Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Snow_Queen

L'Oreal's Bare Naturale

Alrighty...

Maybe some of you recall that I tried L'Oreal's Bare Naturale Mineral Foundation a little while back and didn't like it much.

After practicing with the makeup a bit and using a different powder brush, I've decided that it's a good product. The coverage is easily adjustable and ranges from sheer to medium/full. It is not shiny at all and lasts a reasonably long time.

The reason why I disliked the makeup when I first tried it was because I put too much on, too soon. Being unfamiliar with mineral makeup, I treated it like a regular face powder, which resulted in a heavy, cakey look that sunk into my pores after a few hours.

So, if any of you want to try it, here's some tips that work for me:

-If you're having trouble obtaining a natural-looking application with the included applicator brush, use your best powder brush instead.

-To reduce the possibility of caking, it's really, really important to firmly swirl only a small amount into the brush, and then to tap any excess off.

-For areas that need to be spot concealed, try using a good eyeshadow brush which has close-together bristles.

-Gradually layer coverage, don't glob it on or else it will look terrible.

-Don't "buff" all over the face, gentle downward strokes look more natural and are less irritating (at least for me).

As with any makeup, it's important that you start with a smooth, clean face. Mineral makeup looks especially bad over dry areas and flaky skin, so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize any dry areas.

I still like liquid makeup better because it feels dewier and looks a little more polished, but the mineral makeup is a quicker alternative that also works well.