Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ami24

I'mmm Ready..I'mmm Ready!!!

DAY 31

I'm at my 1 MONTH mark yay !! :dance:

Lets sum it up here, when I started the CSR I had 6-7 large pimples scattered (the kind that hurt) and skin was very oily in some parts and dry in others and redmarks along cheeks, chin, and jawline....NOW skin is smoothing out all over (I think due to VERY gentle washing and jojoba oil 2x a day), flesh-colored bumps are minimal, skin tone is kinda evening out, and when i breakout the zits are very small, not painful and dissapear within a few days ! BP is great. i just hope it doesn't tire out my skin too much. as for the redmarks, they are shrinking a bit (the newer ones). I cant tell much about the older ones :cry: maybe another month and we'll see if anything's happening...

as for today:

-zit by the mouth is shrinking and eyebrow zit got popped accidentally yesterday and has shrunk drastically over night woohoo. got a new tiny tiny one by the upper cheekbone near my right eye. i have got to stop touching near my eyes!! i get so mad at myself lol. also i noticed a little cluster of tiny zits at the bottom of my chin last night when i was washing. there's about 3 of them but they're not very noticeable. i'm not sure what they came from except maybe pulling my blankets up to my chin at night :think:

so the total count:

4 very small zits

1 medium size

DAY 33

My skin feels soooooooo SMOOOOOOTH!!!! I just have to shout about that because i've never had such smooth skin before. at least not since i was like 7 haha. i think what's been working is :

a. vitamins !!

b. jojoba oil

c. plenty of moisturizer-- after i put it on, i look at my face in the mirror and if i see anything at all flaking, even just a tiny flake i go ahead and apply more to that area very gently rubbing it in and hours later i'm still flake free!

something new i've started doing but have no idea if it attributes to smooth skin is

-drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice and honey on an empty stomach in the morning and then waiting 15 mins. before eating. i read in a post in the diet forum that was helpful for skin. it makes me really nauseous though so i have to drink it slow :sick:

active: 2, (1 very small one and the 1 still by my eyebrow which is taking forever !!)

redmarks: many :rolleyes: but a couple are starting to look brown which might be a good sign ??

so good luck to everyone else out there, i love how the Regimen heals my zits so much quicker !

DAY 35

Been seeing some small clear bumps arising mostly on my cheeks (especially left side) and a couple of red bumps on my nose. they are really small, basically you can only see them when the light hits them but i'm a little worried. i hope its just the jojoba oil purging my skin out and that they'll dissapear soon. i do believe the jojoba is helping fade my recent redmarks though which is good news. some are turning brown now :cool:

active: 2

1 of my actives is barely even a head but the area all around it is inflamed so it basically it looks like a dot with a red circle around it. it's kind of painful actually. i've been slathering BP on it but it still looks inflamed. grr :evil: at least its not on my chin or jawline, those are the most painful yuck.

dryness, no longer an issue thanks to jojoba ! love that stuff (i just hope that it doesn't cause more clear bumps if it is even the cause)

was reading on about.com that if you lack getting enough vitamin B3 (also called Niacimin not sure if i spelled that right) it could be the cause of your acne. recommended dosage to fight acne was 200mg 3x a day. i looked at my B-Complex vitamin bottle and it does have B3 in it but only like 25 mg and i take it 2x a day so that's 50 mg when i should be getting 600mg to fight acne ?? seems like a ton. i looked in the grocery store to find B3 by itself but I couldn't. not sure if its even made like that. anywho thought tthat was interesting. if i can find it in pure form i might try that out too.

DAY 37

Arrggghhh!! There are more clear bumps arising on my upper cheeks and temple area and a few under the jawline. I stopped drinking my warm water with lemon juice and honey (i have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not but it was a new variable i'd added so i thought i'd stop). all i can think of is that my skin is so darn sensitive that since i've been using 4-5 drops of jojoba oil instead of just 3, it is making me break out with these clogged pores or whatever you call these little clear bumps. i had such smooth skin from the jojoba and now it's doing this, at least i think it is. anyway i'm going to step it down to 3 drops and see if they go away soon. if anyone has any tips here, please let me know i'm so frustrated :wall:

stupid skin, it's either clear but dry/ oily but healthy/ or clear and hydrated but bumpy. i can't win :evil:

ok ok i'm done my little rant for today. all i can hope for is change in the next couple of days.

at least no new pimples to report! the eybrow one is still shrinking and the bump one is still looking inflamed but at least the inflamed area is a bit smaller.

DAY 41

Whew I've been busy, sorry for not posting guys. with the holidays and working ive felt a little overwhelmed. so the status is the sucker by my eyebrow has finally turned into a redmark and i have teeny one that popped up very close to my eye so i'm trying to avoid putting anything on that one. i still have some scattered little bumps that aren't really visible in most lights luckily but it keeps me from having smooth skin so it's annoying :eh:

i'm not sure if i'm scrubbing too hard, rubbing in the BP and lotion too hard, or it's just the jojoba oil causing it. i'm going to stick with 4 drops of that stuff for a few days and see what happens. jojoba is the only thing that gives me the smooth skin i like. i also still have some dryness since the weather has been getting colder and i dropped down to just 3 drops of jojoba. at least its not horribly flakey, my skin just feels kind of rough.

the one good side is the redness has gone down a bit lately. oh and i actually got my FIRST COMPLIMENT on my skin on friday. one of my co-workers was like "Did you do anything different to your face?" and i was thinking oh no, does it look that bad today? totally expecting the worst you know? and i was like "no not really" and she said "Cause you're glowing. Your skin looks so radiant, it's just glowing." And i said, "oh maybe that's the jojoba oil i've been using" and luckily she knew what that was. so yay! see i love jojoba oil, i just hope its not the cause of those silly bumps. or if it is, that it only happens when i use wayy too much.

Besides switching to 4 drops of jojoba oil again, i'm starting to take Vitamin B-3 aka Niacin. Also, starting tomorrow i have a different multi-vitamin i'll be taking (waiting for the Women's One-A-Day to run out) it's a One-A-Day for Energy and it has 100mg of Chromium in it which i read is important for healing skin. it also has some copper in it which i believe is important for use with zinc.

Here's to smooth, healthy, glowing, clear skin !! :lol:

Aww it's so awesome to recieve compliments on your skin :) It makes you feel awesome.

I can remember like... probably last year, I had just started using this new microdermabrasion stuff. And it was working great. I went to go get lunch from this lovely little cafe that was run by these sweet asian people, and the lady was like 'You have lovely soft smooth skin' and I blushed. It was awesome to recieve the compliment but at the same time I was thinking 'it's probably just the makeup'

Then again, even with makeup my skin doesnt look all that fantastic, so it must have been a really good day.

Oh and the same week, I went to this party and this guy (who was really young and really weird) pretended to slap me And I was thinking Ahh! Don't touch me there, I'll break out! But he looked at me all funny and said "your skin is soo soft!"

So I think because of that week I've never wanted to stop using my microdermabrasion stuff. I just use it once a week and it's just soo lovely, my skin feels like velvet!

I've really wanted to try jojoba oil for ages but the thought of putting oil (any oil apart from tea tree oil) on my face scares me for some reason. Because I'm always avoiding oil like the plague. Oil free cleanser, oil free moisturizer..

So anyway, apart from your skin looking fantastic, what else is going on in your life? Come on, share the gossip!

DAY 43

Yay more replies on my log! I love when other peoples comment, seriously I hate being the blabbermouth haha.

Duchess, you're so right, getting compliments is great. Especially cause i feel like i've worked so hard to get decent skin let alone "glowing" skin haha. just curious, where do you live? you have to tell me more about this microdermabrasion, i'm not even sure what that is. i know what you mean about the oil-fear. i think because jojoba is actually a wax that its a lot safer to use on your skin. and i'm just very very careful not to use more than 3-4 drops.

gossip lets see...i have a lot going on actually. friday night i'm going to a party. a bunch of work peeps are going to be there, my usual crowd haha. sat. night i'm going to my company's holiday xmas ball in D.C.. again with the work peeps and this time about a couple hundred other people from my company. i was going to buy a dress but i'm really broke at the moment so i'm wearing this nice red strapless dress i have. just need to find some shoes and i was looking for a some jewelry and one of my friends offered to make me a necklace and matching earrings (she designs jewelry). hoping to meet some interesting guys at this ball, seriously the guy pool has been lacking as of late...it's not that there hasn't been interested men in me but i dont share the same interest. i'm very picky and i think that's a good thing. ah well...here's to hoping :surprised: what's your weekend plans Duchess?

Phish,

yea i dont use the ACV anymore because it dried my skin out with the combination of DKR. but you can find it in any grocery store near cooking oil etc. or some place like walmart probably has it.

i get all of my vitamins at Walmart or Shoppers. the brand i get is Spring Valley and the multi-vitamin is made by One-A-Day.

i definitely think there's been a difference with taking the vitamins. my blemishes heal faster, my skin has become more firm and full looking (and not just on my face), i've been healthy, and the b-complex, b-3, and multi-vitamin have been giving me sooo much more energy. especially the B-3...warning, don't take this before bed! haha. it'll keep you up all night. i started taking all of these vitamins to heal my older redmarks and so far i see some fading. some of the more red ones are turning brown and the other ones are just looking more faded. i really have to give it a full 3 months to comment on whether they really work to cure redmarks.

status: no new blemishes, still have that bump under my skin near my right eye. it doesn't want to get smaller, form a head or do anything grr...the couple of clogged pores tha i was complaining about vehemently the other day heh heh...have been slowly dissapearing. i had about a dozen+ before and now there's maybe 8.

Here's to clear skin for all *raising my glass of h20* :wub: down with the Acne Devil and all of its demons (blackheads, clogged pores, redmarks etc...) haha :D

Multi Vitamins are awesome. I live in Christchurch (New Zealand) and I have this stuff here http://epiderm.co.nz/pages/products/micro.htm

It's really great stuff.

This weekend I got 3 boxes of alcohol that I ordered around this time last year and have been paying off every week for a whole year so planning to drink some of that and then leave the rest for Christmas / New Years.

There's also a party bus thing happening basically all my friends and I get on this bus and drink and stop off at 5 random bars and then go into town and hit the bars there. Should be fun! (hopefully!)

I'm going to try jojoba oil I think, I would loooove to have really soft velvety skin..

And yeah, it's definitely a good thing to be picky, can't settle for less than best!

Duchess, sounds like you've got quite a weekend, have fun!

DAY 45

I've been trying to be really careful with my skin cos of the holiday ball i'm going to. And i'm soooo pleased to say that as of right now, my face is CLEAR! :clap: all but the exception of the tiniest little whitehead near my chin that's so barely visible i don't bother counting it. Redmarks and uneven skin tone are my worst enemies right now but the longer i keep my skin clear the more hope i have that they'll fade. Any-who just had to make that announcement.

That's all for now, i'm about to be late for work. Keep on truckin' to all else out there on the DKR.

Just wanted to add a quick note here...I just did my morning regimen and I waited a bit longer after washing my face before putting on BP and then i only waited about 6 minutes after putting on BP and applying moisturizer. And what i noticed was both times when applying the BP and then the moisturizer, it went on very smoothly. i had no trouble at all getting either to absorb and oftentimes i will. my skin will start flaking midway through it. i'm going to keep at this and see if it continues to work.

so it's

-wash

-wait 7-9 mins

-apply BP

-wait 6 mins

-apply moisturizer

DAY 47

So I've been doing the regimen just like i described it in the last post and it seems to be working really well. i'm not quite sure how long i wait between washing and applying BP ( i keep forgetting to time it!) but i know it's longer than i was doing which was about 7 minutes. Anyway skin seems much smoother doing this, at any point during the day not just when washing. and i'm soooo gentle when washing and applying the stuff and i think that makes a BIG difference because i have such sensitive skin.

so i went to a party last night and had an ok time. it was at my boss's house again, he loves to throw parties lol. i was really tired so i wasn't as into it i think. plus a lot of my friends left early. i felt so NOT self-conscious about my face though which was such a nice change. it's been healing up so nicely and i still have only have 1 little zit (actually a different one, the other one healed and i got one by my eyebrow again cause i accidentally slept on the side of my face doh! :doh: )

so yea it's great to say only 1 ZIT BABY! the rest is fresh redmarks (about 6) and several other older redmarks. but i'm looking today...in the bright revealing sunlight mind you and they look so much more faded and smaller!! I'm ecstatic because they have hung around soooo long and i've felt so helpless about them and thought nothing would work but i think the DKR combined with my vitamin consumption (to speed up healing) has really been working.

tonight's my holiday ball in Washington, D.C. at this fancy Hilton Towers hotel and my co-workers were talking last night about us all paying for a room and crashing there afterwards. i'm making sure my regimen supplies come with though! i'm going to feel so weird though if people wonder why i keep running to the bathroom to apply everything! ah well, i'm not risking any breakouts :naughty:

hope everyone has a great weekend, if you're on the regimen, keep at it with patience, IT WORKS!!

:wub:

DAY 49

I had such a party weekend woo! So the holiday ball was ehhh ...ok i guess. It sucked getting lost in D.C. for 2 hours though!! Man i hate that stupid city (sorry to anyone who actually lives there but i never fail to get lost). ah well it was an adventure. i was with 3 of my co-workers so it was kinda fun. we ended up in the ghetto at one point, scary haha. at least we finally made it lol. and everyone complimented me highly on my dress. it was a midnight blue that faded into a dark purple at the bottom. it had some sparkly jewels on it and it had spaghetti straps. before we went in to the ball my co-workers stepped outside to smoke and i was sitting by myself on this stone wall in the lobby and i hear someone walking behind me and i turned around and it was my manager. he saw me and was said "Hey good-lookin'" and gave me a big hug. he also complimented me on my dress as well. it was fun to get out and be all dressed up. i felt like such a grown-up haha! i'm 23 but inside i feel like i'm 18 or something. oh so one of my co-workers tried putting some makeup on my face to even out my skin tone and i kept telling her, it'll make me breakout but she insisted on trying it and my skin wouldn't even take it. it just started flaking so i ran to the bathroom and gently washed it off but now 2 days later i'm seeing some flesh-colored bumps in those areas grr... :evil: i hate how sensitive my skin is, its really annoying.

so then there was ANOTHER party at my manager/boss's house (i'll just call him J for short). it was a much smaller shindig than friday night's. i had much more fun this time. i like smaller parties sometimes because you can have better conversation with people which is exactly what happened. and with every party i go to i feel more and more CONFIDENT about my skin because it's been doing so well.

and...flesh colored bumps on the nose, bit on the cheeks, and lower chin ...i think i overdid it with the jojoba oil again cause i switched it into a different bottle and the dispenser lets out more than before so its hard to measure 3 drops. im switching it back to its old bottle even though there's a teeny tiny hole at the bottom doh. good news about these bumps is that they're hard to see unless the light catches them and they heal much quicker than zits :dance:

oh and i got pix developed from the ball and brought them to work today. skin looked fabulous in the pix (of course haha!) and J was looking at them with me and was like "You looked sexy that night." and i was like "Me??..Um cool thanks." haha. its nice to be noticed despite my skin insecurities :wub:

DAY 50

I've got this bump that i thought had turned into a redmark but it's still raised a bit over the skin. i tried icing it tonight after applying BP, i'm hoping it will at least form a head. it's getting on my nerves cause it won't form one nor will it change size at all or go away. i've got some clogged pores still but once again, can't really see them unless up close.

i'm going out of town for a few days, fnally got some vacation from work woohoo! heading to Baltimore MD tomorrow and maybe Pennsylvania in a few days. it got really cold here in VA and my skin has started the little flakes again. trying to use more moisturizer to make up for it. winter sux :cry:

i'm thinking of taking some fish oil pills. i've heard these promote healthy skin and hair with the omega 3s they contain. anybody tried these?

Duchess, what you been up to?

to all, what's an upcoming or currently playing movie you want to see? i really want to see HOLIDAY with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law, and Kate Winslet. that looks really cute.

I loved your post about that ball you went to, you musta looked HOT! :D You have a little thing going on with 'J' ;)

I'm not really up to much, I swapped some shifts around at work so I get to take Tuesday off and spend it with the boy, it's our 2 year anniversary (of being together in general not marriage or anything) so we'll go out for a fancy dinner! So I worked 9 hours today, 9 or 10 tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

Eugh.

I wanna go see that movie Borat (which has only just come out here) It looks kinda funny.

P.S I've noticed something funny, we seem to have very similar skin, like whenever something happens to your face, it's happened to mine that same day! We're just about the same in whats going on, basically clear with red marks and maybe one or two blemishes.. it's weird :P That another reason I like to see whats up with your skin. That and I love the goss :D

Hello

Sory I didn't read all your log, but it seems like CSR works well for you, but how about redmarks?

I'm on CSR too for about 2 months, but I have this strange feeling that it makes my sking look bad, like I don't have active acne, but uneven skin tone and redmarks, which don't seem to fade away at all :(

I'm also using ACV all the time, but it only helpa a little bit. I'm tired with this whole CSR, it takes so much time every day and although it keeps you clear from active acne ruselts are not 100% satysfying cause skin looks bad anyway, at least mine. Moreover you can't do this whole CSR when you sleep at your friend's house or something, you can't go to holidays without having to worry if you'll be able to do CSR every day, twice a day.

That just makes me feel sad :(

And the movie I want to see would be Casino Royal! Yay!

Anyway good luck I hope you're more satisfied with CSR than I am.

There are lots of reasons not to do the DKR: it takes time, you don't get immediate results, your redmarks don't fade immediately, it can bleach clothes and some people's hair, and others. Just like everything, there are plusses and minuses. If the clear skin isn't enough of a plus, you might need to find a regimen that suits you better, or maybe we can help you with some solutions to your minuses.

• "I don't have active acne, but uneven skin tone and redmarks". That's awesome that the DKR has cleared your active acne. That's most of the battle done for you! You could now probably use a moisturizer with AHA, like LacHydrin 5 or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. They both help immensely with skin tone and red marks.
  • "It takes so much time every day". You can save time by drying your face in front of a fan. I find that helps a lot. You could also skip the ACV. If you're using a moisturizer with AHA in it, I don't see the need. But then again, I've never used ACV; I've always been satisfied with an AHA moisturizer.
  • "You can't do this who CSR when you sleep at your friend's house". Why not? I do it all the time. I just tell them that I've got to go put on "my meds". I even put it on in front of them if we're hanging out. It's no biggie.
  • "You can't go on holidays without having to worry if you'll be able to do CSR every day". Sure you can. I just got back from a vacation, and I did the DKR twice a day, every day. I went out, stayed out late, worked out, ran around all day, and still did the DKR twice a day. It's definitely possible.

Hope that helps.

Cam >B)

Hello

Sory I didn't read all your log, but it seems like CSR works well for you, but how about redmarks?

I'm on CSR too for about 2 months, but I have this strange feeling that it makes my sking look bad, like I don't have active acne, but uneven skin tone and redmarks, which don't seem to fade away at all :(

I'm also using ACV all the time, but it only helpa a little bit. I'm tired with this whole CSR, it takes so much time every day and although it keeps you clear from active acne ruselts are not 100% satysfying cause skin looks bad anyway, at least mine. Moreover you can't do this whole CSR when you sleep at your friend's house or something, you can't go to holidays without having to worry if you'll be able to do CSR every day, twice a day.

That just makes me feel sad :(

And the movie I want to see would be Casino Royal! Yay!

Anyway good luck I hope you're more satisfied with CSR than I am.

I loved your post about that ball you went to, you musta looked HOT! :D You have a little thing going on with 'J' ;)

I'm not really up to much, I swapped some shifts around at work so I get to take Tuesday off and spend it with the boy, it's our 2 year anniversary (of being together in general not marriage or anything) so we'll go out for a fancy dinner! So I worked 9 hours today, 9 or 10 tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

Eugh.

I wanna go see that movie Borat (which has only just come out here) It looks kinda funny.

P.S I've noticed something funny, we seem to have very similar skin, like whenever something happens to your face, it's happened to mine that same day! We're just about the same in whats going on, basically clear with red marks and maybe one or two blemishes.. it's weird :P That another reason I like to see whats up with your skin. That and I love the goss :D

Haha yea you guessed it Duchess (not that i'm subtle lol) about J. Unfortunately it's a very complicated thing. Not only is he my boss but there are other issues involving the type of people he prefers to date...meaning it's usually not women...usually haha. But funny how from the things I've told you guys about him and me, maybe he feels the same way...?? Anyways I'm not worrying over that. Yea he's good-looking and fun but I'm looking for much more :naughty:

that's really cool that your skin is like mine, i have a DKR buddy haha! what day are you on? are you having issues with clogged pores and uneven skin tone like i am right now??

Thanks mj and Cam for posting, it's nice to see other people reading ;) Mj, I"m sorry to hear you're having problems. stick with the DKR and if you feel that things aren't going well for you, go back to the beginning, re-read how to do the regimen and oftentimes you'll find that you've strayed somewhere. i'm having some probs too which i'll post below.

Cam, thanks for the words of encouragement, we all need that sometimes. and you're right, u can fit the DKR in if you're willing. i went on vacation to 2 different relatives' houses and i did it. and one house only had 1 bathroom for 6 people!

DAY 54

I hope that's right about the day. I lose track haha. Well i just got back from Baltimore this morning. had a good time visiting my family. i visited my grandparents in Bel-Air MD, they took me out to shrimp night at the american legion they belong to. yummy. then i saw my aunt and cousins (6 of them) and stayed with them for 2 days. i was able to take all of my vitamins and do the DKR 2x a day despite cramped conditions lol.

let's see the first 2 days my skin was doing ok. then yesterday and today i've been noticing more and more clogged pores. and funny thing, i've only been using 2 drops of jojoba oil with my moisturizer so i'm not sure what's going on. i skipped it altogether this morning and just used much more moisturizer but i noticed my face is more red and still a bit extra flaky. i think the jojoba calms my face down from the bp redness. the clogged pores are kind of red too and usually they're more flesh-colored. all i can think of is that it's maybe near time of the month for me?? if that's the case than i should consider myself quite lucky cause i usually get like 2 big pimples at least.

im going back to the start on this one. just going to do the DKR and the jojoba oil with 3 drops. at least it made my skin really soft. i'm really curious as to what causes clogged pores? i know the ones i get near my hairline are from the hair products sometimes. ehh i'm tired of worrying about this. plus redmarks seem to stand out more today prolly from not using the jojoba. im giving serious consideration to using an AHA moisturizer at night. prolly Lac-Hydrin 5 or Neutrogena Healthy skin.

so topic of the day: what's everyone's weekend plans?

my roomate is having a graduation party at our place. supposed to be like 40 people here yikes :rolleyes: i hope i know some people...

hey Ami,

Just popping in to check on your progress.

I see you are thinking about adding in an AHA lotion, personally, I think that is a good idea. My skin thrives on AHA products and I think they are a good addition to the regimen.

Thanks for the encouragement Brandy. Yea I think I'm going to hit up Walmart and just buy whichever AHA lotion you recommended (Lac Hydrin 5 or Neutrogena Healthy Skin) I can find first ! :D

DAY 57

Not much to report. I think I'm currently clear lol. Just some clogged pores (a couple of red ones on the nose area grr...i avoided that area with bp for awhile which is why). so yea clogged pores and the usual redmarks. hopefully the addition of an AHA lotion will help with that and even out my skin tone. which would be niiiiice! oh just did a mirror check and there's the tiniest whitehead on my chin. i'm actually really pleased b/c it is the time of the month and never have i been this clear around it haha! btw, i've been extremely gentle with my skin and using 3 drops of jojoba oil exactly. seems to be working again yay!

i did take evening primrose oil (just once) a few nights ago. i think that might have helped keep my skin clearer. i only take it around this time. also, i tried out the green smoothie recipe and it was good! i had it fresh yesterday and i was surprised, i couldn't taste the spinach leaves i put in it at all! but i had the leftover batch tonight and unfortunately after sitting in the fridge i could taste the spinach in it and i couldn't drink it :( so yea it's good if it's just been made. and it gives u so much energy! i used oranges and mangoes for my fruit, cranberry and pineapple juices, and of course the spinach and ice.

DAY 59

**I started using an AHA moisturizer tonight--Neutrogena Healthy Skin. I'm just going to use it every other night until my skin gets used to it cause my skin is soooo sensitive :rolleyes: i'm going work up to using it every night. and i'm going to continue using the Dove lotion during the day cause it has spf.

**Also i started taking fish oil pills yesterday. i'm starting out with 1 pill of 1000mg a day and i'm going to work up to 4 cause that's what Dan himself is taking and has only good things to say about it. i hope its a good preventive to acne b/c i'm tired of having to fight it once it surfaces. i'd rather keep it from ever coming in the first place.

*sigh* time of the month sucks. i took some ibuprofen (to reduce inflammation) and an evening primrose oil pill tonight to help my crazed hormones lol. i've got 3 tiny whiteheads on the chin and 2 pimples on the right side of my face. one is rather large and i haven't had one of those in weeks. :boohoo:

glad tomorrow's friday, i'm so sick of work right now. i feel so underpaid. i went to college, got a degree, and i'm making jack squat. i'd be applying for other jobs like mad but i'm not sure what i want to do ?? i went to a liberal arts school and my major was theatre but i don't know what i want to do with that. i'd like some sort of artistic/communications job but i need to do some major researching first...

DAY 61

Ah I've passed my 2 month mark! Skin is doing pretty well. I actually had another compliment on it. It was the same girl I work with but this time she said "Whatever you're doing for your skin, keep it up. It's looking much better." It was nice to hear that :dance:

Skin is flaking a lot today. Not sure why that is but I haven't done the regimen yet this morning, maybe it'll be better once i do. no new breakouts and the big pimple i mentioned has formed a whitehead. the other pimple is shrinking greatly...turns out there were 2 tiny pimples growing side by side and looking like one lol. and the 3 whiteheads on the chin have dissapeared so much i can't even see them anymore yay! i've started taking 2 fish oil pills a day and i'll prolly wait another couple of days and then start taking 3. i haven't noticed any side effects from them yet so hopefully none :naughty:

heading down to my dad's house for the day. stupid check engine light came on in my car and luckily my dad is like my free mechanic haha. going to take some christmas movies to watch with the fam (my bro and sis both younger). got ELF, CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS, and JUST FRIENDS. all very funny. then my roomate is taking me out to dinner at Bonefish Grill and we're going to go see THE HOLIDAY tonight yippee!

DAY 62

Ok THE HOLIDAY was an awesome !!!! movie!!! I really loved it. It was done by Nancy Meyers who also did SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE and this movie was the same sort of style. Mix of sad with romance and comedy and a really great soundtrack. i think i might have to buy it too. It was really surprising seeing Jack Black pull of a romantic comedy but i have to say he did and did it well. his character was so sweet. and Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz did really good jobs as did Jude Law.

Anyways skin is doing pretty well. just the 1 big pimple and the 2 little ones that formed to make another pimple have shrunk. they're almost flat really. i used the AHA lotion again last night and this morning my nose wasn't as dry/flaky/bumpy as it usually is :clap:

i did notice a side effect from the fish oil pills...at least i thought that was the only culprit. the past few days i've been feeling rather tired and weak. i thought it was the pills. well it turns out they have vitamin e in them and i'm already taking a multivitamin with vit. e and a vit. e supplement so Brandy explained (thread in the diet forum) that it was thinning my blood causing me to be fatigued. so starting tomorrow i'm not going to take the vit. e supplement anymore. oh and i'm up to 2 fish oil pills a day (1 day, 1 night).

TOPIC OF THE DAY: what are 2 gifts that you really want for Christmas?

me: digital camera

smoothie maker (my motor burned out on my blender so no smoothies for the past few days :cry: )

Ami,

do post if dropping that extra Vit. E helps, I'm curious to find out. But anytime I've take too much vitamin E, it's caused me to feel weak and tired, just like you described, so I'm curious to see if this was the same problem for you!

Brandy,

Yes it definitely helped to stop taking that extra vitamin E supplement. I was feeling weak and had difficulty standing for more than a few minutes at a time. My legs felt like jello :wacko: i'm still feeling a little tired but now i'm blaming it on not making it to the gym for a few days and the stupid noisy neighbors above me waking me at 6am every day. :evil:

DAY 65

Skin has been doing well still. I only have the one pimple (the big one) of course. it's scabbed over now and i really want to pick at it but experience has taught me to just leave it alone and hopefully it won't curse me with a redmark haha. i'm still getting a few small bumps on the upper cheeks and chin area but i think the AHA lotion is helping with that. i've started using that every night now because i noticed a difference just after one night. my skin was like "finally an exfoiliator!" so yea pretty much clear except for Biggie !

oh and an update on the redmarks. they seem to be losing their redness somewhat and i attribute that to being consistently clear for awhile in those areas and also the vitamin c which has helped my skin produce more collagen. it feels firmer cause of that so that's cool. :razz: i can't wait for the day when i can say "i can't see any redmarks!" haha. it WILL happen too.

on a sadder note i'm having some major car trouble. i actually had to leave my car at work the other night and get picked up. my dad came by yesterday and he fiddled with it a bit, changed the front 3 spark plugs and wires and we got it running enough for me to drive it to his house. i'm now using his spare car which is a pretty nice car, a honda civic but i miss my baby...a dodge avenger :cry: