Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First I want to say, I've been doing the regimen for 1 week with great results so far (Purpose cleanser, Proactiv bp, and Cetaphil moisterizer). Having said that, has anyone noticed the drugstore shelves lately, and the over-abundance of "cleansing cloths"? Every major skincare line seems to have them now... Ponds, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean 'n Clear, Dove, Olay, to name the ones I remember. If every dermatologist says we need to be gentle with our skin and not use a washcloth, then why the heck are skincare companies selling textured cloths? Is the skincare industry as corrupt as the diet industry? It's so disheartening.

They're creating a consumer need for "quick cleaning"--women, especially, like the idea of just swiping a cloth over their face and removing all their makeup, exfoliating, moisturizing, etc in one step. The reality is you can't do all that at once. Before they came out with these, people didn't "need" these--now i hear women say "I can't survive without my XX (new product of the month)." sticking to a simple, gentle routine is best, but it takes more time than swiping with a scratchy cloth. LOL.

..and they make a larger profit on them. A bottle of cleanser will often last for months. A package of cleansing cloths will last 2 weeks (usually 30 cloths - assume you wash your face twice a day) at a higher price.