Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evan

Regimen question

I've been fanscinated with this site for a while dying to try the regimen but my dermatologist advised me to stay with what he gave me for about 2 months. Personally I don't think his drugs he perscribed are working because 4 weeks into it my acne is 3 times as worse as what it was when I started. I'm not sure if I should drop it and start the Regimen which im dying to do or stay with a treatment that could possibly not be working?!

i stopped my derm's prescriptions. he said i had acne underneath the skin surface so he was going to try to 'pull it out' with differin cream and all it did was make my face horrible. before then i never had a problem with my face; it was my mom's idea to go to the derm for some reason.

For 2 yrs I went to the derm and still had acne cysts after everything she gave me. I finally found this site, stopped the derm and went Dan's way. I am now 100% clear.

It's up to you if you want to stray away from your derm's orders - I'm sure it won't hurt anyone (just be a waste of money!) What you could be experiencing is the initial breakout caused by the first few weeks of an acne medication's effects. It's flushing out all the impurities from your skin.

But if you want to, try the regimen. I mean, look at all the people it's cleared up.

For 2 yrs I went to the derm and still had acne cysts after everything she gave me. I finally found this site, stopped the derm and went Dan's way. I am now 100% clear.