Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone! Let's get back again theory that B5 coenzyme-A reduce oilness skin. Coenzyme-A is made of ATP (energy), cysteine, and pantothenic acid. Of these 3, pantothenic acid is the only one which is a vitamin and must be supplied through the diet. The other 2 are produced by the body. So if you supplement with pantothenic acid you create more Coenzyme-A in your body and your fats get metabolized. A lack of Coenzyme-A in the body means that fats don't get broken down. Instead, they get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands and get secreted as sebum (oil). Oil is a fat in liquid form. You get acne because the acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acne) in your pores feeds on this excess oil. But if you had no oil or very little oil in your pores, you would have no acne or very little acne.

My point is why not to take Coenzyme-A supplement beside B5 with side effects??! I am now waiting finish my demodex program regime than gonno move diffrent program that suggest my doctors. So it is just interesthing Let's say if we take 10 gr B5 how much Coenzyme-A our body makes? So why not to take Co-A beside b5?

I am interest in this supplement:

IPB Image

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1

Servings Per Container 90 Capsules

Amount Per

Serving

% Daily

Value

PROPRIETARY FORMULA 0

COENZYME A MODULATOR MATRIX I 1000 Mg

Pantethine 0

Calcium Pyruvate 0

MAGNESIUM MALATE 100 Mg

Acetyl L-Carnitine (HCL) 0

L-Cysteine (HCL MONOHYDRATE) 0

Pantothenic Acid (B-5) 80 Mg

Calcium 41 Mg

So what do you think about?

Guest lugubrious

this is very interesting!

keep us posted

RE:

Hello everyone! Let's get back again theory that B5 coenzyme-A reduce oilness skin. Coenzyme-A is made of ATP (energy), cysteine, and pantothenic acid. Of these 3, pantothenic acid is the only one which is a vitamin and must be supplied through the diet. The other 2 are produced by the body. So if you supplement with pantothenic acid you create more Coenzyme-A in your body and your fats get metabolized. A lack of Coenzyme-A in the body means that fats don't get broken down. Instead, they get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands and get secreted as sebum (oil). Oil is a fat in liquid form. You get acne because the acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acne) in your pores feeds on this excess oil. But if you had no oil or very little oil in your pores, you would have no acne or very little acne.

My point is why not to take Coenzyme-A supplement beside B5 with side effects??! I am now waiting finish my demodex program regime than gonno move diffrent program that suggest my doctors. So it is just interesthing Let's say if we take 10 gr B5 how much Coenzyme-A our body makes? So why not to take Co-A beside b5?

I am interest in this supplement:

IPB Image

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1

Servings Per Container 90 Capsules

Amount Per

Serving

% Daily

Value

PROPRIETARY FORMULA 0

COENZYME A MODULATOR MATRIX I 1000 Mg

Pantethine 0

Calcium Pyruvate 0

MAGNESIUM MALATE 100 Mg

Acetyl L-Carnitine (HCL) 0

L-Cysteine (HCL MONOHYDRATE) 0

Pantothenic Acid (B-5) 80 Mg

Calcium 41 Mg

So what do you think about?

my skin atm without acne only small zits on check and abit oily skin (but not anymore oily like 2-3 month ago Damn those days) So I am trying to fix my oilness reduce to minimum and fix zits.

By with theory Coenzyma-A it need to reduced oilness.. let's say a day CO-A Matirx I 3000 Mg should be fine to replace 20gr b5 a day.

I know it is expencive but it is worth to try and find another cure for damn ACNE!! DIE!! :)

Take pantethine, 900mg or more, to boost your coenzyme A levels as pantothenic acid requires conversion into pantethine anyway. If your acne does not improve, then you know the CoA theory is invalid, at least for you. BTW, Jarrow sells the clinically tested Pantestin form, available from iherb and vitacost among others.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually. Anything to get results, man. But you know what I would suggest - that if you start taking it you also STOP taking the other supplements. Vitamins, herbs, etc, all can be very helpful, but it is possible to take some that interfere with each other or just confuse the hell out of your liver (which does, after all, have to work to break down all of these things.)

I am enjoying having perfect skin while it lasts. I am nervous that it might be the calm before storm though. I am going to keep doing what I'm doing, but if my acne comes back I am going to start the 10 grams of B5/day regimen.

And if that fails, I might actually consider taking Accutane. but I don't think it will come to that.... I am seriously afraid something might just click and I'd end up getting depressed or whatever...

I definitely feel much more research needs to be done in this area. I have taken B5 in the past. It worked fantastically. The beginning of this summer I decided I should try and get off B5 so I changed my supplement plan to fish oil and pantethine. Many people who had begun a high fish oil intake at the same time I did, began reporting an increase in oil even though it was supposed to help reduce oil. After almost two months of 10g fish oil 1g pantethine daily, I drew the conclusion that nothing was happening (skin wise. physically I felt great) I now think that if I were to cut out such a high fish oil intake and just do the 1g pantethine for a full three months I might see B5 like results, but I can't be sure of this because I never followed through that far.

Honestly, it does not make sense to me why taking pantethine or straight CoA would not work just as well as B5, but from what weve seen so far (even though not much testing/research has been done) it doesn't. I'd love however for someone to do this for 3 months and experience the same effects as B5. That would simply make my day. I would certainly do it but I'm currently back on B5 and my financial situation at the moment sucks (yea I'm in college). Please keep me updated, and I encourage everyone to do further research on the subject.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is it is not an raised level of CoA that is stopping the oil, but a deficiency in biotin due to such a high intake of a single B vitamin. This has been theorized before quite a few times.