Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crabby_Patty

this has not worked for me

Well I think this is week 7 and I am still no better in fact my skin is disgusting, I have big boil spots all round my jawline and now on my cheeks

I have followed the regime - not used the exact same products but a used a gentle cleanser and then bp cream. I have not needed to moisturise as my skin hasnt dried up

wot do I do now

The Regimen does work best when followed precisely. For me, I will break out more if my skin is not adequately hydrated, so a moisturizer is important in the whole process.

At this point in time, before giving up, why not get the recommended products and give it a go.

I was still breaking out until week 9, and switching products can also cause a breakout. I strayed to a different moisturizer for a few days and broke out terribly. Consistency, I think, is the solution, and stay with it for a few more weeks without varying your regimen.

by boil spots do you mean cysts? the regimine doesn't work for everyone, perhaps you need to try something else. however i usually give a treatment three months before i quit because they could take a while to work. if you do have cystic acne i don't know how effective the regimen will be though. i know the only thing that got rid of my cysts were antibiotics (and now accutane.)

I'd really do what Brandy suggests. It doesn't look like you're on the CSR; you're on your own modified version of it. With the modified version, you'll get modified results, and you won't know if the CSR would really work for you. Just give the CSR a try precisely and see what results you get.

Cam >B)

The Regimen does work best when followed precisely. For me, I will break out more if my skin is not adequately hydrated, so a moisturizer is important in the whole process.

At this point in time, before giving up, why not get the recommended products and give it a go.

I cant use the stuff suggested as I only use products approved that have not been tested on animals. So I found the mildest face wash I could find and I havnt been using mositurisor as my face is just not drying out.

the spot are like cysts I suppose and they really hurt too, plus loads of tiny little ones under the skin. I wouldnt say I was bad enough to go on accutane.

I know I am sounding like a quitter but I am so fed up with it all, i dont think it is cos the BP is crap as I know lots of people get great results on it.

:(

I know how frustrating acne can be. Different people's skin responds differently to regimens.

If you're getting cysts, then your acne might be classified as severe. I know that some people who have severe acne (like Starlogic) have had amazing results when following the CSR. But if you don't want to do the CSR, then you might talk to a dermatologist about alternatives. A knowledgeable and understanding dermatologist can be a great help.

Good luck!

Cam >B)

I cant use the stuff suggested as I only use products approved that have not been tested on animals. So I found the mildest face wash I could find and I havnt been using mositurisor as my face is just not drying out.

the spot are like cysts I suppose and they really hurt too, plus loads of tiny little ones under the skin. I wouldnt say I was bad enough to go on accutane.

I know I am sounding like a quitter but I am so fed up with it all, i dont think it is cos the BP is crap as I know lots of people get great results on it.

:(

this is the same for me!

when i dont use enough moisturizer i get a few spots near that area