Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmabrown

constant struggle dating wise

ive noticed that the guys i like, nothing happens with, and the ones i dont 'like' like that, wanna date and stuff.

and the ones i do like, like that, when i do find out their interested, nothing normally happens, cause i back off and distance myself, and i think i make it awkward, and then they probably think im not interested, cause i get quieter, and less friendly. i was thinking it was probably because im more comfortable around guys im not attracted to, i just find it easier to be myself and i get super nervous when i do like someone. and so when i do like someone, i get awkward. it totally sucks.

is anyone else like this? it makes me feel so hopeless at times :)

i wonder how i can overcome feeling like that.

thats what we all aim for, but ok-i rephrase-some advice i might actually have a hope in hell of achieving?

im not sure ill be 100% with myself till im 100% happy with my skin.

ive noticed that the guys i like, nothing happens with, and the ones i dont 'like' like that, wanna date and stuff.

and the ones i do like, like that, when i do find out their interested, nothing normally happens, cause i back off and distance myself, and i think i make it awkward, and then they probably think im not interested, cause i get quieter, and less friendly. i was thinking it was probably because im more comfortable around guys im not attracted to, i just find it easier to be myself and i get super nervous when i do like someone. and so when i do like someone, i get awkward. it totally sucks.

is anyone else like this? it makes me feel so hopeless at times :)

i wonder how i can overcome feeling like that.

Why do you get nervous?

i dont know...its just an automatic feeling....i think i just see the person in a different light if i know they like me, and the situation then feels complicated, they'll be paying a lot of attention to me and everything i do, and it makes me uneasy, whether i like them or not, but if i do, i do feel really awkward.. i dont know why, i think its just im not good in those type of situations.

i dont know...its just an automatic feeling....i think i just see the person in a different light if i know they like me, and the situation then feels complicated, they'll be paying a lot of attention to me and everything i do, and it makes me uneasy, whether i like them or not, but if i do, i do feel really awkward.. i dont know why, i think its just im not good in those type of situations.

im pretty sure you're thinking about your skin in those situations. hence, your more comfortable with 'ugly' people cause you feel as though they wont be as critical of your imperfections.

plus you dont want to say or do the wrong thing with people you want to be with ;).

Everybody feels like this at some point in life, experience makes it easier. I think you know what you need to do and just want somebody else to say it.

As a child do you remember standing at the top of a high diving board with this exact feeling? But once you jumped you wanted to go again and again untill the pool closed? I'm confident the guy is feeling the exact same way, sooner or later one of you needs to just jump...

Go into school tommorow and tell him how you feel, life's too short for regrets.

Ps. WOW, wasnt that a good analogy with the diving board?!?!

oh yeah, of course, thats why im posting on here, my skin makes me feel very insecure, even when its looking alright, that feeling doesnt leave. so it impacts on all situations im in.

i wasnt saying i felt comfortable with 'ugly' guys by the way. im ok with most people once i get to know them, unless im attracted to them....but if i find out, they like me-it totally changes how i am around them. i feel a lot of pressure and i find it really hard after i know.

Everybody feels like this at some point in life, experience makes it easier. I think you know what you need to do and just want somebody else to say it.

As a child do you remember standing at the top of a high diving board with this exact feeling? But once you jumped you wanted to go again and again untill the pool closed? I'm confident the guy is feeling the exact same way, sooner or later one of you needs to just jump...

Go into school tommorow and tell him how you feel, life's too short for regrets.

Ps. WOW, wasnt that a good analogy with the diving board?!?!

sure its a good analogy, when talking about fears and conquering them, but overall, with this analogy, telling this guy how you feel tomorrow, would be the equivalent to jumping off the diving board into the empty pool. ;)

if you really arent able to tell him how you really feel, just try and ask him out, send out some signals, but dont be too friendly.

re: rob.

yes-it was a good analogy. well done lol.

i see what youre saying. but this has happened more than once, its happened a lot, and it nearly always goes the same way, i just shut them out. i sometimes do feel like its just me, though i know its not really, but i feel like i walk into a brick wall every time, and i always handle it the same..

hang on-THERE IS NO GUY at the moment and i dont go to school. i was just talking reflectively from experience. cause i was thinking about it before, its happened 3 or 4 different times this year so far. the last time was recently, but i havent got a crush on anyone at the moment, but i wanna try and handle it differently next time it happens.

thats what we all aim for, but ok-i rephrase-some advice i might actually have a hope in hell of achieving?

im not sure ill be 100% with myself till im 100% happy with my skin.

Why do people think that? When you're 100% happy with your skin, you'll find something else you don't like. You are more than the sum of your parts.

lol, um i dont think sweaty, well not that i notice anyways, maybe, but nervous and anxious yeah.

xanax?

Guest No Pride

Yeah xanax will work for ya.

BTW you like the ones you cant have because...well...you want what you can't have. Give someone a shot even if they arent EVERYTHING you're looking for on the outside. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And if not, then try someone else. You'll be lonely if you search for perfection or only go for the ones who you cant have.