Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest dingybobstuart

G'day,

Just wondering how shaving affects the condition of your skin?

I find that sometimes on weekends when im not home or really worrying about my face (too busy having fun), by sunday night, my skin looks really good. (and kinda stubly).

So ill use clearasil sensitive shaving gel after i shower, and the next morning my skin usually looks really clear.

Do you find that shaving (or not shaving) makes your skin better or worse?

when i used to have severe acne pre-tane, shaving with a blade was impossible and depressing because it would cut all the whiteheads etc...now my skin is clear its good

i use cleanser, then shaving cream, then blade, then moisturiser. skin looks really good after (relatively anyway)

when i shave it enhances my red marks dunno why

I have the same thing. I think it may be because your shaver is iritating your skin, or.... the hair you shave off was covering the red marks a bit? Women have it easy :doubt:

lol im gonna get my head chewed off for that.

yeah it makes my red marks more prominent i agree. and i get shaving rash bad on my neck which looks like acne anyway...

i only shave when my skin is looking good lol. im waiting for some of these red marks to go away before i shave again.

Shaving is a complete pain the in the ass because I have very sensitive skin, tbh I usually shave every 4 days so always end up growing stubble ... but this can mask some of my acne pretty well ... only problem is that I have to shave at some point because I dont want a beard, but I'm always wary when shaving. So for me it definately makes my skin worse, not my acne but my skin.

I also hate shaving because I'm afraid that I will break out on my upper lip. I think a warming up the razor with warm water before each stroke helps. A dull blade can cause more irritation so I change blades after a while. I probably will purchase a good electric razor cause I heard its less irritating.

Shaving should not cause any new acne or irritate the old. Just be careful, use a sharp blade, use Neutrogena or clearisil shave lotion, make sure the blade is clean (I dip it in alchohol first) then shave. Wash afterward and finish with some sort of lotion or non-clogging moiturizer.

if i dont shave for about two days, my skin will be in its best and healthiest condition, but if i wait too long to shave, i would start breaking out in certain spots. so i have to try and balance it.

I hate shaving but its something u gotta do, I never use a blade cause I find its just too much for my skin and as someone else already said its a nightmare if uve got whiteheads where you wanna shave :/. I just use the sideburn trimmer thing on my electric razor. Its seems to be way less irrating and quicker.

Ever since I started using an electric razor years ago my skin in that area has always been relatively clear. The hairs seem to destroy any spots starting there or maybe theres just less oil production. I wouldnt advise using a razor blade.

i shave every day. if i don't i think my skin looks worse for some reason. i use edge shave gel for sensitive skin (with aloe) and a gillette fusion razor then moisturize with cetaphil.

I shave every other day with a braun activator. Its very good and shaving is no longer a chore that it used to be with razor blades. I used to get cuts and nicks and threat about what foams to use but now all I do is glide the electric razor over my face. Also used to get ingrowing hairs and stuff and not had them since ditching the razor.

i shaved today :). i just wet my face and use a razor. i also use aveeno shaving gel and use hot water to wash my blade off. then after i shave i put hot water on a towel and leave it on my face for a few min. then i use shaving balm.

i shave using a mach 3 or something and after i shave my skin looks amazing. it makes the scars looks so smooth and the texture look way better.

as a result, i shave twice daily: once in the morning when i'm going out to do stuff and once before i go out to dinner or to bars/clubs/etc.

i wish my skin would stay as good as it is post shaving all day.

Shaved 2 days ago with Elec shaver.Had two new zits sprout up overnight and 2 above lip.Direct result from shaving....i need to know a way to try and prevent breakouts

Shaved 2 days ago with Elec shaver.Had two new zits sprout up overnight and 2 above lip.Direct result from shaving....i need to know a way to try and prevent breakouts

maybe electric shave gel would help?

maybe electric shave gel would help?

Supposdely it takes a while for your skin to adjust to an electric shaver, that probably why you broke out.

Shaving definaly irritates my skin. So I try not to shave. I usually just trim it with small trimming scissors.

Guest dingybobstuart

i use a mach 3 turbo

Im currently using a Gilette Mach3 power and i only discovered yesterday when changing the blades that the lil orange strip contains vitamin E and aloe vera.

Whether its enough to make a difference, im not sure... but it probly helps :dance:

I shave about every 2-3 days. Everyday shaving leaves my skin a bit too tight. If I wait 3 or more days to shave then I get small little breakouts along my jaw. They are usually only pin head sized and go away a day after shaving. Shaving every third day seems to be the magic number. Also, I use a dual-edge safety razor. It makes a HUGE difference from the normal razors.