Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fitness_Freakazoid

Diet Cokes, Sodas and other "diet" pops

i would say (and i've read up on it) sugar substitutes are just as bad for the skin if you consume too much. Moderation is the key if you have to have your soda.

Don't consume garbage unless you want garbage emerging from your skin.

kay thanks guys

one more thing

is green tea okay ?

yes. you can have the regular ones that have a bit of caffeine in it or you can get the caffeine free variety, there are also different flavors, like mint green tea, raspberry green tea, you can make an ice tea out of it, agave necter (from a cactus) is really low on the glycemic index (won't raise your blood sugar like sugar/honey) and you can use that as a sweetener if you want to.

pretty much all herbal teas are good for you. and taste great too.

Don't consume garbage unless you want garbage emerging from your skin.

kay thanks guys

one more thing

is green tea okay ?

yes. you can have the regular ones that have a bit of caffeine in it or you can get the caffeine free variety, there are also different flavors, like mint green tea, raspberry green tea, you can make an ice tea out of it, agave necter (from a cactus) is really low on the glycemic index (won't raise your blood sugar like sugar/honey) and you can use that as a sweetener if you want to.

pretty much all herbal teas are good for you. and taste great too.

Thank You:) I use some sugartwin so its caloriefree:) I will drink them instead of the diet sodas

Guest T-Virus

Diet sodas are sick though...and they can help you develop cancer. No thanks.

Diet soda = cancer? :eh:

WATER WATER WATER.....how freaking boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you gotta love the taste of a good class of soda....mmmm....

I loveIPB Image :drool: :wall:

im not giving up green tea. let me live a little please? right now im eating a 900 calorie day diet composed of oats and WAS peanut butter but now thats bad or u so i cut that out and lean meats ... oh and cttg cheese. i dont care how bad sugartwin is for my health. i deserve it for what i DO eat.

oh and diet cokes or whatever DONT cause cancer, otherwise it wouldnt be allowed to be sold ... people just link everything to everything ... supposivley bottled water caused cancer too.

I loveIPB Image :drool: :wall:

im not giving up green tea. let me live a little please? right now im eating a 900 calorie day diet composed of oats and WAS peanut butter but now thats bad or u so i cut that out and lean meats ... oh and cttg cheese. i dont care how bad sugartwin is for my health. i deserve it for what i DO eat.

oh and diet cokes or whatever DONT cause cancer, otherwise it wouldnt be allowed to be sold ... people just link everything to everything ... supposivley bottled water caused cancer too.

why would u give up green tea? it's good for you.

there was a study done that coke deteriorates bones.

The average pH of soft drinks, e.g. Coke, Pepsi is pH 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at around the age of 30. After that it'll be dissolving about 8-18% of the bones each year through the urine depending on the acidity of the food intake (acidity does not depend on the taste of the food, but on the ratio of potassium / calcium / magnesium / etc. to phosphorus).

All the dissolved calcium compounds accumulate in the arteries, veins, skin tissue, organs. This affects the functioning of the kidney (kidney stones).

Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity, and more additives such as preservatives and colorings

Some people like to take cold soft drinks after each meal. Guess what's the impact? Our body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This will lower the effectiveness of the enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produces bad smelling gases, decays and forms toxins which are absorbed in the intestines, get circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases.

this may or may not be true, but who knows :)

If they had a warning on the label that "diet sodas may cause cancer" they could still get away with selling it. It's right on the package of cigarettes. If it could actually be proven that diet soda causes cancer, and could be linked to certain cases of cancer, the soda industry would have so many lawsuits on their hands.

I've found the best way to cut down on soda is to always have juice made. Whether it be cranberry juice, or lemonade. I have a jug always made so I can always have a drink handy. I think the reason why people drink so much soda is because it's there and it's easy to drink. Just screw off the cap and drink amirite? Plus I can make a jug of juice for like a dime, compared to a 2 liter for 1.19 (or whatever the damn price is up to).

Just avoid sugary drinks & drink as much water as you can. Dont be paranoid though; something flavored now & then is okay. Just do your best to be healthy without being a nut.

Most of the time ((in moderation should be fine), try to avoid anything with obvious excess amounts of sugar (like soda and certain juices) and with caffeine.

I also remember reading that in relation to soda, aspartame (which is found in diet sodas) can be worse for acne than sugar and has certain health risks I believe (as does sugar).

Most of the time ((in moderation should be fine), try to avoid anything with obvious excess amounts of sugar (like soda and certain juices) and with caffeine.

I also remember reading that in relation to soda, aspartame (which is found in diet sodas) can be worse for acne than sugar and has certain health risks I believe (as does sugar).

Thanks guys :)

Lets break it down.

Soda

Negative = stains your teeth, loaded with sugar and caffeine both of which have been associated with acne, trace amounts of cancer causes agents, and harmful to bones,organs,etc (as bittermp mentioned)

Positive = taste good

Nuff said.

i get nice and big pimples from drinking soda/coke. mmm i would kill to drink a nice cold glass of coke right now... :think:

We talked about this before and I mentioned that Mythbusters did an experiment to test whether or not phosphoric acid in Coke really does dissolve teeth and metals (car mechanics use it to clean batteries). Well, according to the experiments MB conducted, a nail was put in Coke and it half dissolved in a day or two, and the same exact thing happened to a human tooth they put in Coke.

I was curious as to whether or not Coke would get all of the baked on gook off of my toaster oven tray thingie, and it did. Nothing touched that stuff....I mean NOTHING. We tried EVERYTHING to get that junk off of the metal tray and we finally decided to try Coke, especially after my son watched MythBusters. It worked PERFECTLY!

There was a recent study done by Tufts University that concluded that Coke can contribute to or cause osteoperosis. Of course alternative health practitioners have said this for years and years and years, so it's good to have backup.

When you consume Coke or other high acid foods, your body pulls minerals out of your bones in order to buffer the acid and bring the body back into a balanced ph. Over time, you lose quite a bit of calcium and of course other minerals; this effect seems to be the worst with teenage girls, according to the recent study.

But putting that aside, artificial sweeteners (the man-made synthetic ones that are put in sodas) are really just simply terrible for you. They really should be banned.

I love soda with a passion.

I don't like water. I really don't.

However, for the past month I've pretty much cut out all soda (I've only had 3 cans in a 30 day period) and consumed only water. My skin looks absolutely amazing.

I don't think soda causes acne, however for health in general (not just acne) I think water should be consumed waaaaay more than soda.