Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

awesome, another $20 wasted on a worthless derm. i told him antibiotics hadn't worked in the past, but he prescribed me some anyway. i told him i wanted to get rid of all the oil, and he told me it kept my face looking young and that accutane was never prescribed for acne and oil like i had. what a bastard. does anyone call the dermatology office and ask about accutane prescription policies beforehand? i just want to find a derm that listens to what i want and doesn't see accutane as satan incarnate. it works. there are safeguards against the side effects. USE IT.

very frustrated right now. we should have a derm blacklist.

by the way, would anyone happen to have a decent dermatologist that prescribes accutane without pissing themselves in the williamsburg, virginia area? wow i'm desperate. :(

hey, finding a good doctor can be hard. there's this website called rate mds.com and you can check out some derm ratings there. i have veryyy oily skin also and unfournately, there's nothing besides accutane that can really take it away. also, even after you've completed an accutane treatment, the oil may come back. also, is your acne mild? because if it is, most derms won't prescribe it.

it's moderate when i'm not using bp. on bp, my skin clears up, but i know it is damaging my skin for the long run. i've heard a lot of people have gotten accutane to take care of moderate yet persistent acne. mine just won't go away, and my parents and older brother still break out. what's so wrong with trying accutane if it's monitored closely and i'm aware of the side effects?

thanks for the reply. i'll check out that site :)

yes, if you are determined to go on accutane I'd for SURE call the derm that you plan on going to and asking if they will prescribe it. I'd say it's a good and smart thing to do!

I went to 3 derms and none of them would give me accutane (because of the 'child bering age' thing). It was a huge waste of time.

yeah, tell your doc whom you plan to go to that exact thing. that it's persistant and you don't want to be on topicals forever. hope everything works out!

awesome, another $20 wasted on a worthless derm. i told him antibiotics hadn't worked in the past, but he prescribed me some anyway. i told him i wanted to get rid of all the oil, and he told me it kept my face looking young and that accutane was never prescribed for acne and oil like i had. what a bastard. does anyone call the dermatology office and ask about accutane prescription policies beforehand? i just want to find a derm that listens to what i want and doesn't see accutane as satan incarnate. it works. there are safeguards against the side effects. USE IT.

very frustrated right now. we should have a derm blacklist.

by the way, would anyone happen to have a decent dermatologist that prescribes accutane without pissing themselves in the williamsburg, virginia area? wow i'm desperate. :(

I had to call about 5 gynocologists before I found one that would rx continuous BCP's. I would definitely call around and find out the policies. I don't know how you would ask. Maybe, "Does Dr. Soandso rx accutane for mild to moderate acne?"

Good luck. This has got to be very frustrating for you.

Platinum

Do a google search for dermatologists in your area. Sometimes, their websites will clue you in to their personality and inclination to prescribe accutane.

My derm is wonderful, and he had to talk me into accutane, not the other way around. Unfortunately, he is in San Diego.

Man Dermo's aren't trying to be sneaky with you guys... There isn't some kind of conspiracy here.

Dermo's won't issue Accutane so easily, because it's a serious drug, with serious side effects.

If it's effecting your mental health though, tell your Derm, and he should give it to you. But don't tell me I didn't warn ya.

My derm kicks ass.

I went in - he gave me some pill and some cream - and told me to come back in a month. I came back in a month and he said 'Yup, that's not really doing the trick....' then he said 'Well, I think you're old enough to decide how we should deal with this, if you want we can try a different antibiotic for another month or if you want to be more aggressive you can go on Accutane'.

I said 'Let's do Tane' as I'm 23 and way too fucking old to deal with this crap. Then we talked about different dosage, then he took my blood and said I could go ahead and fill the perscription whenever I wanted and *if* there was a problem with my bloodwork he'd call me, otherwise it was fine just keep taking the drug.

I have 'mild' acne....but soon, hopefully, I'll have no acne. It's hard to imagine that....

I wish I could help you out - but mine is in the Chicagoland area.