Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mustangsally

WHAT SA PRODUCTS FOR THE ACNE CURE BOOK

Hey everyone, I would like to know which SA prodcuts that you use are the best for the acne cure book regimine. I am on week 8/9 and I was using Neutrogena 2% SA oil-free wash and I think I'm just getting sick of it and I was wondering which products you use that you think work better.

Thanks!

I use the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. The creamy one in the tube. I really like it.

I've heard lots of good things about the Clean and Clear 2% SA (Continuous Control?). You may want to give it a try.

I use Paula's Choice liquid version. (about $14.00 for 4 oz.) I like the liquid because it's more like a toner...and seems to be much more effective than Stridex cream that I was using.

I'm sick of it because I'm not so fond of the smell and I seriously think there is probably a better SA product wash that is better. I ran out, and now I'm using just the CVS brand. When that runs out, I think I'll try something else.

Thanks for the replies wink.gif

I have used all sorts of SA products. The best one i have found is clearisil 2% acne fighthing WIPES. This comes in the little tissue dispenser type blue bag. The pads that come in a cylindrical container are too much more iritating on my skin for some reason... I think the texture is too harsh. I am not a fan of the SA soaps because i dont think it is neccessary to use the SA 2x a day, let alone 1x a day. I have found that every other day is best at first and that you can increase to 1x a day if you feel the need to.

i take that back, for the last couple days i started using those wipes morning and night and my acne has gotten much worse. I think its because theyre are all sorts of crap in the wipes including alcohols and others that probally dont help your skin any. i originally said only to use ever couple of days but for my skin wasnt getting iritated at all so i upped the dosage. anyway, if its not good for your skin when used 2x a day, i doubt it helps that much using it every couple days, i'm not using SA anymore.