Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried all sorts of facial clays to limited results such as green and fullers earth. I was wondering if this new type of clay called oceanic clay is worth buying. Apparently it has much better drawing powers than even green clay and on other boards great things have been said about it. It also moisturises the skin and has a butt load of minerals and vitamins in it like 60 or something which are naturally occuring.

What's your opinion on it?

I've never used that brand before, but I do occasionally use a kind called "aztec" that you can find at health food stores. you mix it will apple cider vinegar and it works really well. I don't think it's all that expensive either.

Mercer, I think that product is bentonite clay. It's reviewed on clearskin.net.

You're right, it is very cheap and seems to work just as well if not better than products with kaolin in it. I have an unbranded one which I mix with cider vinegar and maybe honey and aloe vera depending on what I feel like at the time.

I'm editting this post as I no longer recommend Mask of Magnaminty from Lush. It hasn't caused me any harm but I've read that peppermint oil can irritate the skin and I stopped using it ages ago.

Bentonite clay is also in Queen Julep Mask. I have used the aztec before. it's probably better because all it is is the clay. I however can't used the cider with it sad.gif , it's too irritating to my skin.

Elly,

I notice that you are in the UK - can you tell me where you buy bentonite clay from as it is something I am interested in trying.

Thanks.

I got it on-line at:

http://www.nutricentre.com/cgi-bin/product..._categories.cgi

there's no direct link so just click on 'clay products' on the left to find it. I got the site link (posted by Maya) from the vinegar and lemon topic at the scars treatment board. It's £3.38 (+p&p) for a bag of 200g which turns out to be quite a lot as you only need 1-2 teaspoons for one application. When my order arrived, I noticed that their address is near London, West End, so if you live in London, you can also visit their centre.

Bentonite clay is also in Queen Julep Mask.   I have used the aztec before.  it's probably better because all it is is the clay.  I however can't used the cider with it sad.gif , it's too irritating to my skin.

I got my fullers earth and green clay from mountainroseherbs.

However, the fullers earth should be taken as a spot treatment because it is extremely efficient at drawing oil from the skin. They use this exact same clay for industrial oil spills so you know it will dry out your face. Also it is a bleaching agent in many skin lighteners so it is best to spot treat.

So nobody has tried the oceanic clay huh?