Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

Today is a really bad day..the worst in a long time. I know I don't have many pimples anymore...most of the time none (thanks to my low dose accutane), however as soon as one little red pimple appears I completely freak out. I probably wouldn't if my skin wasn't flaky and oily around my nose already..I'm so ugly I can't look at myself anymore. Furthermore I'm still in love with the girlfriend of a friend of mine which already completely makes me feel bad all the time..I now wanted to think about something else and go swimming but then I looked again in the mirror and saw my ugly flaky skin...I just want a normal live..why do I (or obviously we..otherwise you wouldn't be in this forum) have to live like that..I'd rather be dead than live like this...

I probably don't even deserve any girl like the one I'm in love with...it's probably even better for her that she doesn't have to do anything with someone so ugly and horrible person like me :(

Sorry I had to get this off my chest..I don't know anyone to talk about this so it kind of helps

if you're worried about flaking skin, try a moisturizer twice a day. there are a lot of good ones that won't break you out, especially since you said you don't really get any spots anymore.

hey man, it's cool to let some emotions out, it will make you feel alot better ;)

with accutane, are you still on the course? how long have you taken it?

Furthermore I'm still in love with the girlfriend of a friend of mine which already completely makes me feel bad all the time.

@rosiemarie: I always use twice a day moisterizer and my skin still becomes flaky :(

@rakku: Thanks..yeah I'm still on accutane..but I don't knnow for how long. I started with 5mg daily, then 10mg, and now 20mg. Tomorrow I'll see my derm and then he'll decides what we'll do next...I just want this all to be over. I'm so afraid that as soon as we stop the treatment all the acne is coming back...

And about this girl..sorry I probably wrote it wrong because I'm no native English speaker. She doesn't make me feel bad...or well not deliberately. I just feel bad because she already has a boyfriend and I can only think about her. :( But I wouldn't have any chance the way I look like...tonight would be a party she asked me to go with her to..however I don't dare to go out of the house so I just said I'm tired :(

Hey buddy i dont think ur ugly at all!!!

Just try to think of the happier things in ur life...family, friends, places u like to go? and concentrate on them...its normal to think 'im ugly' bcoz there r so many days wen i look in the mirror and think pfffft!

Just be urself around the girl and im sure she'l want to hang with u and talk 2 uthats better then nothing....might even get a chance 2 b with her in the future (if she breaks up)...I hope the tane treatment works 4 u :) good luck

if u think this and say this, that u are so ugly,other ppl pick it up and that will be the only reason why she may say no to u. I guess it's a turn off when someone doesn't like who they are. because how can u like someone when they constantly put themselves down?

i know it's hard, but u aren't ugly at all..u look good to me. Sometimes u may be imagining many things that arent true..it's about who u are inside and being a good person and doing things that make u feel good/being good to others that will get u feeling better about yourself. u gotta work from the inside out. a pretty face is useless if the inside is dying. im trying to do the same as u, trying to find happiness. it's hard but just 1 thing at a time. start saying positive affirmations to yourself everyday to build your self esteem up perhaps?

if u think this and say this, that u are so ugly,other ppl pick it up and that will be the only reason why she may say no to u. I guess it's a turn off when someone doesn't like who they are. because how can u like someone when they constantly put themselves down?

i know it's hard, but u aren't ugly at all..u look good to me. Sometimes u may be imagining many things that arent true..it's about who u are inside and being a good person and doing things that make u feel good/being good to others that will get u feeling better about yourself. u gotta work from the inside out. a pretty face is useless if the inside is dying. im trying to do the same as u, trying to find happiness. it's hard but just 1 thing at a time. start saying positive affirmations to yourself everyday to build your self esteem up perhaps?

Well said :clap:

Thanks guys...I'm thankful for your help...

I could say positive things everyday to myself IF my skin wouldn't completely fall apart thanks to this flakes...I would like to say positive things while looking in the mirror but I can hardly look at myself :(

From that pic you obviously have perfect face features and if im not mistaken, ive seen a couple of your photos. I dont want to flatter you in any way but you're gorgeous. Im sorry you can't see that. We are our own wrost critic. I honestly don't understand why you feel this way. So what if your face is a little flaky, you're clear and even if you weren't, you're beautiful...

Go out with that girl, there's nothing wrong with you. You shouldnt keep her at a distance because it's all in your head (cause of the acne that messed us all up), go on have fun!

:comfort:

@rosiemarie: I always use twice a day moisterizer and my skin still becomes flaky :(

@rakku: Thanks..yeah I'm still on accutane..but I don't knnow for how long. I started with 5mg daily, then 10mg, and now 20mg. Tomorrow I'll see my derm and then he'll decides what we'll do next...I just want this all to be over. I'm so afraid that as soon as we stop the treatment all the acne is coming back...

And about this girl..sorry I probably wrote it wrong because I'm no native English speaker. She doesn't make me feel bad...or well not deliberately. I just feel bad because she already has a boyfriend and I can only think about her. :( But I wouldn't have any chance the way I look like...tonight would be a party she asked me to go with her to..however I don't dare to go out of the house so I just said I'm tired :(

well with accutane, unfortunately your side effects will increase as your dosage increases (some say it levels off, but for me personally my side effects got worst). however, take it from a dude that did it twice already, the reward is totally worth it. yeah you're gonna probably feel pretty bad the first couple of months, but man, once your face gets clear, you'll be surprised why you didn't do it sooner. so don't worry man, stick with accutane, get some good moisturizer, and make sure you ask your derm tons of questions next time you see him/her :D

and about this girl. well you can do two things. first, you can try to steal the girl from your friend ( :naughty: strongly ill advised... once word gets out you tried stealing a gf, you'll have a bad image). or you can be just be friends...for now. who knows, maybe that girl will breakup with her current boyfriend, and you'll get a chance to swoop her off her feet in the future :) the most important thing to do is not do anything agressive that would push her away. get to know her, see what she is like. hey, maybe once you do that and you get to know her, you might find out that you guys aren't even compatible. anything can happen. in any case, it's always best not to get stuck with one girl, because you might be missing out on other potential girls :cool: . i know it's hard cuz of the tane, but try to get out more and meet more girls.

so in the end, be friends with that girl, and for now, wait and see what happens with her bf. in the meantime, go to that party tonight...maybe she has a hot sister :shifty2:

hi michael,

I know exactly how you feel. some days I just think there's no point in carrying on.

and I always feel that the person I'm in love with is somewhere above me and shoudn't be bothered with someone like me.

and I know what it's like to be on low dose, I'm on 20mg for over a year now. I'm just like you, I FREAK OUT when another "blemish" turns up. it's hard not to take tane as a guarantee and not to feel let down by it. but those people or derms who keep saying it will clear you completely and you will live happily ever after are just living in a dreambubble.

it helps a great deal though, doesn't it... :dance:

but you're probably left with some scars and red marks, I am, but I mean, think of the time before tane and then you'll remember that your skin DID improve. it's a slow slow process but good things don't happen overnight. :rolleyes:

how long have you been on it? when do you stop? where in switzerland do you come from?

machdr nöd son chopf ok au das gaht verbi! :comfort:

Thanks @all for your support..it really helps me :)

@cookie kiss: Thanks for all your compliments about my looks..I'm really flattered. :wub: I don't see it though, but I'm really really happy to hear that

@rukka: Yeah I'll see my derm tomorrow and I'll ask him a lot of questions..I just want to have a goal...I want to know when I'm finally finished and being able to get off the medication without any breakouts anymore...

And about this girl..I'm really getting confused. I saw her this week again and when I arrived home I received an SMS from her (about 1 hour after we've left) saying how much she enjoyed the evening...especially strange since she was with her boyfriend at that time. And maybe we'll see each other again on Saturday, and so far I've never asked her out only she did. Maybe I'm just a good friend for her..could be but I hope not. Of course I don't want to destroy this relationship...I already did this with my last girlfriend :cool:

@anjana

Vo züri und du? Und wie ischs so nacheme jahr mit 20mg? praktisch alles verbi? Und trocheheit?

Witzig öpper vode schwiz da aztreffe ;)

michael,

us sg. :rolleyes: aso nachme jahr mit 20mg fühltmer sich direkt gseit wines stück scheisse aber d huut isch mal sicher um einiges besser. allerdings gits immerno n pickel oder nännemers verstopfti pore ab und zue. aber viellicht normalisiert sich das wenni ufhör etzt denn mitti november, gäb jo lüt wo ersch nach roa endi "is reine chömmed mit sich und de welt". :lol:

trocheheit isch uszhalte, mer muss sich halt sbiz ihrichte nöd wahr... ;)

ebe, wi lang nimmschsn du scho und wenn bisch fertig? wi laufts so? :think:

(translation for our dear english spoken members: :lol:

michael,

I'm from sg. well after a year on 20mg you basically feel like a piece of shit but the skin has improved a lot that's for sure. but there's still some pimples or let's call it blocked pores every now and then.

let's hope that changes to the better when I stop my course in the middle of november, there's people who cleared up only after finishing their course.

the state of dryness is alright, you just have to watch out a bit....

how long have you been taking tane for, when do you stop? how's it going?

----> now that's very kind of me isn't it and good practise too :boohoo: )

cool, sounds pretty good to me bro with the girl and you. just don't get too friendly or she will get stuck with the whole, "lets be really really close friends" syndrome :doh:

michael,

us sg. :rolleyes: aso nachme jahr mit 20mg fühltmer sich direkt gseit wines stück scheisse aber d huut isch mal sicher um einiges besser.

Hi

Today is a really bad day..the worst in a long time. I know I don't have many pimples anymore...most of the time none (thanks to my low dose accutane), however as soon as one little red pimple appears I completely freak out. I probably wouldn't if my skin wasn't flaky and oily around my nose already..I'm so ugly I can't look at myself anymore. Furthermore I'm still in love with the girlfriend of a friend of mine which already completely makes me feel bad all the time..I now wanted to think about something else and go swimming but then I looked again in the mirror and saw my ugly flaky skin...I just want a normal live..why do I (or obviously we..otherwise you wouldn't be in this forum) have to live like that..I'd rather be dead than live like this...

I probably don't even deserve any girl like the one I'm in love with...it's probably even better for her that she doesn't have to do anything with someone so ugly and horrible person like me :(

Sorry I had to get this off my chest..I don't know anyone to talk about this so it kind of helps

Oh my girfriend of a friend is not trouble yes???

Besides, you are nice looking and could have lots of gals......

Thanks for your help guys :)

At least I don't worry about the acne at the moment, only about the girl...yesterday she told me how much she loves her boyfriend :( This would be the perfect girl for me and it really hurt hearing this, since I probably really have no chance...but it's always ooo great to spend time for her, I just want it to last forever when I see her :(

@anjana

Ja mir gfallt dhut gar nöd....würkli nöd vo akne her oder so aber eifach dass sie mal troche isch, mal ölig, mal chasch sgsicht chum bewege so troche isch sie und niemer cha das versta. Total müäsam..ich hasses. Aberhoffe es gad nüm allzulang..bi jetzt sit mitti april dra.

Hallo...Ich habe in der Schweiz gewohnt. Ich habe meinen Deutsch vergessen. Ich war in der Schweiz von 1992 bis 1999. Ich bin 15 jahre alt, so ich war nur ein kind wann ich habe in der Schweiz gewohnt.

Yeah...my German is really bad.

Oh well.

michael,

us sg. :rolleyes: aso nachme jahr mit 20mg fühltmer sich direkt gseit wines stück scheisse aber d huut isch mal sicher um einiges besser.

great, now i want to know how to say "shit". is it... "stück"?!? :lol:

no it's "scheisse". would you like to learn more? :lol::shifty2:

michael,

jo i weiss isch mühesam (meh als das) und mer chunnt sich vor win freak aber i glaub s ischs wert i bin jo jetzt scho lang dra und s verändred eim scho zimli au wenns irgendwie e zimli schrääääääägi :crazy2: droge isch, zuegäh.

vowege troche, do musch halt sbiz creme denn klappt das scho?

i weiss, s verstohts niemer, aber s chasch halt au nöd erwarte, git immer was im lebe wod ellei dörfsch usbade. :comfort:

und weg diner frau wod es aug uf sie gworfe häsch, i glaub de nopride isch do goldrichtig.... ;)

viel glück!

(nah no text translation sorry, but then, it doesn't involve scheisse/shit this time :lol: )

Hi

For flaky skin, use Jojoba oil. It really helps