Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dami4n

i started the "Dip" regimen

ima keep you guys posted on my progress

i did my first lastnight and it feels great

ill only be doing it once a day at night as my skin is sensitive and over irritation causes acne for me.

ill keep you guys updated asmuch as i can :dance:

i started last night too, damien! :D (10/16/06.) so we can go thru it together! i think that's a good idea, too -- the once-a-day thing. cuz i have psycho skin myself... :lol: and slower is probably better. good call!

i had a tiny whitehead popup on my beard area thismorn but it was so small that i scratched the head off an it bled for 5mins then i scratched the blood off an it was basically gone :D

erm my skin is a bit of a mess around my chin

not much ACTIVE big acne but its a very blotchy texture with tiny ones all over the place that i wanna take care off.

ill beonly doing it at night so ill keep u guys going hehe

its 6:58pm now so ill have another dip later this evening before bed hehe

ps the dipping itself feels great

and afterwards ur skin feels awesome

its worth doing it even if its jus part of your washing routeen :D

washed again lastnight using dip method first

i did a 60second dip with 10secs at a time (ish)

then i jumped straight in the shower an washed as usual.

so far so good.

i mean my skin wasnt that bad anyways but its looking pretty good after 2days.

the best part is how cleansed your skin feels after you do it, it feels like your pores are all open like when your in a sauna.

then u jump in the shower an i jus invisioned all the crap that my pores were sweating out, me then washing off in the shower.

i definately recommend doing this dip regimen as its fast an free and an easy addition to your regime. :D

*update*

ive been doing the dip regimen for a few days now an LOVE IT

skin looks very healthy and the best its been in a long time

i highly suggest doing the dip regimen as part of your routeen if you acne is mild

an if its VERY MILD i suggest only doing the dip regimen and simply buying an acne medicated soap.

i think its just a placebo affect. cause your skin will look better right after it. cause of the hot water.

*update*

ive been doing the dip regimen for a few days now an LOVE IT

skin looks very healthy and the best its been in a long time

i highly suggest doing the dip regimen as part of your routeen if you acne is mild

an if its VERY MILD i suggest only doing the dip regimen and simply buying an acne medicated soap.

hey dami4n,

just wondering, are you still doing it only at night? i have been, and am wondering if i should step it up a notch to twice daily. :think:

i think its just a placebo affect. cause your skin will look better right after it. cause of the hot water.

placebo effect is a load of shit

"The placebo effect is the phenomenon that a patient's symptoms can be alleviated by an otherwise ineffective treatment, since the individual expects or believes that it will work. The phenomenon, if it exists at all, is not fully understood by science."

Load

Of

Shit

placebo effect is a load of shit

"The placebo effect is the phenomenon that a patient's symptoms can be alleviated by an otherwise ineffective treatment, since the individual expects or believes that it will work. The phenomenon, if it exists at all, is not fully understood by science."

Load

Of

Shit

The Placebo effect is not a load of shit at all - it has been well researched and documented by science for years now. In fact, the only reason double-blind studies are required is to ensure the results are not skewed by the placebo effect.

With that said, I don't think the hot water dip method is a result of the placebo effect. It opens the pours and causes blood to flow to and from the face - both of which benefit your skin. I personally add a few handfuls of Epsom salt because it kills bacteria and helps clear your pours of sebum/oil/bacteria because it is a drawing agent. For this same reason, it can help bring a forming or active pimple to a head faster and even has some skin healing effects. I also use a jojoba/tea tree oil mixture afterwards (while my pours are still open) to moisturize and further disinfect the pours.

Hey!! Ive been on the dipping regimen for 3 days now. And I also use apple cider vinegar, Ive made great progress so far!! I look forward seeing yours!!

wanna know why the placebo effect is a load of shit in this regimen for me personally?

i wash in low light at night as my skin always looks worse after i wash etc

so the only time i view my face in detail is in the morning when im getting ready for work

so i know if its working or not an it has NOTHING to do with how it makes your face look after you do it because i HONESTLY dont look.

right now my regimen =

at night only

dip regimen

then wash with acne medicated soap which helps to dry my skin out at night which works good i find.

in the morning i do NOTHING other than pat my skin down with some tissue to remove any oil and to give it the matte effect.

an thats it :D

its working great but i do only have mild acne now.

Apparently you don't even know what a placebo effect is. Because you completely contradicted yourself.

If the hot water is the cause of the skin looking better, like you said. And if the purpose of the dip method is to use water to make the skin look better. Where does the placebo come into effect? :think:

edit- Btw, I started this morning and not only does my face feel good, but I'm less stressed out. I think this works physically and spiritually. I'd recommend this to people who don't have acne problems, just to relax.

not really. i take a shower everyday and let hot water splash on my face, it doesnt feel like anything like letting your face soak in hot water for 100 seconds.

You can basically get the same effect by letting hot water splash on your face in the shower.

i totally dissagree, have a go and you wil feel your pores feel a lot more "open"

its not an acne cure IMO but its a nice help towards clearer healthier skin :D

Another wash lastnight left my skin feeling refreshed and tight

it helped to dry out a few new spots i had in the last few days

in a few days if no more pop up ill have nice skin again like i had in the middle of lastweek before some lil spots popped up

it pisses me off that its only my chin that suffers from acne because im very conscious of chin acne.

when i have it on my neck it doesnt botherme anywhere NEAR asmuch as it does when its on my chin :(

but im very gratefull my acne is severe.

id say it was mild/moderate before due to small cysts forming on my chin

id say at my worst time i had aroudn 5 cysts all on my chin

now my skin is a lot dryer in itself and i only get smaller spots which is nice.