Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaCA

Jojoba Oil - "purging" of clogged pores/ breakouts! HELP!

I've been using jojoba oil for a week now (a few drops after washing, before BP - both morning and night). It's been pretty good at getting rid of flakes (80% less flakes), but I am breaking out!!! All of the little clear white bumps (comedones) are now erupting into little zits everywhere. Is this purging normal with jojoba? Or will it continue to break out - should I stop using jojoba oil?

Everyone says its non-comedogenic, merely a carrier oil, etc.. all I know is that the lower half of my face is covered in breakouts! Adding jojoba oil is the only thing I've changed in the past few months. I am strictly on Dan's regimen, nothing added except now jojoba oil. The comedones/clogged pores were already there, but ever since I added jojoba oil, they are turning into little zits. Anyone else experience this? Any advice? Should I stop using it? Thanks everyone. I really appreciate any feedback.

hmmm, that's interesting. I've been using the jojoba oil for a few days now, so far so good. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is experiencing a breakout.

Are you using the full amount of BP?

hmmm, that's interesting. I've been using the jojoba oil for a few days now, so far so good. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is experiencing a breakout.

Yes, I use a full finger of Dan's BP. It has always been great, my only problem has been a build-up of tiny clear under-the-skin bumps (non-inflamed comedones). I think they were caused by flakes building up in my pores, because I never got them when I used Eucerin Renewal, which eliminated flakes and dead skin buildup. So I wanted to try and eliminate the flakes again using jojoba, but now I am breaking out. The jojoba is great for my skin overall (the un-broken out skin - top half of face) and it is lessening redmarks left by zits and leaving my skin generally very well-moisturized, supple, smooth and soft. I will give jojoba oil a few more weeks, and then see how my skin is doing.

A purging effect is possible with jojoba oil (I got 3 new whiteheads in the beginning from it, and nothing since), otherwise people should always remember that jojoba oil is absolutely non-comedogenic and actually helps prevent breakouts.

The breakouts will not continue if you keep using it.

Yes, I use a full finger of Dan's BP. It has always been great, my only problem has been a build-up of tiny clear under-the-skin bumps (non-inflamed comedones). I think they were caused by flakes building up in my pores, because I never got them when I used Eucerin Renewal, which eliminated flakes and dead skin buildup. So I wanted to try and eliminate the flakes again using jojoba, but now I am breaking out. The jojoba is great for my skin overall (the un-broken out skin - top half of face) and it is lessening redmarks left by zits and leaving my skin generally very well-moisturized, supple, smooth and soft. I will give jojoba oil a few more weeks, and then see how my skin is doing.

hmm, it sounds like your skin really liked the lactic acid in Eucerin Renewal lotion.

You can consider giving Lac-Hydrin Five a try, it has 5% lactic acid in it. And it works a treat on flakes too!

i dont think its related to the jojoba. but thats based purely on my experience. I have not experinced one breakout since using the product... and above all it has greatly improved my skin. I'm assuming it will clear up quickly

My skin is breaking out in so many little zits. Now new comedones are forming all over my cheeks and around my mouth and chin. I am really wondering whether to stop using jojoba oil, or if they will go away. I think I am going to stop because if it keeps getting worse I will be covered in zits soon!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for me about Lactin-5?

I think I am most frustrated by the fact that I havent read one negative post about jojoba oil on these boards! Everyone loves it and raves about it. No one else has broken out or experienced this (ohh boo hoo, poor me - I know I am whining here) and I just dont get it. Am I just unlucky? Maybe its the Clinique Dramatically Different lotion I use. Should I switch to Lactin-5 AHA and try that with jojoba?

I'm afraid of changing things since I've been on Dan's regimen for a year and a half but still never fully balanced my skin, stopped all breakouts or got rid of flakes. Arrrggghh I hate searching for new products and wondering what will solve the next skin problem! Sorry to complain to everyone, I really appreciate all of your help and suggestions.

I noticed that when I leave jojoba oil on my face overnight, I usually awake the next morning with a couple whiteheads. Whether or not it's solely the jojoba oil's fault or just a coincident, who knows. But you're not alone and it is possible jojoba oil isn't for everyone. I continue to use it though cuz it appears to be helping with my redmarks.