Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
It'sME!!

What Can I use to make my Skin look better?

hey you guys....well, my Homecoming Dance is this weekened and i want my skin to look better than how it looks everyday at school....im a guy so i don't know anything about make-up...but for this dance i want to go that extra mile and look better than usual.......i have some pitted scars and some red marks..any suggestions?........PLZ...it's urgent........i wanna look good for the dance..(who doesn't?)

hmm well on a guy, maybe something really light to cover redmarks like a concealor. or even a tinted moisturizer, Neutrogena has some good options.

Dont use make-up. It looks so obvious on guys.

Really?...u think so....Damn i just hate my acne scars....lol....well do you think they will notice at night?....the worst part is, that the dance is outside........and for what I've seen you can tell girls are wearing make-up when there outside...i don't know what to do... :wall::wacko:

It's not that make up is obvious on guys..I don't think I've ever seen a guy wear make-up...such as a foundation/concealer but you don't need it. It will probably only end up making your acne flare up. No one likes to wear make up..not even girls, but we feel we need to, to be found attractive by the opposite sex. I know that to me personally a guy with perfect skin is not attractive at all..I almost find it repulsive. Don't worry about it though seriously..I'm sure your skin looks fine the way it is. Guys with acne are attractive it adds character to you and really doesn't look bad at all no matter what you think. :angel: My boyfriend has a few pimples here and there but so what...his skin is perfect to me. Try not to put too much thought into it..most people think their skin is worse than it really is.

i just bought some random concealer a few years ago and am still on the same little glass bottle.... i spot conceal red marks and no one notices.... i feel so much better about myself when i have a tid bit of makeup on and i am a guy! and i know it doesnt make me breakout any worse than normal because many times i dont use it

Guest Locked In Grace

I wear it when i go out, never had anyone mention it. Not once. And i hang out with some fairly rude Females, they would have no problem confronting me.

I use a good quality mineral make-up, it's a light powder. Adds a little glow and evens out my tone. I'll be applying it in about half an hour because i'm going to watch a production. :dance:

I would be able to tell when anyone has it on. And a guy wearing it is such a turn off and is strange. Go bare faced.

lol:)u seem to be alone in ur opinion. IM a guy using concealer all the time, and i get many girls,-already was invited for a photosession too.. use it if it amkes ur confidence better!!

All of you must not have lived through the 80s hair metal days where every guy in school was wearing makeup and tight leather chaps.

By the way, for what's it's worth, I think men who wear makeup can be sexy. And I don't see why makeup should only be limited to women, everyone deserves to look good.

Guest blackheadben

That is so not true. I wear makeup EVERYDAY and it looks super natural. You just have to remember to go very lightly on the foundation (even then, foundation is optional, I just use it to look more even. My skin is a little blotchy) and blend in the concealer well. You also have to apply the powder lightly so it doesn't clump.

Gee whiz, britney is your avitar, of course you think makeup looks obvious on a man, look at her :D !

ok, what about if i don't where concealer....and only wear powder.....and apply it with a big brush....(damn i suck at make-up..lol)..i mean i don't want to look like a queen eighter..(not that there's anything wrong with that..it just not what im going for...)

Well if you're going to wear makeup you have to get the right kind that fits your skin type. So if you have dry skin you really shouldn't be using a powder because I find that it dries your skin and makes it flaky. If you have oily skin you can use powder or whatever...but make sure what you get is non-comedogenic meaning it won't clog pores and get water-based if you get foundation...don't use oil-based. Also I would recommend not applying a lot just spot coverage(concealer) like SomeGuyDude says he does...that way it will last longer and you won't look like you actually have make-up on.

I would be able to tell when anyone has it on. And a guy wearing it is such a turn off and is strange. Go bare faced.

I hope u dont go bare faced cause i think my dick would fall off if i saw you