Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acne_hater

Just finished my first 30% GA peel

I mainly have left over brown spots from acne. Maybe one or two active pimples.. almost nothing, but these damn brown marks wont go away ! ! Its been about two months on mino and finally my acne is under control so now its time to hit the skin tone. i ordered my glycolic kit from makeup artist choice.. http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/30nonbuffered.htm

So i just finished my first peel and did my face in sections (forehead, left cheek, etc) and i left it on for 5 min exactly. At first i felt the tingling sensation but after that it didnt itch or burn.. weird ?? so anywho i left it on 5 min threw a gallon of cold water on it and pat dry and rebalanced with ph prep solution. i know it take a good 4 peels to see any difference but should i have felt it burn or itch.. i felt it tingle when i first put it on.. but my face never got red.. so i just left it on 5 min and then washed off. ill post back each week (or day hehe) with my results.

well my skin didnt peel.. but it looks better i think. I havent broken out and tonight i will be doing my second peel. Overall my skin looks cleaner. ill let you all know how it goes

well my skin didnt peel.. but it looks better i think. I havent broken out and tonight i will be doing my second peel. Overall my skin looks cleaner. ill let you all know how it goes

Weird, why some people did not have skin peeling after GA treatment, but some have?

Good Luck, 'Acne_hater' .

I don't think your skin is supposed to peel or atleast mine never did. I did extend the times once which I def. would advise against. I layered it and left it on for either five or eight min. can't remember and I had little tiny scabs everywhere.

I have done two 35 % GA Peels. Just did the second one today. It is my understanding that you should wait 2 weeks before doing another peel. But I would think 10 days might be okay, provided you don't have sensitive skin.

I had slight tingling and itching and left it on for 12 mins as per the directions.

My skin did not peel the first time I used it. Everyone is different, but you don't need to peel for it be effective. In fact I don't really think you're suppose to visibly peel with a GA peel, unless it's over 35%.

My skin is very slightly pink and feels a little irritated under my nose, where I glommed on too much.

Good Luck to you.

Peach Pie

But, how can you all see improvement if your skin did not peel?

you dont have to physically see peeling in order for it to be effective.. this isnt a tca peel or anything. Well i have a small breakout :( i got about 3 small ones on right side and one on left side :( inital breakout with GA is expected, but still it sucks. i hope these dont leave more brown marks. hopefully a couple more peels and ill see some noticeable improvement.. oh yea peachpie good luck

wow... today after the gym i showered (of course) then as usual i went to go inspect my face.. and im PEELING ! ! ! ! ! i was like woa... YES! lol is this a good sign?? im not peeling real bad, but all my spots have flakes on them. bye bye spots.. well in bout 4 more sessions.. lol

well i have gotten one or two new pimples but overall my skin looks way cleaner.. not as blotchy. i mean my brown marks havnent faded completely, but i see them fading. i can see a diff with just two peels.. just 4 more .. WOOOO

Peels are the truth. Wait till you get to 70%, that's the shit.

how many peels should i wait before bumping it up to 40% or 50%.. damn these peels are great ! i find though that lately i dont wash my face with anything. just take a shower and thats it. my face isnt that oily or that bad. before i would have a whole kit, but now i just dont use anything. weird

Well, I do my peels at the derm's. I started years ago. I think my first one was 30%. Then, I slowly got to 70% and I been sticking with them since. They usually are able to tell you when your face is ready for a higher percentage. Yeah, peels are the best treatment, in my opinion.

wow... today after the gym i showered (of course) then as usual i went to go inspect my face.. and im PEELING ! ! ! ! ! i was like woa... YES! lol is this a good sign?? im not peeling real bad, but all my spots have flakes on them. bye bye spots.. well in bout 4 more sessions.. lol

So happy to hear you said this...."bye bye spots"!!

I am gonna say this too to my redmarks hopefully soon.

Well, I do my peels at the derm's. I started years ago. I think my first one was 30%. Then, I slowly got to 70% and I been sticking with them since. They usually are able to tell you when your face is ready for a higher percentage. Yeah, peels are the best treatment, in my opinion.

70%, wow!

How long did you leave the GA on? 10 mins?

You must have a very clear skin!

i mean there not gone but i see them fading. so i have hope.. good luck man. Your not even supposed to see results till the 3rd one.. so i should be in for a treat, hopefully i dont break out anymore

So happy to hear you said this...."bye bye spots"!!

I am gonna say this too to my redmarks hopefully soon.

70%, wow!

How long did you leave the GA on? 10 mins?

You must have a very clear skin!

Not clear, I have my hicups, here and there. Hence, why I'm a member of this board. But yeah, it's close to clear, just a couple of icepicks and red marks im working on removing. The peels will take care of that, in due time.

well i have done three peels... skin looks good.. breakouts stopped.. but i have one active. bout it Skin is flaking but spots havent lightened that much.. ill update in a few days, but overall skin looks better since starting GA peels