Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timy

Minocycline... lingering head ache?

I don't know if I'd call it a head ache, but it feels like I'm on the verge of one for most of the day. Also seem to feel pretty drained energy wise... anyone have the same problem?

I had that same problem for the very short time i was on minocycline. All i wanted to do was sleep cause i had so little energy and had a constant head ache. When i complained about it to my doctor he told me it was a very common side effect.

When I first started minocycline it wasn't a big deal, but here the last couple of weeks it's been like hell trying to wake up in the morning. And like I said my head had been feeling like it "wants" to hurt, not really full blown, but its like that almost all the time. I started out on mino taking two pills a day, now I'm down to one a day, and here just the last couple of days I've been doing 1 every other day.

Guest ~Wolfy~

It could well be a drug thing.

I quite often feel a bit spacey for a couple of weeks or so when I go onto it, if I haven't been on it for a while, but it usually fades.

If it gets bad try coming off the drug, it should go away fairly quickly, a few days maybe.

YEA i have the same problem like not everyday but quite often i have a minor headache that is lingering formt he minocycline and i feel really tired im glad there are poeple with the same problem

Well I just swalled my third pill and whew yeah it gets me spacey lol.. this morning in class i was quite surprised by the effect, but so far no headache or anything.. actually kind of a nice feeling during boring classes haha

yup this happened to me, I am still on the same regimen (100 mg twice daily)..the headaches were constnat, i felt tired and had no energy for the first 2 months of prescription, but they went away around the third month now im on month 4 or 5 and i dont have any problems