Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparty

money and makeup

How much money you spend on "make up" per month excluding those moisturizer and cleanser? what about skincare....how much do you invest on your skin per month? And what is the most expensive item(s) in your makeup case?

For me....I spend ~AUD$50 on average(US$30). Most of my money goes to my foundation and lipstick. But I do spend lot and lot of money on skincare....I probably spend AUD$100-150 per month for moisturizer, sunscreen and cleanser. biggrin.gif/ Sometimes I do the facial at home which cost me extra AUD$20 each time cause I have to buy cream and mud....lol.

The most expensive item in my make up case gotta be my foundation. I do think that foundation stuff need to match your skin perfectly.

sparty - i dont even wanna think about how much mulla ive forked out [-(

BUT i hear your the guru - ever used make up over topicals like benzamycin, clindamycin???

Makeup:

Foundation ($38 usd) and

pressed powder ($28 usd).

Lipstick is only an occassional purchase, usually on a whim (estimate $15 usd). smile.gif

I don't really purchase many of the other makeup items such as eyeshadows, etc.

I don't purchase foundation/powder every month, more like every other month.

Estimate less than $40 usd/mo makeup.

Skincare:

Cleanser: Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (aprox. $6 usd)

Toner: homemade (vinegar & water)

Moisturizers:

Morning - Paula's Choice Completely non-greasy Moisturizing Lotion. ($13.95 usd)

Evening - Skin Balancing Moisture Gel ($14.95)

Also just started using PureDeming Intense Gel ($25 usd).

I don't purchase all of my skin care items each month. Usually every 2-4 months.

Estimate less than $20 usd/mo. skincare.

The most important items to me are my cleanser, foundation, powder & lipstick.

Interesting topic Sparty! smile.gif

Guest june

make-up:

-laura mercier foundation every 2-3 months $38+tax

-dr. hauschkas loose power every 2 months $28+tax

-dr.hauschkas toned day cream every 2 months $25+tax

-kielhs lip balm every year $5.25

-laura mercier face primer...i have a ton of samples but i think it will be $25 every two months

-nars blush $32(once a year i will replace my blush)

skincare:

-dr. h cleansing milk every month $29

-dr. h facial toner $25(every 2 months)

-dr. h cleansing cream $19.99(every month and a half)

-dr. h normalizing day oil ?...i think it's $49

with every purchase of dr.h i get two free samples which takes care of my oil purchase:)

-dr. h clay mask is $25(if you buy the replacement bag versus the bottle) every 4 months

most expensive item in my make-up case is foundation and my make-up brushes...one is $40 and the other is $60

monthly on all of my products is $80 average and that is make-up and skincare togather...

sparty - i dont even wanna think about how much mulla ive forked out  [-( 

BUT i hear your the guru - ever used make up over topicals like benzamycin, clindamycin???

June....be careful....I might want to steal some dr. hauschku from you....lol

I just got new bloom lipgloss yesterday.....love it...hee hee

Guest june

hey sparty....i think i might need more dr. hauschkas products! hehe...you on the other hand got me addicted to laura mercier's face primer....i love it so much! i've been using it for two weeks now and no breakouts and i have to touch up only once in the late afternoon:) make-up really stays put! my hubby would like to thank you for adding to my make-up list:) lipgloss, eh....i might have to try that out:) quit listing such great products sparty!!!!! is it really thick and does it stay put?

Hey,

You are entering winter, right?....lipgloss from bloom might not be a color of the moment. (I think) It is a lipgloss...so it won't last very long.

I like bloom "kissable" lipgloss. It adds shine to my lips without those ugly particle of mica (glitter). right now I just add this lipgloss on the top of my lipstick.

None! $0.00! I just use whatever's been in my drawers. Clinique liquid foundation, I believe? I don't really worry about makeup though... biggrin.gif/

I spend so much money on makeup, its crazy. But the thing is I actually enjoy makeup. It is so much fun to play around with sometimes, especially eyeshadow! I just bought smashbox liquid foundation which was $30 (USD) and I bought their loose powder which was $28. Something I try to do though, is play up my eyes, that way people won't be too foucused on my face. Lately my skin has been so dry that no makeup looks good on, so Ive really been making my eyes stand out with eyeshadow and stuff... Its fun! MAC and Smashbox have a great eyeshadow selection!

Exuviance CoverBlend foundation ~$20 (at least 2 months)

Exuviance Coverblend loose powder ~$20 (at least 2 months)

Clinique Gentle glow pressed powder ~$20 (probably at least 2 months)

Revlon lipstick ~$7 (many months)

Almay blush ~$7 (many months)

Aveeno cleansing lotion $6-something (prob a month)

Neutrogena gentle scrub cleanser $6ish (every few days to exfoliate)

Aveeno clarifying toner $6-something (prob a month)

Fullers Earth mask $4-something/lb (every few days) (many months)

Exuviance moisturizer $23 (prob 2 months or so)

unfortunately, it took a lot of expensive trial and error to find the perfect foundation.

Have any of you actually tried Dan's regimin? I used to spend tons of foundation, pressed powder, TONS cause nothing ever was good enoughto my tastes, and I was constantly like "uh oh i bet everyone can tell it's on my face. Now, im healing from red marks but I only ever use a bit of shine free powder when I'm going out. Other than that, I'm make-up free except for my mascara and eyeliner, which is a MUST in my books.

I'm so darn old birthdaygirl. You are only 15 or 16, right? I think I remember that you was once complain about wrinkle and BP...hee hee. I am more than twice your age, so...I do need makeup. lol

You...on the other hand....still have young skin.....no need for any makeup at all.