Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum007

How old are you and what level of fatigue are you experiencing?

I have a theory that the older you are, the less likely you are to be fatigued or sore from accutane. I think the younger, growing people get the fatigue side effect more than the older patients.

I'm 40 and no fatigue or extra soreness.

I have, ever since I turned 35 or so, pain somewhere on my body every day. It's not any worse on accutane so far. Again, I may change my tune in a few months but for now, I'm ok.

Platinum

You've been on accutane for 5 years??? Maybe I did nor understand this post.....

What are you getting at with the tiredness???????

Does it make you tired, ot opposite??????????

I am not on it now, but I was on it a loooong time so I can't tel.....

I am tired now hee hee, time to shut down till anotherday.:)

haha...i'm 17 and ive only been on it for nearly 2 weeks and im sooooooooo tired all the time...my eyes will literally close and i will fall asleep at any time of the day lol its annoying :razz:

I took my first course when i was about 15 if i recall correctly, and i experienced extreme fatigue. The last course i took at 31, no fatigue at all. I was sore both times, but the recent course the soreness disappeared when i started taking fish oil.

I have been sleeping a lot more than usual it seems and generally feel like I have less energy. Before starting accutane I was running 3 miles 3 times a week. I struggle to do 2 now before I get exhausted. I'm 21 BTW. I can't say accutane is to blaim, but the tiredness started around the same time.

Not sure if accutane is the cause but I am 18 and my symptoms are:

..much more tired. I sleep 11 hours and I still struggle to open my eyes

..when I lay down, it feels like someone is sitting on me and squeezing my organs near my lower back. I feel like my lungs are being compressed and it takes a while for the pressure to go away

..I've had some hip problems, they always pop..but for the past 3 days, its feels like I have a knife in my hip socket.

I'm 39...pre accutane I was VERY active...spinning, running, cycling...

The first few weeks were tough. I had headaches, and enough stomach distress (I have IBS) to keep me home from the gym. Since starting tane, I haven't been to the gym in weeks.

I've had days where I have been exhausted, and my knees have been really achy.

But...I'm starting to feel better. Maybe it took my body awhile to get used to it. I am taking fish oil with the meds.

Wow, I think you're on to something here, Platinum!

I'm 48 and I didn't notice any fatigue at all during my course. In fact, when my face cleared up after about 1-1/2 months, I felt energized because I was so encouraged by the good results. I did experience sore heels, though. It was on the back of the heel where the Achilles attaches. There were several others on this site in the 30+ age range who told me they had the same thing. I didn't have any other problems with back or muscle aches, though.

Interesting theory. How did you come up with it?

P&W

Interesting theory. How did you come up with it?

P&W

I just kept noticing how the people that complained most of fatigue and pain were young. I also think that us older folks (not that 40 is old since 50 IS the new 30) are used to pain in some shape or form. So a little extra would probably go unnoticed.

Plus, I was wishing soooo hard that fatigue wouldn't be a part of my treatment. I am a total baby when it comes to being tired. Pain I can handle. Fatigue will bring me to the doctor's office every time. I once had to have my husband drive me to the doctor's office because I felt so ill. When the doctor asked what was wrong I simply said, "I am so tired." One even tried to rx me Prozac. He thought I was depressed. Turns out, I just hate being tired. Weird, I know. Goes with the type A thing, I guess. :w00t:

Platinum

Im fucked even at midday after a good night of sleep.Definetly the pills...and im exhausted after any physical activity.im in good shape!

I'm 22 and have been very fatigued, but I honestly don't know if it is the Accutane or not. Since I had mono about 3 years ago, I have never felt as energetic...

I'm 31, and I was always kindof a tired person person before I started accutane, but it's definately gotten worse since I started accutane, but not all the time. I'll go through spurts of a week where I'm do exhausted all the time, and then I'll feel fine for a while.