Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaylee

Australian chick needs help....with moisturiser........

I have combination skin - VERY oily T-zone and normal cheeks.

I get pimples in my T-zone area - surprise!

I use the normal Cetaphil cleanser & moisturiser (for dry skin) cause thats all I can find here in Australia and I don't think it's helping the oil factor at all (expecially the moisturiser). BUT I can't seem to find any of the recommended moisturisers with SPF in them here.

My criteria is - oil free, spf, non como etc, derm approved, not too $$

Today I found an Olay, Nivea & Clearasil moisturisers which fit the above. BUT Dan says the Olay doesnt moisturise and the other 2 aren't rated at all. I was also surprised to note the Clearasil didnt say non como or derm approved - but the other 2 did.

I'm not interested in purchasing over the net - just want to find something suitable at Priceline or somewhere local.

Your thoughts?

Are you on the regimen?? If not I'd give the Olay moisturiser a try. When Dan said it dosn't moisturise well I believe he meant it isn't strong enough to use on the regimen with all its dry skin and redness side-effects.

I have used Olay complete fluid in the past and I really liked it. Its SPF 15 (I think), non-comodogenic and hypo-allergenic and its very non-greasy but a little does go a long way. Its great under make-up as well. Helps it go on nice and smooth. Its got loads of vitamins and stuff in it but I aint no expert on these things but I guess its a good thing smile.gif It dosn't stop your skin from regreasing during the day but then nothing ive ever tried has (im VERY oily) so i just use blotting sheets from the Body-Shop.

Ive also tried Total Effects and that was good too. I used the intensive overnight treatment and it really nourished my skin overnight. Woke up feeling like id had a facial (not that id know ive never had one sad.gif ) and my skin was soft and even toned ans redness from spots had lessened somewhat. My friend uses it and she thinks it helped with her acne scarring.

Ive never really rated Clearasil stuff. I cant remember the moisturiser I tried but it dried my skin and broke me out. That was a while ago co it might have changed now.

Hope this helps (sorry I rant on for a bit :-# )

hi nessa

thats was great - i also use the body shop oil absorbers!!

know of any other brands on the market?

If you can get the Clean and Clear ones in Oz, I'd definitly give them a try, they're by far the best ive used. They're very good value and one sheet does the trick really well without smudging your make-up at all, and the pack lasts me ages. They don't leave that fine powdery film like The Body Shop ones do which i think can sometimes look a bit blotchy if you press down too hard with them. Ive tried more expensive ones by MAC and Shisheido but they aren't any better than the Clean and Clear ones.

I think they've discontinued them in the uk cos' i havn't been able to find them in ages sad.gif *sniff*

nope it appears its the same here, i have looked EVERYWHERE for the c&c ones for the last couple of weeks - we used to stock them everywhere but now i only managed to find one old packet in a small chemist sad.gif

thats sucks big time, cause i agree its better that they dont have powder on them.

bugger bugger bugger!

might start a new thread re: this and see what other brands are out there..

so from the 3 you can get yours hands on and for the price the body shop are the best?

i hear mary kay has some but i havent tried them yet - harder to track down cause they are like a tupperware party thingo. not sure of cost or anything..

Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Purpose spf 15

This can be purchased at drug stores (at least in the U.S. - not sure about Australia, sorry)

- Paula's Choice Non-Greasy SPF 15 w/antioxidants.

You can get it online at www.cosmeticscop.com

Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Purpose spf 15

This can be purchased at drug stores (at least in the U.S. - not sure about Australia, sorry)

- Paula's Choice Non-Greasy SPF 15 w/antioxidants. 

You can get it online at www.cosmeticscop.com

We don't have "purpose" here but we do have Paula's Choice.

Shaylee, you can order paula's choice online from australian website. http://www.paulaschoice.com.au/ You don't even need to have credit card, just call them and ask for a price quote and then mail in a money order. easy