Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
element45

Dermabrasion

I moved your topic into the scar forum, which is more directly related to your question. I hope you get some replies this way.

I was told by a doctor many years ago that they prefer that you not have active acne when they dermabrade but I am not sure of the status of the information at this time.

I would recommend that you contact a very experienced dermabrasion doctor such as Dr. David Alkek in Dallas or Dr. Yarbourgh in New Orleans and talk to them or their staff.

Dan

Take care of the acne first. Trst me u will be much better if u do. That dermabtrasion can make little zits all over causing new scars if u have it actively and still do the dermabrasion. If u have scars bad enough to consider a dermabrasion u should be on accutane or take it until the acne is gone. Sometimes it might take 3 or 4 treatments but that is better than a ton of scars. Most do it in one or maybe 2 treatments just saying u need to end the acne and oil first.