Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericmccull11

What to ask for next...

I've been going to the same derm for about 2 years now starting when i was 15. We started with erythromycin (sp?) and 500g of Amoxicillian. This did little for my acne and we added Differin Gel to no avail. Also, we switched to tetracycline and this did not help much either. Now I'm using Duac in the morning and Retin-A Micro 0.1% at night with a 500g pill of Ampicillian twice a day. This sometimes works and my face looks decent with 2-3 active pimples. It seems the past few months I havent had clear skin with a few new pimples each day. Ive been using the Duac/Retin-A combo for about 4 months. What should i ask from my derm the next time i go to see him because as i look around school, no one has acne much at all except for me. So what combo would work well that is stronger than what i have now?

I've been going to the same derm for about 2 years now starting when i was 15. We started with erythromycin (sp?) and 500g of Amoxicillian. This did little for my acne and we added Differin Gel to no avail. Also, we switched to tetracycline and this did not help much either. Now I'm using Duac in the morning and Retin-A Micro 0.1% at night with a 500g pill of Ampicillian twice a day. This sometimes works and my face looks decent with 2-3 active pimples. It seems the past few months I havent had clear skin with a few new pimples each day. Ive been using the Duac/Retin-A combo for about 4 months. What should i ask from my derm the next time i go to see him because as i look around school, no one has acne much at all except for me. So what combo would work well that is stronger than what i have now?

if you want a antibiotic I've had good luck with cephalexin. but if I were you i would ask for accutane. that's just me though, it's not for everyone.

hm... I think you might want to try the csr since I think that probably helps more than some of the other medications that the dermatologist can give you. I don't think an antibiotic is normally helpful because it only helps while you are taking it and it may be dangerous to take it for too long as well. The only medication from the dermatologist that may be helpful is accutane, although I am not too sure if your acne is that severe or difficult to handle that you would need it.

hm... I think you might want to try the csr since I think that probably helps more than some of the other medications that the dermatologist can give you. I don't think an antibiotic is normally helpful because it only helps while you are taking it and it may be dangerous to take it for too long as well. The only medication from the dermatologist that may be helpful is accutane, although I am not too sure if your acne is that severe or difficult to handle that you would need it.

It's more dangerious to get drunk than to take some antibiotics...we do much more harmful things that we overlook. ..and true, althought antibotics will stop working when you stop taking them, they give you an edge, it's pretty easy to maintain..so once they clear him up, he should be able to just maintain it...

hm... I didn't mean not to take them at all, I apologise if it seemed that way. I mean that he should be careful not to use them for a long period of time and to not use them when he gets his acne under control as well.