Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melissa

Question for Denise

Hi Denise, thanks for all your information. I have a question for you. You mentioned that having a peel before your needling is a good idea. I saw a permanent makeup artist on saturday who wants to do a Jessner Peel on me before the needling. I too have been on Retin-A micro for 2 years +. I mainly break out during PMS time, and was wondering if peels have made you break out -or anyone else reading this--are Jessner peels and other made to help in preventing breakouts? Is a Jessner peel a form of TCA peel? A part of me just wants to get started and do the needling, but if a peel first will give me better results, why not? My worry is that this lady has never treated acne scars with needling, but sounded really knowlegable about it. She said she would use hand held tool --she called it a rotary 4 flat platnium. Most of my scars are rolling on my checks, and a few ice pick. The make up artist is the only one in the state that is willing to do dry needling for scars. I am so nervous-should I get the peel first then have her try needling on me, she is registered with SPCP.org--thanks for your help--so much! It is time for me to act I am afraid the peel will make me break out and then set me back to square one--when I am sooo close to having needling done for the first time. AAHHH ](*,)

Thanks ....

Melissa

Melissa...I think you have read something wrong or misunderstood something. I don't recommend your doing a peel before needling...it thins your skin out too much. This would NOT be the thing to do. I think I said I did one once about 6 days ahead of my needling and I shouldn't have. You shouldn't apply Retin A micro 6-7 days ahead of needling for the same reason.

I have no idea why anyone would recommend doing that kind of peel and then doing needling. That would be the WRONG thing to do. You can call and ask for more details about the Jessner peel, I'm not familiar with it.

This really sounds all wrong........

Thank you soo much Denise, now I really question the experience of this esthetician who told me to do so. Do you know of anyone who went to a makeup artist who's never done needling before? I know they are really good at permanent makeup and have a lot knowledge about needles, but I guess it 's up to me to decide if I want to be the first one on her list. I wish there were more people who knew about needling in Minnesota-but it's so new to docs around here AHH ](*,) Thanks

Melissa

Well, keep in mind that the lady who did my needling was familiar with the procedure and had even been trained in it, but I was her first patient. She had never done needling on anyone before. Keep in mnd too that the hand tool she mentioned isn't as aggressive as a tatoo gun. Nevertheless, it still breaks the skin, which is why I would never recommend doing a peel, then doing needling. That definately doesn't sound right. When I did my first needling session, Lilian told me specifically to lay off the Retin A for a week; makes the skin too sensitive and too thin. You'll bleed more than usual, and the instrument will be more prone to mistakes if your skin is that thinned out. You probably would be ok; just don't do the peel, and remember the most important thing is that the hand tool isn't as aggressive at breaking up the scar tissue as a tattoo gun.

Good luck and let everyone know what you decide to do. smile.gif