Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalala0112

Alright, I've got a problem

For about the first 3 weeks to 1 month, I only used BP at night. All I did in the morning was wash my face.

I never got clear though, so I decided to up it to two times a day.

By this time, my face was definitely used to the BP, so I've been doing it twice a day for the past 2 months or so and my acne has gotten much better.

Big problem. My face is soooooooo tight. I mean, I can't open it that much at all without super flakeage, it sucks.

Do I use cetaphil? Yes

Jojoba oil? As of the past 5 days or so, Yes

So what can I do? This regimin would truely be perfect if it wasn't for the dryness. I need help!

Also, I don't know if it's the jojoba or not, but i've noticed that the past few days my face is really red. Any thoughts on this one? (It's kinda funny because it stays red for most of the time when I'm at school, and doesn't really calm down and look normal until i'm pretty much home already)

well im going to tell you what ive been telling everyone else. no one takes hard water into concideration. the chlorine in tap water drys skin out severely over time. try getting a shower head purification system. you can get them at lowes, 30 dollars. and are you moisturizing?

Please tell me how you use the jojoba oil (how much and do you use it with moisturiser or before BP or both).

Jojoba oil is really supposed to completely help with flaking.

For the first 3-4 days I added about 3 or 4 drops into my moisturizer.

After that didn't work, I did it after I washed my face.

Since you use it, tell me exactly how you do it. Do you do it after you wash? And if so how long do you wait to put it on, also, how much do you put on?

I like Lac-Hydrin 5 a lot better than cetaphil. It actually got rid of the flakiness & doesnt leave my face so shiny. Try a moisturizer with an AHA maybe. (I use jojoba oil w/that too.)

Yeah, I'm hopefully getting lac-hydrin today (cetaphils running out)

It's messed up; for example, after I take showers sometimes, I can just see dead skin all over my cheeks. I hate dry skin.

I had that problem too... flakiness and tightness and redness.

I partly blame the Cetaphil, actually. It made my skin feel burnt and oily... really gross!

But I'd say to give the jojoba oil a good week or so to really start taking care of those flakes. And maybe try the Moisturel moisturizer, I've been using that for a good couple weeks now and I love it! Moisturizes and doesn't leave my skin oily!

The Lac Hydrin Five might be a little too harsh for your skin if it's irritated already... it does have AHA in it, which stings a little. I've been using the Lac Hydrin Five at night and then the Moisturel in the morning, both with jojoba oil, and I've stopped flaking! Hooray! :D

Maybe something like that would work for you?

For about the first 3 weeks to 1 month, I only used BP at night. All I did in the morning was wash my face.

I never got clear though, so I decided to up it to two times a day.

By this time, my face was definitely used to the BP, so I've been doing it twice a day for the past 2 months or so and my acne has gotten much better.

Big problem. My face is soooooooo tight. I mean, I can't open it that much at all without super flakeage, it sucks.

Do I use cetaphil? Yes

Jojoba oil? As of the past 5 days or so, Yes

So what can I do? This regimin would truely be perfect if it wasn't for the dryness. I need help!

Also, I don't know if it's the jojoba or not, but i've noticed that the past few days my face is really red. Any thoughts on this one? (It's kinda funny because it stays red for most of the time when I'm at school, and doesn't really calm down and look normal until i'm pretty much home already)

Which moisturizer are you using? This is key to keeping the skin balanced. When you said you use Cetaphil, were you referring to the cleanser or moisturizer?

I like Lac-Hydrin 5 a lot better than cetaphil. It actually got rid of the flakiness & doesnt leave my face so shiny. Try a moisturizer with an AHA maybe. (I use jojoba oil w/that too.)

yea, I agree it can definitely help. LHF will help exfoliate off those flakes and it is pretty gentle, unless you have very sensitive skin.

As for jojoba oil, many people are using it with success too. Dan has recommended adding 3 drops of it to your moisturizer. You can try it that way.

If none of this helps, consider a switch in cleansers. Sometimes if a cleanser is too drying it can cause problems.