Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok girls i got a quick question about mineral makeup. As you can see by my name i am a guy and Im looking to use something temporarly for my shallow scars and red marks. :ninja: Ive never used makeup :redface: before and from what it seems is that mineral makeup seems to be the best as far as people not noticing. I was going to order from the joppa place but was wondering since they are out of those kabuki brush things would it be ok to use that chiseled brush? Also looking on their site i see there full covegae and soft coverage. the main thing im worried about is I DO NOT WANT TO BE ALL SHINEY LOOKING. hahaha Anyways as you can see im new to this but some help would be appreciated.

sorry, but good luck....

for you I'd suggest a baby or small kabuki. I'd also suggest getting the samples for sure, from them and another company.

I've PM'd you. :)

the only problem with the kabuki brush is that you may get too much coverage (especially when used in combination with joppa minerals). you may want to try the chisel brush for more natural looking coverage.

For a guy looking to avoid shine/sparkle, make sure you try a mineral make-up with no Mica in it. Mica is responsible for sparkle and that shiney/oily look (it reflects light). Mica is the main ingredient in metallic & glittery eye shadows.

If a foundation does contain Sericite, make sure it is matte (there are different types & textures) and is not the first or second ingredient-to much can also make you look shiney.

I think for a more natural look you should avoid using a Kabuki, which tends to pick up & use to much powder. Try a big, fluffy powder or blush brush and use a very small amount-you can build it up to get more coverage.

I'm a guy here and using Everyday Minerals which has Mica in it as well. I don't find that it has any shine or anything to it. I think it depends on the formula, I'm using the Intensive line. I love the natural look it gives also it does give good coverage! I think Everyday Minerals would be perfect for you since it's really worth it they have a Starter kit at about $28 and you get everything and you can substitute whatever you don;t like or use. I like their Premium Kabuki Brush it gives full flawless coverage and doesn't have a heavy or cakey look.

Check out their samples first it's well worth it since you only pay shipping!! Samples can last you anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending on usage. Remember with any minerals (LESS IS MORE)

I'm just new into all this and it's great stuff to use all natural and actually heals my red marks and doesn't give me bad breakouts....

PS: Joppa has wonderful coverage too but I didn't find my color

I'm a guy here and using Everyday Minerals which has Mica in it as well. I don't find that it has any shine or anything to it. I think it depends on the formula, I'm using the Intensive line. I love the natural look it gives also it does give good coverage! I think Everyday Minerals would be perfect for you since it's really worth it they have a Starter kit at about $28 and you get everything and you can substitute whatever you don;t like or use. I like their Premium Kabuki Brush it gives full flawless coverage and doesn't have a heavy or cakey look.

Check out their samples first it's well worth it since you only pay shipping!! Samples can last you anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending on usage. Remember with any minerals (LESS IS MORE)

I'm just new into all this and it's great stuff to use all natural and actually heals my red marks and doesn't give me bad breakouts....

PS: Joppa has wonderful coverage too but I didn't find my color

so the intensive line doesnt give you that shiney appearance?

If you have dry skin yous hould be careful with the intensive line since its super super matte. I personally dislike the intensive finish because of that. I love semi matte because it looks more natural on my skin. Em gives you the ability to try free samples. 3 free foundations. So you can try them in different finsihes.

Thanks for the help girls and guys. I just ended up ordering from both joppa and EDM and getting like 8 different colors and samples to see what would actually work.

Guest blackheadben

just use liquid foundation. Make sure you get the right color and go lightly and blend well. I have never understood the thing w/ mineral makeup. It just seems to be way too trendy right now. My liquid (revlon colorstay active light makeup) works fine for me.