Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiction

Richer countries?

So I've noticed that almost everyone on the entire acne.org website is from one of the big three countries that also happen to be well connected through economics and globalization. the UK, Australia and the US. I know I've seen other European countries represented and perhaps the larger Asian countries, but doesnt that seem wierd to you guys? The bulk of people with acne are from the richer countries of the world. Sounds to me like it is a diet thing. I've also noticed their are more people on the boards as well. Interesting thing to consider.

Literacy

Language

Internet access

Give a damn.

That or they all live in a preindustrial utopia, skipping merrily through the woods eating wild berries and drinking from the healing well.

Literacy

Language

Internet access

Give a damn.

That or they all live in a preindustrial utopia, skipping merrily through the woods eating wild berries and drinking from the healing well.

:eh:

Literacy

Language

Internet access

Give a damn.

lol

The bulk of people with acne are from the richer countries of the world. Sounds to me like it is a diet thing. I've also noticed their are more people on the boards as well. Interesting thing to consider.

The absence of acne in more than 1300 subjects in 2 nonwesternized societies is attributable to their diets. The astonishing difference in acne incidence rates between nonwesternized and fully modernized societies cannot be solely attributed to genetic differences among populations but likely results from differing environmental factors. Identification of these factors may be useful in the treatment of acne in Western populations.

Arch Dermatol 2002;138:1584-90

most people are on this website are from the US UK Australia or Canada. probably because this website is in english and those are english speaking countries (well Canada is freanch speaking too, but you know what i mean.)

Acne affects every race, age, and gender. Just because you're from a rich country does not mean you have more acne than someone living in the poorest country. The reason you see rich countries such as the US, UK and others is because they have access to a computer,internet, wi-fi whatever... I'm not saying there isn't any internet access in poorer countries it's just that these people use the money they have for other things such as food, medicine, hospital care...and other needs.

Acne affects every race, age, and gender. Just because you're from a rich country does not mean you have more acne than someone living in the poorest country.

Actually all epidemiological researches say the opposite

The incidence of acne in rich "developed" countries is 55-60% for adults and 89% for teens

The incidence of acne in poor countries is 0-1% for both teens and adults

The incidence of acne in non-poor non-technological countries is 0-1% for botht teens and adults

Actually all epidemiological researches say the opposite

The incidence of acne in rich "developed" countries is 55-60% for adults and 89% for teens

The incidence of acne in poor countries is 0-1% for both teens and adults

The incidence of acne in non-poor non-technological countries is 0-1% for botht teens and adults

Well of course the percentage might be lower. But it's not completely unheard of. Most likely such a high percentage in rich countries is because of the crappy foods we consume and the things we do to our skin...If we all ate completely natural and from the earth those percentages might be a little different. But somethings are in our systems before were even born so it's not like eating healthy now can always make a difference. What do you think your mother was eating while pregnant with you? One of my friends is over 7'2", 27 years old (still growing) his parents are maximum 5 feet. Why? Because his parents were getting meat and milk from a farmer who injected the animals with tons of growth hormones and nothing else. And who did it affect? The unborn child. So with that said...the chemicals consumed by generations of family members plays a large role in the condition of our skin. Whereas people in poorer countries didn't have access to junk foods, sweets and sodas like our families did (and still do) and it shows!