Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

4th week on regimen and face still tight from cleanser

What should I do? I use the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and im on week 4 and my face is still quite dry and tight after cleansing. After moisturizer it's not but after cleansing it is. Should I switch to Cetaphil Bar? Is it better in terms of not drying out your face? And I am probably gonna switch to Cetaphil, I just wanted to hear your guys' thoughts on it. And also, which cetaphil bar is better, the normal one or the antibacterial one?

Also I'd like to say that aside from the tightness, the regimen is fantastic. That's all there is to it. FANTASTIC. My 95+% of all my red marks are GONE, I didnt have much, maybe 10 give or take a spot, but they are all gone.

Bar soaps are very drying in general, because of their formulation. I'd try a liquid cleanser, if you want to try Cetaphil, they make two liquid cleansers (one for oily to normal skin, but i found it irritating). If your skin is still tight and dry after trying the liquid cleanser, i'd suggest finding a cleanser with no sodium lauryl sulfate, a common but irritating ingredient in many cleansers.

Bar soaps are very drying in general, because of their formulation.  I'd try a liquid cleanser, if you want to try Cetaphil, they make two liquid cleansers (one for oily to normal skin, but i found it irritating).  If your skin is still tight and dry after trying the liquid cleanser, i'd suggest finding a cleanser with no sodium lauryl sulfate, a common but irritating ingredient in many cleansers.