Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dumbchauffeur

Body Acne and Hairloss

Hi Guys,

I am considering if the underlying cause of my body acne is connected with my hair loss. My have no family history of hairloss at all yet I am the only one with it and I did have unusually greasy hair as a teenager ( I'm talking about very greasy hair within an hour of washing it! Which made me wash it more often etc.).

I would like to ask the guys ( and girls if you have also noticed this) on here about their experience - do any of you have non heridical hair loss in addition to the body acne?

I have only made the tenous link after thinking about another guy I knew with bacne who also lost alot of hair when his dad still had a full head of hair.

All I can think is that the hormonal functioning that is causing the body acne may also have the side effect of hair loss in men as the hormone DHT, which I am led to beleive is the main cause of hairloss will live quite happily in sebum. So I made the conclusion: more sebum - more DHT - more hairloss. Now I need the data from you guys to see if this theory carries any weight.

It would be interesting to get your feedback on this. But in order to get a balance view I really need to get comments from both groups ie people with Bacne and Hairloss and those without hairloss.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dumb

No.

I don't have bacne, but I have hair loss.

My dad has a full head of hair too, and I have no family history of hairloss.

So, i don't think the side effect of bacne is hairloss.

I'd say that I experience both. My hair has been getting very thin over the last few years and I'm only 27. No one in my family is bald or going bald. Parents, siblings, grandparents...all full heads of hair. It's something internal definitely. It's gotta be hormones. Let me ask something within my response. Are you an overly nervous or anxious person? My heart always seems to be racing and my metabolism is borderline nuclear. I'm a skinny dude and always have been. It's gotta be something internal.

Hi Guys,

I am considering if the underlying cause of my body acne is connected with my hair loss. My have no family history of hairloss at all yet I am the only one with it and I did have unusually greasy hair as a teenager ( I'm talking about very greasy hair within an hour of washing it! Which made me wash it more often etc.).

I would like to ask the guys ( and girls if you have also noticed this) on here about their experience - do any of you have non heridical hair loss in addition to the body acne?

I have only made the tenous link after thinking about another guy I knew with bacne who also lost alot of hair when his dad still had a full head of hair.

All I can think is that the hormonal functioning that is causing the body acne may also have the side effect of hair loss in men as the hormone DHT, which I am led to beleive is the main cause of hairloss will live quite happily in sebum. So I made the conclusion: more sebum - more DHT - more hairloss. Now I need the data from you guys to see if this theory carries any weight.

It would be interesting to get your feedback on this. But in order to get a balance view I really need to get comments from both groups ie people with Bacne and Hairloss and those without hairloss.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dumb

Hairloss does not come from your father...it comes from your mother...so pay attention to your maternal grandfather...that's where you get it from.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input so far.

1. I'm trying to see if a link with Hairloss and bacne is feasible so if you don't have bacne but still have hair loss - you may be affected by hormanal activity but your bi products are different. Hairloss is just a symptom of something more underlying going on inside the body.

2. I never used to be an anxious person when I was younger - but my parents did cause me to fret quite a bit and when I noticed the hairloss, it came like an avalanche as the worry about the hairloss got me into higher level of anxiety which was then perpetuated by other "life" worries which we all have, til the point where I was in the fast lane all the time and experienced chronic heartburn for a long time. I never did anything about it apart from drink whey too much. I have since found out that alot of my friends have been getting "happy pills" from the doctor for a long long time.

Funnily enough I am alot calmer these days - the pressure with when you first experience hair loss is that feeling of being "found out", that feeling that one day you will not be able to cover it up any longer. It feels like being on the death row of youth just waiting for someone to jeer ( as some people think its incredably funny to point it out) "hey your losing it mate, your getting old!"

Now I just shave my head and people are used to it and frankly so am I - I would still dearly love to find why it happened though, just the same as why someone would want to know why they were adopted, why they were picked on in school etc When you go through it, its just one of those "unfair" things that happen in life, you need to know the reasons behind it to get some closure on it. Hopefully this doesn't come across too melodramatically - those who have experienced it will know what I mean.

3. My maternal grandfather never lost his hair and he lived until he was 70.

If anybody else reads this please leave your experience here as I would love to hear from you.

Hi have mild back acne well it is only on my shoulders?? with this i have hair loss thinning hair and it is male pattern baldness so hereditary. it s the standard thinning straight down the middle of top of my head.

i really would like something to regrow some hair make it thicker as we all would!

3. My maternal grandfather never lost his hair and he lived until he was 70.

If anybody else reads this please leave your experience here as I would love to hear from you.

Maybe look at your dad's side of the family.

Does your dad still have a full head of hair?

What about your paternal grandfather?

Usually males get their hereditary baldness from their father's side of the family.