Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty

Second week on the regimen and i'm breaking out :(

I originally posted this on one of the other forums but think its more appropriate placed here. anyway as the topic says 8-[ got 3 whiteheads on my left jaw, 1 on the left of my chin(got popped #-o ) and a whitehead on the top right of my forehead sad.gif Any tips on resisting the urge to pop/touch them and to stop brushing my skin with my hands ](*,) I was thinking frequent masturbation might keep my hands busy but only for so long and could get tiresome, any other suggestions? =p

I broke out a few days ago.. they are reaching a 'peak' which would put Sir Edmund Hillary's exploration accomplishments to shame. Haven't noticed anything else popping up but yeh even those whiteheads are pretty devestating for me. My skin texture is looking about 60% better than before i started the regimen. biggrin.gif/

Once the whiteheads go I hope nothing else springs up, as they so often do like jack in the box. Anyway wish me luck.. and plz provide some suggestions/ideas as to how i can go about my life without worrying about the appearance of my skin as it's all I can think about at times.

hmm, first thing i'd say is cutting down on the masturbation would help more than hurt. If your acne's hormonal like mine, then i'd keep it to once a week or so. I've seen improvement in my big whiteheads like yours since then, and i'm not sure if it's coinsidence or not.

I hope you're kidding about the masturbation... :-k

To keep your mind off your skin - read a book, draw a picture, take a walk...and realize there's more to life than skin (that sounded far too much like a commerical). If you're on the regimen then you're on your way to clearer skin (you even said you're 60% there!) and just that thought alone is pretty promising.

Also, the fact that you're acknowledging your anxiety over your skin should be enough to say you shouldn't worry about it, am I right? You're a person - not just a face. DON'T pick, either.

oh ffs

MASTURBATE ALL U FRIGGIN LIKE!!

it does not affect acne full stop.

The regemin personally didnt work for me, but give it about 2 months of continued use before u will see a gud improvement.

for the first few weeks ure skin will still be in its normal cycle.

And by saying "I hope you're kidding about the masturbation", I meant...is the guy really spending THAT much time wankin' it..?

I don't know, hormonal surges (that occurr during masturbation) could bring on a breakout, couldn't they?

lol fugazi that wasnt even directed at u

but dont get me started on "hormonal surges" there have been about a million of the same post / debates in the past & overall it doens not affec your acne.

and even if it did, wud u really give up sex/masturbation just for the sake of 1 or 2 spots!?!

*whoosh* haha gee sarcasm just flies over some people hey(lighten up a bit ppl!), anyway thanks for the support. I must say I was aware that during week two it's common to breakout I just needed a place to vent my frustration =p The regimen is working great, dan is a king among men for sharing this treatment with us. Iv'e had mild to moderate acne at times which has been quite persistant since I was about 16 i'm 18 now iv'e had periods where it's been clear but my constant touching/rubbing couldn't have helped it any.

Into week 2 on the regimen(which i plan to continue), that blasted bp is very expensive though and doesn't last long at all :X There isn't much active acne and I don't have any visable scarring maybe a few red marks nothing to really worry about(but i do sad.gif ) It must be said that the treatment is fantastic, thanks dan!

hmm, first thing i'd say is cutting down on the masturbation would help more than hurt.  If your acne's hormonal like mine, then i'd keep it to once a week or so.  I've seen improvement in my big whiteheads like yours since then, and i'm not sure if it's coinsidence or not.

Ok, there's no need to SCREAM at people.

IN GENERAL, I meant masturbation isn't going to do anything unless YOU yourself feel sensitive to it. And common sense would be not to spend your time masturbating as a last resort to full-fledged entertainment. I meant there are *other* things to do than jerk-off all the time. It's common sense - I'm not saying don't do it or it's bad for you. ut who's going to sit there for 12 hours straight and wank?

This is my 2nd week too. The clarity of my skin tone looks great so far, but I've had an outbreak of little, annoying itchy whiteheads on my chin. I'm trying to be patient...I can tell my skin is improving.