Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CSR User

6 months...Need advice

I've been on the regimen for a little over 6 months and am getting frustrated. I don't have any before pictures, but I have a picture from today.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2116/csrsq5.jpg

I do have to say that my skin has improved VERY MUCH since I started the regimen. I get compliments sometimes from people that haven't seen me in a while asking what product's I'm using and they seem to get confused when I tell them I'm on the Clear Skin Regimen.

Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions to better treat my case. I'm not even sure what type of acne I have, but after having it for so many years, I'm starting to get frustrated. Going through high school with it was hard, and now that I am in college I am really self-conscious because fewer and fewer people there have it. I'm starting to believe that I just won't "grow out" of it.

I appreciate any advice and information. Thanks! :)

I guess I should've included that info. LOL!

I use a non-comogenic shaving cream and after shaving I then wash my face with Clinique for Men bar soap.

Afterwards, I apply 2.5% BP. (I used to use Salicylic Acid, but it seemed to lose it effect after a while, so I started using BP again.)

Finally, depending on my flakiness, I apply a non-comogenic moisturizer: "Pond's Dry Skin Cream"

I'm going to work now, I'll check topic replies when I get back in about 6 hours. I look forward to reading.

Thanks to everyone in advance that replies.

what kind of 2% BP?

i dont really know the reason, but it doesnt look like youre using a recommended cleanser or moisturizer.

also, there have been many people who claim diet and excercise have a lot to do with acne, maybe you could try that and just see if it has any effect on you.

I'm using some Clearasil and on the active ingredients, it says "Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%."

As for the moisturizer, I like it a little better than some of the other stuff I tried and it smells good. I tried going without it for a week and my breakouts didn't occur any more or any less. I've really done some experimenting with the regimen after not seeing results...even to the extent of trying BP & Salicylic Acid at the same time, which didn't seem to make my acne any worse or better. I hate my skin.

I've been on the regimen for a little over 6 months and am getting frustrated. I don't have any before pictures, but I have a picture from today.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2116/csrsq5.jpg

I do have to say that my skin has improved VERY MUCH since I started the regimen. I get compliments sometimes from people that haven't seen me in a while asking what product's I'm using and they seem to get confused when I tell them I'm on the Clear Skin Regimen.

Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions to better treat my case. I'm not even sure what type of acne I have, but after having it for so many years, I'm starting to get frustrated. Going through high school with it was hard, and now that I am in college I am really self-conscious because fewer and fewer people there have it. I'm starting to believe that I just won't "grow out" of it.

I appreciate any advice and information. Thanks! :)

Hi,

I looked at your picture and your acne looks very mild.

Would you be willing to make some changes and get the recommended products?

I am suspicious of your cleanser and your moisturizer.

If you live in the US, see if you can get Purpose bar or Purpose Wash to cleanse with, and switch moisturizers to Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, or Lac-Hydrin Five, or even something Like Neutrogena oil-free. That Pond's cream you are using has mineral oil right near the top of the ingredients list, that alone would turn me off, and creams are quite often too heavy for oily acne prone skin. I think a lotion is a better choice.

I"m not sure about Clearasil having a 2.5% bp, I've never seen that, but if that is what you have then it should be working. But, just in case, you might consider getting Neutrogena on-the-spot or trying out Dan's gel.

But see if you can make those changes and stick to the CSR religiously and let's see if you can get cleared up.

Brandy,

I'll see about making those few adjustments. Thanks for your help!

I got TWO compliments today...so maybe I'm just judging myself a little too hard and the regimen is doing more good than I notice.

To me, my skin looks awful but I guess we are all our own worst critics.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

My skin continues to get better each day.

Last night I even got a kiss on the cheek, and then on the lips from a girl that I truly adore.

I can't help but believe my clearing skin helps with attraction.

I should be happy, but I like her so much and yet I don't have her.

This can't be good for my acne. Hormones. I am probably doomed now. I hate love.

*sigh*

Now, which is worse? My acne or my love blues? I think the emotional hurt from love hurts many times worse than the emotional impact of acne. :wall:

i would definitely switch BP gel, clearasil has never made a product that produced good results for me. i would definitely switch to dans gel and i really think this case will be cleared up. I wasnt using his gel for the first three months i was on the CSR, and then when i got some, i improved dramatically

If you think his gel will help me more, then I am tempted to try it.

I have my MasterCard sitting on my keyboard debating right now. I have a tight budget.

If I buy his gel I think I will post progress pictures every week or two weeks or something...without hiding my eyes this time. I'm tired of being ashamed of my face.

If you think his gel will help me more, then I am tempted to try it.

I have my MasterCard sitting on my keyboard debating right now. I have a tight budget.

If I buy his gel I think I will post progress pictures every week or two weeks or something...without hiding my eyes this time. I'm tired of being ashamed of my face.

DO IT. Dan's gel is so much cheaper overall (way bigger tube), absorbs in very well, doesnt sweat off, doesnt overdry the skin, doesnt have a weird smell, and one tube will last much longer than any other little brand-name tubes from the store.

I highly recommend Dan's BP gel. It clears acne much faster and also eliminates excess oiliness. Try using Dan's cleanser as well, and keep a lookout for his moisturizer. Dan makes his products huge, shipping isnt too expensive, and he created these products to specifically attack acne without overdrying or being to harsh on the skin. Give it a try.

Hey CSR user,

I just wanted to wish you good luck! Your face looks pretty clear, but I understand that you want it to be perfect:) I think the suggestions Brandy and others made are good suggestions. I have been on CSR for about 7 months and my skin is perfectly clear...so it can happen!!! Good luck!

Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement; it means a lot...especially from people I don't even know.

This is a great place for me to come and I feel right at home with people that have the same problems as I do.

Anyway, here is a little update:

IPB Image

Not many new spots are forming, but it seems that the red marks just want to linger around forever. I'm going to stick with the regimen, but how long would you say before I can expect red spots like those to fade?

Thanks again everyone.