Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BM745

Advice for Personal Regimen

I've recently switched from the regimen I've used for over a year, a modified version of the classic regimen, done once per day instead of twice, to a regimen I used to use.. that being the combination of SA and BP.

However, I'm finding that the SA, as it did a long time ago, really irritates my skin. No redness, and no real peeling, but my face remains tight for far too long after the SA has been washed off. For this reason, I've been loathe to follow up an SA wash with the application of BP, so I've been washing with SA in the mornings, gutting it out for six hours until my skin feels normal (I refuse to moisturize during the day, as my moisturizer leaves my face far too shiny) then at night, I wash my face with Purpose soap, apply BP, and moisturize.

I'm wondering if I should perhaps switch this around, and wash in the morning with nothing more than a bar of soap, which doesn't overly irritate my skin, and then at night combine the SA/BP followed by moisturizing. I'm not sure if combining them would be overly irritating to the skin though.

I had to cut out the bp in the morning so I now do the acne cure in the morning and Dan's regimen at night. If you followed the morning salicylic acid wash with an AHA wash it might leave your skin softer.

I use a dime size blob of SA with a few drops of water. Put it on wait a minute or two and rinse. Do the same with an AHA, I use Walgreens AHA lotion or Neutrogena Healthy Skin, wait a few minutes and rinse lightly. It leaves my skin softer and smoother. I do use a moisturizer because I need the spf but you wouldn't have to use one.