Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ami24

how much moisturizer?

I've been on the CSR for 11 days and I'm experiencing some dryness and flakes (obviously) and I'm a little unsure of HOW much moisturizer to squeeze out? mines in a bottle not a pump kind. i've heard 3-4 pumps is good but anyone know how much that equals to squeezing it out on your finger?

use enough to keep you moist. Try squeezing a nickel/quarter size amount into your hand then apply to face. If you still fill dry after 10 or 15 minutes use some more.

Dan recommends using slightly less moisturizer than bp, however I just use as much as it takes. I think in the long run I probably use more moisturizer than bp, as some areas of my face I have to use alot to make the flakes go away.

Just use as much moisturizer as you need for your skin to be adequately hydrated, feel good, and look "normal".

If you find the Dove one you are using just isn't working out well, try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, or you can add a bit of Jojoba oil to the Dove moisturizer and that should help.

ok thanks for the tips guys. btw, where the heck do you buy jojoba oil? (i'd never even heard of it until i found this forum haha) would walmart or target have it?