Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Is there such a thing as permanent red marks? Some of my red marks seem to not be fading at ALL. And I've had them for MONTHS. I read somewhere that when you pop pimples, which i used to do A LOT, that the red marks left behind can sometimes be permanent and are scars and will never fade? Please someone tell me that's not true.

Posted

I feel the same way...I hope it's not true. I've had red marks for over a year and a half that still haven't gone away. :cry:

Posted

I just thought about it and there are also some red marks on my face from pimples that I have not popped and they are still here after months. One mark I had on my forhead took over a year and a half to fade at all. It's now finally gone, but it's been almost 2 years I believe. I feel like there's something wrong with our bodies that's causing these red marks to take so long to fade. Because people with clear skin who get zits every now and then, their zits leave red marks that fade in less than a week, like my sister, even though they are pustules too.

Posted

"people with clear skin who get zits every now and then, their zits leave red marks that fade in less than a week"...

This is so TRUE lol.

I believe there must be something to do INSIDE....I mean your sister's immune system to cure/fade redmarks is way STRONGER than yours.

Posted

"people with clear skin who get zits every now and then, their zits leave red marks that fade in less than a week"...

This is so TRUE lol.

I believe there must be something to do INSIDE....I mean your sister's immune system to cure/fade redmarks is way STRONGER than yours.

Yes, definatly. Once she got a tiny zit and she tried putting some pimple cream on it and had an allergric reaction to it, i'm guessing. She broke out in like 5-10 pretty big pimples in that area. Well EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was GONE in 2 or 3 days. And a few left red marks that COMPLETELY faded in the following 2 days. So she had completley clear skin again in less than a week.

Had that happened to me, I"d still be stuck with the red marks right now, months later.

Posted

That happens to my sister as well.

She doesn't use any cleaser, doesn't put make up, and never treated her pimples.

She broke out last few days, but her pimples healed so fast (2 days) and redmarks faded incredibly fast (2 days).

She did not take any vitamins. And, we eat the same thing every dinner.

Why is her immune system for acnes and redmarks STRONGER than mine???

Posted

Ha, yeah, I know what you mean. To be honest, my sister doesn't even wash her face some days. And if she does it's just a splash of water. She never wears foundation, she has nothing to cover. And we eat the same things. And she even sleeps on her face. It sucks. I wish I had skin like hers. She's so fortunate. And is taking it for granted by not washing it properly, ect.

Posted

I'm worried about trying that. lol It sounds like it could irritate the skin.

Posted

No... not irritating at all.

I have tried it for 3 days...

I feel great...

The new pimples on my forehead just getting smaller... (ya, redmarks afterward).

I am gonna continue trying it and see whether my redmarks are fading??

*I feel like 'high fever' after soaking my head into hot water.

Posted

My redmarks fade pretty fast also i guess. I BROKE OUT HORRIBLE THIS SUMMER. Construction caused it my face looked horrible. But if you seen pictures from then to now which is about 2-3 months. You can tell my face is healing up nicely. But i do have a few that are taking longer. Some of the Cyst were the size of my danm pinky/index nail on my forehead. !

Posted

My redmarks fade pretty fast also i guess. I BROKE OUT HORRIBLE THIS SUMMER. Construction caused it my face looked horrible. But if you seen pictures from then to now which is about 2-3 months. You can tell my face is healing up nicely. But i do have a few that are taking longer. Some of the Cyst were the size of my danm pinky/index nail on my forehead. !

"My redmarks fade pretty fast"

Why did you do?

Posted

Why did you do?

Well i got back on Doxy to clear the acne up. Put aloe vera on my face befor i went to sleep. Washed my face with Dove/Tone soap's and also used Olay face wash/Moisturizer. Other then that i really dint do much. My skin has been about this bad befor on my forehead. When i was in like 8th grade or something and they healed up nicely i had no indication of any redmarks etc. Then i got stupid this summer worked in the heat with clogged pores and caused bad cyst's. Those alone took a good month to get rid of. The redmarks that take longest for me are the Ones that are on the side of my face horizontal from the eyes were your sideburns are. I also think people who always have bad acne or even moderate( few a week etc), Are the major ones who feel the redmarks never fully go away because if your constantly getting the Acne, your face can never properly heal. So its like you get rid of some, Then you get more and it sucks.

Posted

Why did you do?

Well i got back on Doxy to clear the acne up. Put aloe vera on my face befor i went to sleep. Washed my face with Dove/Tone soap's and also used Olay face wash/Moisturizer. Other then that i really dint do much. My skin has been about this bad befor on my forehead. When i was in like 8th grade or something and they healed up nicely i had no indication of any redmarks etc. Then i got stupid this summer worked in the heat with clogged pores and caused bad cyst's. Those alone took a good month to get rid of. The redmarks that take longest for me are the Ones that are on the side of my face horizontal from the eyes were your sideburns are.

I do almost the same things too. Why my redmarks are not fading??

Posted

Why did you do?

Well i got back on Doxy to clear the acne up. Put aloe vera on my face befor i went to sleep. Washed my face with Dove/Tone soap's and also used Olay face wash/Moisturizer. Other then that i really dint do much. My skin has been about this bad befor on my forehead. When i was in like 8th grade or something and they healed up nicely i had no indication of any redmarks etc. Then i got stupid this summer worked in the heat with clogged pores and caused bad cyst's. Those alone took a good month to get rid of. The redmarks that take longest for me are the Ones that are on the side of my face horizontal from the eyes were your sideburns are.

I do almost the same things too. Why my redmarks are not fading??

I dunno my friend it takes time. Diffrent people with diffrent healing time's im only 17 years old. Like i editied above. If your always getting new Acne its like hell and a never ending loop. Ive always healed very fast.

Posted

Oh, I envy you ChrisX.

Posted

Oh, I envy you ChrisX.

Do you work out, I notice keeping in shape is another good thing that can help healing time, I have a 6 day training weight training program im on. Eat pretty decent but snack every so often. Diet and Shape can also help.

Posted

it easily can take more than a few months. mine took a little over a year (just in time for college)

Posted

Oh, I envy you ChrisX.

Do you work out, I notice keeping in shape is another good thing that can help healing time, I have a 6 day training weight training program im on. Eat pretty decent but snack every so often. Diet and Shape can also help.

Yes. At least 4 times a week.

Still, redmarks fade so slow....take months.

Posted

Is there such a thing as permanent red marks? Some of my red marks seem to not be fading at ALL. And I've had them for MONTHS. I read somewhere that when you pop pimples, which i used to do A LOT, that the red marks left behind can sometimes be permanent and are scars and will never fade? Please someone tell me that's not true.

Yes!!!

I mean if I eat wrong stuff...like too much fried stuff..

Or not sleep enough...I will get pimple..

But some other people do the same thing or worse than me...their skin are always clear and better than me, I purposly take care of my skin and I dont think they take care of their skin as careful as me.

:( I think it's about our DNA or hormones or some other thing inside our body

But I dont think there's such thing of "permanet red mark"

It just takes long long time to recover....Try some blemish healing mask

I just got one of Zia...And I left it on overnight on a new pimple near my ear...( weird spot to grow pimple...I dont have any on my face though..some red marks only)

and then today it's gone~

I think it's good for red marks....and Zia's stuffs are natural ( well their website said it's all natural and I read the ingredients..the masks contains stuff like tree tea oil etc)