Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Class at night

I have night school on wednesdays and thursdays at 7:00-10:00. Its hard for me to eat "right" (proteins, fats, carbs) both of these nights. I try to bring food with me and just eat in class, but its kind of hard to bring protein in a baggie unless its seeds/nuts.

Also we get break at 8:30 in which the entire class is munching on vending machine candy and chips. Its pure torture. What would you guys do in my situation? I also usually end up coming home at 10 PM and eating again because im so hungry before bed.

Any advice or ideas would be great! Thanks :cool:

have a big meal at 6 and then just bring a snack with you.

how about some hummus and carrots? You can just put the hummus into a small tupperware container, easy to travel.

you can cut up an apple and bring peanut butter and spread it on apple slices. Or spread it on celery sticks.

do you eat dairy? (i don't anymore :( ) you could bring plain yogurt and add nuts/seeds to it.

avacado is filling and good for you.

i once saw a girl eating cottage cheese from a baggie at a MSU football game in the student section. if someone can get away with that, you can bring whatever you want to class!! that hommus idea sounded good! portable veggies...raisins? peanut butter is a fav with me on a rice cake.

I usually put peanut butter in one of those tiny gladware cups and eat it with crackers, celery, etc, but now they make portable peanut butter!

http://www.jif.com/jiftogo/

I've been going to grad school at night for the past three years, and I usually eat one of those power bar type things. I really like the Luna bars and I recently had a Clif Crunch bar that was AMAZING! Those have a lot of vitamins and protein and keep me going and alert throughout class. The only thing is I don't know if those have wheat or not. Make sure to bring a bottle of water too.

i'd also stick with natural peanut butter and if you can afford it, sunflower butter, or almond butter, pumpkin seed butter.

I do not agree with schools providing vending machine at every corner. Its only to make money and they dont care about our health.

Yes, it makes it pure torchure to try to eat healthy on breaks while others eat tasty chips.

The ONLY way I got myself out of that habit was NOT going out with the students during the break and watching them eat junkfood. I had to stay in the classroom and strike up conversations in there to avoid the temptations.

Before going to school, prepare a yummy wrap in a plastic zip-lock baggy. Buy whole-grain pocket bread (have u seen those?) and in a bowl mix your favorite salad dressing, spinich, crumbled mushrooms and bell peppers. Add some cheese if you eat cheese... put it all in the pocketbread and heat for 20 seconds.

Everyone there will smell it when you take it out of the baggy and start asking for some (You have reversed the torchure! Now they are drooling at what you get to eat!).

Experiment with the wraps. They are to die for :)

I do not agree with schools providing vending machine at every corner. Its only to make money and they dont care about our health.

Yes, it makes it pure torchure to try to eat healthy on breaks while others eat tasty chips.

The ONLY way I got myself out of that habit was NOT going out with the students during the break and watching them eat junkfood. I had to stay in the classroom and strike up conversations in there to avoid the temptations.

Before going to school, prepare a yummy wrap in a plastic zip-lock baggy. Buy whole-grain pocket bread (have u seen those?) and in a bowl mix your favorite salad dressing, spinich, crumbled mushrooms and bell peppers. Add some cheese if you eat cheese... put it all in the pocketbread and heat for 20 seconds.

Everyone there will smell it when you take it out of the baggy and start asking for some (You have reversed the torchure! Now they are drooling at what you get to eat!).

Experiment with the wraps. They are to die for :)

What is that whole wheat pocket wrap? That might work! And the peanut butter and apple thing sounds good.

Oh and the tip for mot going with them on break wont work because we get 10 minutes for break and that gives them enough time to go to the vending machines and bathroom, which means they eat their goodies IN class and i have to smell and see it while trying to take notes.

Also my thursday night teacher just sent out an email saying that she will be ordering pizzas for tomorrows class. WTF??? Now i either look like an outcast :ninja: or eat pizza and feel like crap :doh:

I cannot help you there.

Except I can relate to your problem: I have joined up with the Health club at school for anyone in health professions - doctors, dentists, anything health related.

At each meeting, they order 10 pizzas with sodas. They are also going to have ice-cream give aways where we eat all the ice cream we want.

I really have no choice but sit and watch - I do not eat meat or cheese - or at least not in those quantities). I dont eat white bread either (the pizza crust) because white bread takes B vitamins out of our body and leads to deficiency. I dont drink the soda - the dentists advise against it: the carbonic acid eats away tooth enamel (and when I drank it, I'd get 10 cavities every year. Now that I've quit, I dont get any).

Is it a good idea to have ice cream giveaways when there is an American Obesity Epidemic? I do not participate in these either. It would be healthier to have fruit popcycles. I do not eat the ice cream either.

So, I just sit and watch :P

And this is at a Health meeting for graduate students going into Health professions. I can see what kind of doctors these people are going to be when they get out of med school.

Guest Locked In Grace

Nice try, I don't eat breads though :confused: because of the wheat

Buy breads made with spelt flour. I'm Wheat and Yeast intolerant, i eat breads. :D

Jen - make some tasty scrambled eggs with lots of stuff added in them to balance the protein / carbs / fat thing, or maybe have a side dish that's carbs. Tupperware it up and you're good to go, plus eggs cook fast.

Or make some sort of stirfry with tofu.

Or do what I do when I'm in a hurry - eat some nuts, then some hummus / carrots, and maybe some kefir. Then you're getting a little bit of carbs from the carrots, hummus and dairy, plus a variety of protein, and it's all tasty :)

Okay So I just got home from class. People were even nice enough to bring dessert and soda along with the pizza. Well heres how it went:

8:30 Pizza Arrived

8:35 Jen left hahaha

Great Solution :dance:

Nice try, I don't eat breads though :confused: because of the wheat

Buy breads made with spelt flour. I'm Wheat and Yeast intolerant, i eat breads. :D

unless you have a reaction to gluten. I am now getting off gluten. I've been wheat and bread free for 2 months, ate spelt and oats, now i'll stick to quinoa. goodbye bread!!! :(

Mmmm the things RS mentioned sounded yummy.

My boyfriend wont touch eggs now, though. He dreamed he cracked open an egg to make an omelet and a baby chick was inside. :wacko: Even though this is impossible, he is now refusing eggs. I was laughing so hard when he told me this dream cuz it was so silly :wacko:

I guess he's been surrounded by factory-farming topics for the last 2 years now that he's starting to dream about them.

I kinda feel sorry for him, but its such a comical situation now that he is also being haunted in his dreams about factory farming and not just by me with the research I do :dance: heh