Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nottoobad

100% TCA any links to purchase this stuff?

After going to Dr Rappaports office for the second time and being thoroughly disgusted with his pricing methods, I have decided to purchase TCA and do it myself. No big science to it, just use very little on the tip of a toothpick and let it netralize itself. Had it done once before so I know it stings a little and what to expect. I once saw a couple of links to place to buy 100% TCA on this site but a search has yielded me nothing.

Any help guys, thanks.

what kind of improvement did you have for your first 100% TCA?

you can buy 50% TCA on EBAY. i have bought some, but not sure i want to try to mess with TCA Cross or not.

If you have been keeping up with my posts today - you will see that I have performed the TCA (50%) Cross method on myself last night and this morning - On around 50 pits.

Each pit is now twice as big and black. God, I hope it heals!

Do not attempt 100%, I have already made a big risk using the 50%.

Imbue - I did it on around 50 pits, dotted all over my face.

Did it turn black/dark brown as well for you Imbue?

Maya don't panic until you know the effects, it may turn out OK. biggrin.gif/

How do you know that the pits are bigger now?

I just want to add that I'm still against people doing this to themselves, but I understand when you feel desperate to fix it.

I'm not too worried for now, I know Denise also treated herself and had the same effects.. but still... *sigh, deep breath*

The brown/black looks like when you melt plastic and the edges go black.

I'll give it 10 days before I panic.

Thank god I went on a course this weekend which teaches people how to manage their own stress. It's been most useful for today!

Maya,

Oh dear!!! Anyway, just don't pick!!!!! You will look better in 10 days and then give it about six weeks. Did you ever get a copy of the study? They talked about bleaching cream after healing just in case you get some hyperpigmentation. If you don't have a copy, ask DIM99992 to send you one. She has it online.

Anna

Hi Maya,

I had this happen to one of my scars when an aestician put some acid on it.

When it healed, the scar was much shallower. I didn't keep it moist or anything.

Good Luck, Jane

Maya....all of the scars I treated look much better. (It's just the dag blame red spots that are driving me nuts!) Remember how freaked out I was? I thought that when I accidentally scratched a scab off my face, that a big scar was left. That wasn't true at all.....as it has healed, all the scar I treated have improved greatly, filling in even more. So hang in there......(keep in mind, though, that the Retin A and super serum help a lot....but you have the PD gel, which is great for new wounds!)

Thanks everyone - yeah, I'm just staying calm and getting on with my life - and waiting for a few weeks - I always live in hope anyway.

Anna - I have the full report - I think I will wait a few weeks and I'm never too bothered about hyperpigmentation anyway, in my experience, it will fade over the course of 1-2 years maximim ... whereas, the pits will not go away unless I take some sort of risk.

Denise - I have 3 bottles of PD gel in my fridge! biggrin.gif