Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iheartny

Clear.

Well I just wanted to say that my skin is clear- and I've probably been clear for about a week or so (Except for the occasional pimple, of which heals very quickly- a day at the most).............

So the combo of::::: Duac/Tazorac/Doryx/Cetaphil/Green-Tinted Moisturizer has obviously been doing the trick for me. Let's see: started this regimen August 4...it's been about what 2-2.5 months? Wow, time has passed by so quickly. Some words of advice: stick with your regimen, because for me, I went through stages of the "intial break-out" well into September.

Um....as for the "pea-sized" drop of Tazorac wtf is that??? I've never listened to that, I've always been overly generous in my application of any topicals...lots of taz and lots of bp.. :lol:

And, lets see, the green-tinted moisturizer (non-comedogenic, oil-free and all that good stuff) really helps in disguising the scars and redness of the scars and it actually claims to improve the appearance of your complexion.

Before this regimen and everything, I used to be a total health-food freak, because I thought that junk food caused acne, but when starting the doryx, I just couldn't resist the urge to eat something salty/sugary/probably bad for my health and i just have to say, it doesn't cause acne....HORMONES do, I'm absolutely positive, because the Doryx has been controlling my skin, while I'm still pigging out on moderately unhealthy food (not like hamburgers/fries/pizza, more like candy-chocolate-chips).

And last note: not using a washcloth doesn't make a difference..........when I stopped using it for a few months after i heard the news that it irritates the skin, my skin actually got worse- more whiteheads, rougher and stuff.....anyways, I've been using the washcloth throughout this whole regimen from the bad skin to the good skin, so there are my two -cents...

Also, for me, clear skin cost a fortune, and it probably will continue to cost a fortune for the next few years of PUBERTY......It's always about money, yes?

So yes I'm just happy I'm clear.

I LOVE TAZORAC TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i slather that crap on! pea sized? ohhh come on!? they just dont want people starting out to think more is better, and flake like crazy and drop it before it starts to work, when it was their own fault!

but anyways, CONGRATULATIONS on your clear skin!

for the first time im in the same boat! keep it up :):):)

^^ haha thanx---yeah when I first started out on the taz, i wasn't flaky so much as totally itchy on my forehead, cheeks...I was itching or rubbing like crazy with a tissue.....but then i just added moisturizer at night and that helped a ton! Wow you've got a lot of "ingredients" in your regimen.....fishoil? :lol:

gosh i'm so happy...i feel like i did (except happier) when i was in 8th grade- i would get the tiniest of bumps and they would subside in a matter of a few days, but even now, these pimples are MINISCULE......i looked at my face in the mirror (o yeah, i've become vain) and nothing, absolutely nothing.

I think I can start cutting my doryx dose to 1nce a day to increase the amount of time it will be effective...

thats awesome! its such a great feelng! tazorac def. worked for me as well. yayyyyyyy

okay i have a question guys...i've been on taz for like 3-4 days, and i'm kinda in the dark of how i should be using it. I want to spot treat with BP also to try and heal the initial breakout zits. How do you guys deal with taz and BP and the same time??

they say you should use a 'pea size' amount for your whole face. honestly i use a pea size on my chin, each cheek and my forehead. so im probably over using but i havent become irritated or anything from it so im assuming im alright. i never spot treated with anything so i cant answer that part of the question but my guess would be to use the tazorac, give it 5-10 min to let it sink in, then spot treat. or maybe do it the opposite way?

another thing that GREATLY helped me not get too red/irritated when i first started usuing tazorac was to put my moisturizer on first, let it sit for 5-10 min then put the tazorac over it..it was bugging my skin by my nose a little and my dr. told me to do tghat and ever since its been fine.

they say you should use a 'pea size' amount for your whole face. honestly i use a pea size on my chin, each cheek and my forehead. so im probably over using but i havent become irritated or anything from it so im assuming im alright. i never spot treated with anything so i cant answer that part of the question but my guess would be to use the tazorac, give it 5-10 min to let it sink in, then spot treat. or maybe do it the opposite way?

another thing that GREATLY helped me not get too red/irritated when i first started usuing tazorac was to put my moisturizer on first, let it sit for 5-10 min then put the tazorac over it..it was bugging my skin by my nose a little and my dr. told me to do tghat and ever since its been fine.

I'm going to try putting the Taz on first let it sit for a while, then spot treat with the BP...i havent noticed any irritation with the taz by itself but if i do i will keep the moisturizer tip in mind. The taz makes my face really greasy and i would feel like i was overdoing it if i threw moisturizer in the mix as well. I am expecting a huge and devestating IB...i have probably a face full of clogged pores that have been just sitting there, waiting, waiting to come out since middle school....i'm a sophmore in college :(. Yeah so i have a long road ahead of me...but i'm looking forward to maybe the summer time....

^^Hey....yes i agree matchbox....I've been on a non-comedogenic, no-oil, non-irritating Eucerin Moisturizer ever since my FIRST day on the regimen.......I use it two times a day and It actually helps my skin..So.

Well i just wanted to add, that today, I'm knocking off 2x doryx- to once a day doryx only. O gosh, I hope this doesn't affect anything :pray: Stay away acne, stay away.