Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

PEPTIDES PRODUCTS

I've noticed a lot more products in the shops seem to contain peptides recently, in particular Olay's Regenerist products containing Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3. I bought the serum: it's lovely & smooth & has the advantage over Skinbiology products of NOT BEING BLUE and not fucking up my pores. (Skinbiology products caused more problems for me that they solved.) But whether it will do anything for scars??

From what I can make out, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 regenerates collagen in the epidermis, but since scarring occurs in the DERMIS (deeper level) of the skin, I'm unsure whether the product will help my skin structurally, or merely smooth over the surface.

http://www.aragonproducts.com/theproducts.cfm?master=6885

That link also seems to suggest that its action is in the superficial level of the skin. However, there are a variety of different peptides being put in products on the market, maybe some will act upon the dermis as well?

I've heard good things about the Aloette products containing peptides, particularly their Cellular Correcting Complex. Can anyone tell me whether it seems to work deeply to obliterate scars, or merely helps temporarily smooth the skin's surface?

If anyone has any info, experience or links concerning peptides, please contribute. Thanks.

Hi, as a side note i once bought DermagIows peptide cream at around £100 (yes i know..crazy!) anyway..i found the opposite..that dr.pickards c.p worked much better for me and is much better vaIue.

I personaIIy dont know anything about the AIoette products, but does sound interesting.

What particular peptide did that product contain?

Also, what level of improvement did you get from the copper peptides, over how long?

Does anyone know where to find these peptides like copper and Matrixyl Peptide(oxygen peptide a)? websites or stores but that are not extremely expensive at the same time?

Does anyone know where to find these peptides like copper and Matrixyl Peptide(oxygen peptide a)? websites or stores but that are not extremely expensive at the same time?

Matrixyl is an amino peptide (palmitoyl pentapeptide 3), you can get the pp3 on ebay at skinactives website, they sell all sorts of skin products for cheaper and you can just mix it yourself in a cream. That way you can add all the actives you want and make your own concoctions. I bought a little vial of it and it's not bad but nothing miraculous or anything.

For those who remember, I was a big proponent of copper peptides on this board. I used them for two years and saw pretty good results. Or at least, I *thought* I saw results. When all was said and done, I took an honest look in the mirror and decided that copper peptides didn't help as much as I'd thought. In fact, I now think it was a big-time waste of money. The products burned me and left me with a mark under my left eye that I'm now trying to peel off. I used CP Serum, then Trireduction, then Super Cop 2X.

(Yes, I know I'm probably shocking some people, most especially Denise.)

I'm now of the opinion that Retin-A and low-strength TCA are more beneficial, if used consistently.

P.S. Interestingly, the Nurse Practitioner who did my Botox injections (they worked great) told me that her business has stopped carrying copper peptide products because of poor results.

Seems like the peptide products break me out. I have some photolagen which is a very pricey moisturizer which is supposed to aid in sundamaged skin and elasticity, etc. . I used it two days and started to break out. I also tried the acnefree scar free product with peptides, I am now dealing with a breakout probably from it. While I think these products hold promise, some people, like me are sensitive to them but if you aren't, I think they are great.