Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another option is the Vichy normaderm product-line. That stuff contains Glycolic and Salicylic acid. It's a bit expensive and you're going to need a moisturizer but it sure worked for me.

I've never tried proactiv, but acnefree is AMAZING - it has done wonders for me. I have been on it since last summer, using it exactly as directed, twice a day.

My skin has improved so much. I barely get any active spots at all any more, and the red marks fade really fast. It has also almost entirely cleared up all of the red marks I had before I started using it. Spots come less often, are much more mild, and go away much faster.

I wear makeup almost every day, and it goes on fine over the acnefree. My skin, which used to get really dry whenever I used any acne medication, is always moisturized enough now.

Not only that, but my whole complexion is evening out. My nose used to be naturally red, but over the past months it's become almost the same color as my cheeks and forehead.

I love acnefree - I highly recommend it!

Whew, this board is giving me hope. xD I've been on AcneFree a couple weeks now, and have had only one new breakout.

Well, I had an -initial- breakout of about four cysts, but they're slowly healing.

Has anyone TRIED AnceFree for cysts? DON'T tell me to try Accutane. I can't afford it; I don't have insurance. xP

I am on AcneFree scar remover which i have more scars now then acne. So i hope it works. Its a 2 step thing instead of 3 step or 4 step as the severe one goes.

where do u get the power Pimple peel? Does it work on scars? Is it possible to use the scar removal system in tandem with the acne free 3 step system?

Yes, Proactiv is terrible...it totally dried up my skin and made it red and gave me this burning feeling. I would not recommend Proactiv...but I started using Rodan & Field Unblemish Regimen 2 years ago and have had good results from it. I know they're made by the same people that came up with Proactiv, but I guess the Unblemish is more gentle and doesn't dry up your skin as much. The only bad thing is, it's expensive...the 3 step regimen is like $85. The cleanser usually runs out much faster than the toner/moisturizer, so I always have to go out and buy the cleanser. But, it works for me, so I'm sticking with it...

I used pro activ for about a month and it cleared my skin up and then without warning two days ago I formed cyst like sores around my chin area which were small but very swollen and sore and now they're taking forever to dry up and are leaving my chin area very red and the skin around them is dry.

I used proactiv twice. The first time I wasn't really using it all the time, and I couldn't afford it anymore so I stopped. That was like 5 years ago. Then a friend of mine who had really bad acne told me it worked wonders for her. I saw pics of her before with acne and it was really bad, the scarring and everything. I figured mine wasn't that bad and it worked for her, so maybe I'd try again. She said you really have to stick with it. Well I tried for a couple months and it still didn't work for me, so I finally quit. It only dried my skin, and I was still breaking out through dry skin, so what's the point? I saw the results on her though, so really I think it depends on the person.

I suggest if you know anyone who has proactiv, you try their out for a bit. Most people have a extra supply because they send it to you regularly every month or 2 months, you don't ask for it when you run out. In fact, I have a whole box of it, I haven't even opened it, if you really want to try it out I will mail it to you, because I won't use it.

I really think it works for some and not for others so it may be worth a try if you can get your hands on it for free or cheap.

i've used both. I've ised proactiv twice. the first time i was 12 and i just sorta stopped using it after a while cause i was lazy i guess. i think it helped my face a bit but i cant remember seeing how that was a while ago. proactiv felt good on my face but didnt really do anything and eventually dried out my face really bad. this was the second time...i was 16. i was feeling bad that my mom had to keep spending all that money on it so i stopped it. then i started using acnefree a few months later and it didnt feel as clean on my face but it seemed to do the trick for about a month. then it started giving me a bunch of redness and i wasnt as clear anymore. i realized the 3rd step was doing this so i started to just use the 1st and 2nd. i eventually stopped it all together cause it wasnt helping my acne anymore.