that im trying to set an appointment up with mine, just to see if they can help.

ya i can take one of those test but i dont think it will mean much to me. im just soul searching now i guess.. i just feel pressured.

take a breather and see if you'd like to be where your at doing what you love to do in 10 years 20 years etc

i dont see myself doing any of the degrees lol. except the cooking cause i like it. well i like doing it at home....

I love cooking too. I cook for my family sometimes when I have time, they love my cooking....

Anyway, I guess cooking is just one of my hobbies.

For the degree, I am going Biomedical Engineering, which obviously does not relate to cooking.

ya i might hate it as a job. im clueless though. i dont care much about money, i just want to be happy at my job.

ya i might hate it as a job. im clueless though. i dont care much about money, i just want to be happy at my job.

same im going to get my degree in managing in 8 month but i don't like it so im gonna cut my losses and do what im happy after i get the degree

i originally chose marketing. then i picked my business classes for it (i already took my general education requirements- maths, sciences, english, etc.). but cooking was something i always liked. im afraid to tell my parents and i also will have to go on the other campus. but right now i can take some of my classes for it which suck!!!!! im failing macroeconomics, i had an F in accounting but i dropped it. i dont really see how those would help me lol.

maybe you could take a few random classes in different areas just to figure out what major you may want to go towards...maybe an economics degree isn't for you? right now i'm just taking classes across the spectrum, and i'll figure out my major down the rpad. just do what makes you happy, no one else.

i need macroeconomics, mircroeconomics, accounting and some other crap for a hospitality degree. it sucks lol.

I'm kind of going through this right now too. I have so much homework to get done, and I've really been putting it off, because I've just been feeling really depressed and unmotivated lately.

Education is very important, you are lucky to get this chance, (college, I believe not high school, whatever, try to find some quiet moments to do study,), as the acne.com here has no jobs right now Hee hee.

Do your best to get it done, work is more of the shitzzzz some times....than study, believe me......

seriously, i feel for you. im kinda like in the same boat as you. i was forced by my parents to take up computer science - IT and i have been having a hard time with the later programming courses. i hate it and it makes me feel worse to see how far ahead the others are from me. now we're still stuck with our thesis. i can confidently say my group probably had graduated last year already if only i was able to give 100% (or almost) of what i could but too bad i always had to struggle to get myself motivated to work. a big part of me regrets all this. now im lookin forward to takin up architecture (and maybe culinary arts as well) or any of the courses i prefer more in the future. i feel like im gonna be regretting it badly if i dont take up any one of those courses any time in my life.

im going to try and study today. its on 4 chapters and the test is on 10/31. i have another test 11/2 but all my focus will be on the macro since I have a 50% F (my fine grade is made up of 3 tests... so i better do well on this or im fucked). he said if we can pull off a 60% then we will PASS the course. that just shows how many people struggle in there rofl.

i do have heard macro is kinda tough. i wish u all the best. :angel:

its not that bad. its just i dont see the point in it so i dont spend as much time as i need to on it. a lot of people are struggling in it though.