Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2qtgirls

What kind of foundation do I use with CSR?

Ok-I just started the program a month ago and have had fabulous results. I am scared to try foundation! BUT--- :wacko: I need the coverage! I have some Lancome but need to go back and get a new color etc. What is the best foundation for acne prone skin? I like to have a nice matte finish and good even coverage. I am in my 30's. Used to consider myself oily but that has changed with the program. Any advice on makeup tips??? When I break out it has usually been at the jawline. Thanks for your help!

i really like mineral makeup (specifically, joppa minerals-- joppaminerals.com). I like it because it provides sufficient coverage, feels light and does not make me breakout at all.

there are several recommendations on the makeup forum further down on the forum list.

Congrats on getting results with the CSR! That's wonderful news!

As for makeup foundation, you really want something light, oil-free, and non-comedogenic.

Some people like the mineral makeups as longshot mentioned above.

I didn't though. My skin is very oily and the mineral makeups are shimmery and just seemed to add to the shiny look of my skin. And it settled into my pores and made them appear bigger. So, for me, mineral makeup just didn't work out.

I've been using Almay Smart Shade for around 6 months or so now and I really really like it. Like most Almay products, it is hypoallergenic. It is oil-free and non-comedogenic. It is light and doesn't feel like it is caked on. It is pretty sheer, so if you need more coverage you would need to layer it or stipple it with a cosmetic sponge (I love using those wedge sponges).

Another good one is Maybelline Pure. It is very nice too and works well with topicals.

For more ideas, you can visit our makeup forum.

Hope this helps!

mineral make ups for sure.

if your skin is oily, go for a matte or semi-matte finish.

www.everydayminerals.com have samples you can try (I didn't feel like paying $20 for 'samples' from joppa) for FREE with like $4 shipping.