Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Would You Guys Do Another Course Of Accutane

In a second I would do another one!

I'm not finnished my first, but if/when my acne happens to come back, I will be on accutane again in a flash!

I believe in accutane to help clear, and for a very long time. I also don't think the side effects are bad at all and are very manageable.

haven't finished my first course yet but would definately do a second in a heart beat because I hear that the chances of long term remission significantly improve with a second course if you haven't been cleared by the first!

Have been on it for almost 6 months, almost done. Has given me my face and self-confidence back, at the expense of dry lips. Would go on it again in a second. Every blood test I've had has come back completely normal. I have been able to basically do whatever the hell I want for the past 6 months, including eating like a goddam pig (which I don't recommend) and NOT putting loads of shit on my face everyday and I don't break out.

I want to choke the people who start cursing accutane for clearing but not curing them. What other oral remedy out there even offers the chance of being cured and almost guarantees that you will be clear either by the end of your course or shortly after? Jesus, be happy, this drug wasn't even on the market 30 years ago! Think about having severe acne back then. /rant

Not right away, no. I am happy with the results I've seen thus far, and I am almost done with my course. If I break out after my course, then I will go with topicals. If I get really bad cystic acne again, maybe a year or so down the road, I may consider it. Otherwise, I do not want to go through the side-effect routine again.

For those people who wouldn't go back on Accutane again, it would be interesting to know how bad their acne was at the beginning. For those with mild acne which was inconvenient rather than debilitating, I can understand why the cons might outweigh the pros. But I suspect that people who suffered from severe acne are much more likely to put up with Accutane's problems again because the alternative is worse...

Yes and no!

Yes--I did clear me at the end and my acne was too damn annoying and shitty and so many nasty little comdones and bumps that made my face look rough as hell, it would takes ages to get rid of those, so accutane was the answer.

No--I was breaking out till the whole damn time, just slow gradual improvement throughout and plus for 5 months I was getting 2-3 ugly cyst per month where I only maybe used to get like 1 one of those every 3-4 months. And because of those cysts, it's the reason I still have some red marks left otherwise I would have no marks at all right now.

For those people who wouldn't go back on Accutane again, it would be interesting to know how bad their acne was at the beginning. For those with mild acne which was inconvenient rather than debilitating, I can understand why the cons might outweigh the pros. But I suspect that people who suffered from severe acne are much more likely to put up with Accutane's problems again because the alternative is worse...

Signed.

I had mild acne.

Signed.

I had mild acne.

what was so bad about your accutane course?

Well Posh you have mild acne now so don't get too down on yourself, you're just obsessive and have some friends (excuse the sarcasm) on here who encourage it.

would never do a second course again.. NEVER!

Dryness and initial breakouts were a bit annoying, but easily tollerable for me.

But I can't take nose bleeds, a constant runny nose, worser depression and mood swings for 5 months...

And the number 1 reason is nearly 4 months off tane my back still aches, I dont wanna make it any worse.

Ohh and im still fatigue and physically lazy at times. A feeling i got while on tane that i've never lost yet. Maybe i have anemia i was just thinking a while ago?

But nearly 4 months off tane, still no pimples, not 1, my red marks FINALLY seemed to have faded some, took about 3 months for them to do anything. But my back still plagues me, of the back aches from accutane.

Yes, 1000 times yes. Why? Because it worked the first time and chances of complete remission increase with second and third courses. Because all the hype is just that: hype. There are risks involved with everything, such as driving to work in the morning, but we do it because that is what life is all about.

P&W

haven't finished my first course yet but would definately do a second in a heart beat because I hear that the chances of long term remission significantly improve with a second course if you haven't been cleared by the first!

ditto. i'll suck it up again.

Hell to the yes.

I handle it pretty damn well. It's the only thing that has been able to control my cystic acne REGARDLESS of my hormones, stress, lack or sleep, etc.

Beyond that, having NORMAL skin as opposed to super oily skin makes me feel like a normal human being, not a dirty slob!

I felt 'normal' when I was on accutane and my skin was actually clear. Now that I have been post accutane for 2 months I don't feel so great. One of the things that really bothers me is my oily skin. I just feel horrible.

Yes I would go on accutane again.