Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NNamedBoy

How acne changes everything

Hi, im from portugal and i started having light acne when i was 15, that time i was a beautiful boy and i had alot of girls liking me. At around 16 my acne increased alot and it was getting worse everyday... In a few months i had severe acne on my face, and along with it,i started to suffer psycological changes: i couldnt look people in the eyes, i was afraid of mirrors,i walked with my head down on the streets,i cried alone, some people said to me that i looked like a monster (this is true, and one of them was my ex-bestfriend), acnemonster they said.Even people in my family would just say "damn! ".Life was a living hell and i started to see the guy i was before as another person. Fortunately roaccutane changed this and it worked quite well on me, in one month of accutane i changed from really severe acne to moderate.Even thought i kept walking in the street with my head down and kept not looking people in the eyes... Summer came and i had to stop roaccutane (only did it for 1month 1/2, and because my doctor was so desperate). Now im doing roaccutane again (for 40 days) and my face looks clean (althought i have huge scars in my cheeks),but at least i feel i can face the world again...

I posted my case here because i never talked about it to anyone and i want people to understand that acne is not about vanity, but about self esteem and well being... pardon me my english O:) and good luck to all the people that are suffering from this problem.

That is great! i hope everything works out for you,just stop being so obsessed about it and it will go away.If you managed to stop the brakeouts eveything else is controllable.

i hope u'll be fine..

it happened to me too. i didn't get severe acne, but enough to have ppl make fun of me..

now during social gatherings , usually don't go, or just try not to go..

sigh acne sucks

What a great post and I am so glad things have improved for you. You are so right when you say it affects your self-esteem...it literally destroys it.

Great to hear everything is working out. Now only if my BLEMISHES go away... [-o<

Ah, indeed. When will the redness on my cheeks finally fade? Also, when will my old, wrinkled, damaged skin on my chest and back finally return to normal?

Great to hear everything is working out. Now only if my BLEMISHES go away... [-o<

Ah, indeed. When will the redness on my cheeks finally fade? Also, when will my old, wrinkled, damaged skin on my chest and back finally return to normal?

i remember when i was 13... face smooth as a baby's bottom... i was a really fun outgoing adolesent without a care in the world. I even dated so many girls when i was that age... till i was about 15... sophomore in highschool... that's when the acne started to come and come... it wasn't too too bad till senior year in highschool... OMG... i was on the verge of ending my life cuz i was to the point where i have given up... but i couldn't leave this earth the pussy man's way, jus had to fight though it. Nothing works.... tretracyclin... differen gel... accutane... proactive... and even crazy chinese herbal medicine... NOTHING... my skin is stubborn with me... i hate it so much... my confidence level dropped and i hated myself so much... but i can't let acne take over my life... if i had clear skin... sheeshhh... i'd be a model... i look at my facial structure and i have it except for... my F*UCKIN acne!!! =( i think the almighty creator of this earth made it this way for me... because if i did have clear skin, i'd be like all those other arrogent assh*les out there... i guess it's just a downfall to make me realize that we're all the same. But i do hate it... i do have a girlfriend though... i have no idea how she can look past all the acne that i once had and still be actractive to me... still clueless on that note... i guess it's just my facial features that she likes... but still, my acne is ewww... one thing i hate most is looking for a job... =( it's not the i'm lazy (i'm far from lazy) it's that my acne is holding me back... i hate it so much when i can't get a job because i wasn't fit for it... DAMN!!! i'm smart and intelligent, so how can i not have the job?!?!?! it's bcuz of my acne... been told so many times that i'll get a call back... never have i once... i know that i'm smart and a very friendly person... but it's acne... everyone hates it... but ME most of all... it destroyed everything in my life... if i had clear skin, i wouldn't be here... and i don't know if i'll ever have clear skin... it's jus a fantasy that i daydream about... my life would be totally different...

try accutane again. Go on it for longer, and a higher dose. Tell you derm how it is effecting you. Never, ever give up. people don't realize how much life they have left.

Thx alot all of you guys! Im on roaccutane for near 3 months and i can say my face has improved alot! yes still have scars... yes still isnt perfect but someday i just have to deal with it #-o ! iwish look i know the case of a girl with incredible acne (even worse than mine 8-[ !, she has so big acne that her face almost looks like it was burned) and she works in a public store with hundreds of customers per day; and she looks people in the eyes and talk to them (although people look at her in a way that i know very well sad.gif ). But she is so brave and she could get a job, so dont worry if she can do it, you can do it! You only have one life and you must live it , your look doesnt matter that much, what matters is how you feel about yourself! good luck to you (from a person that feeled and feels like you do)