Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl2006

colorstay for oily skin

can you tell me about the colorstay for oily skin foundation...... i have oily skin and i want something that has good coverage and keeps oil away and doesnt look fake! or cakey and icky by the end of the day.

Guest blackheadben

The colorstay active light version (comes in a squeeze tubey thing) is great for oily skin. It is very opaque yet lighter than the regular colorstay. Then again, I haven't used the original colorstay since they put the softflex in it so I don't really know, lol!

what is the new sofflex (sp?) in the colorsay anyways? does it help with oily skin or not? should i try the active light version or regular for oily/combo skin with sofflex? which is better about coverage and oil and NOT causeing breakouts?

yes , someone please answer girl2006's question! I just recently bought this foundation and all I saw on Makeup alley was how bad this was! That it couldn't be washed off normally, looked cakey, broke out people, made dry patches look worse! How worse could it be compared to Age Rewind by maybelline! My skin is so dry from that stuff and my eyes look awful! Help, I need a good liquid make up to replace True Illusion! thanks.

Ok, I didn't want to reply cause I may still use it occasionally but I think it makes my pores look very big. I used an entire bottle. I honestly liked it better than the active type which I also tried. To me, the active looked a bit dewey on my skin and did not seem to "set". I think the colorstay is pretty good but yes can break you out if you don't use something under it kind of counteract it. This might be okay for the cooler months since pores tend to stay more closed up then anyways. I still have about half of an unused bottle but really love the color of the natural beige for the summer. Matches my skin great but I have moved on.

I tried the Colorstay for oily skin and it was horrible for me. I may work for others, but not moi! It would get really blotchy toward the middle of the day and gather in the creases at the side of my nose and in my little laugh lines around my mouth. The powder just made it worse. Personally I like Physicians Formula La Velvet Film. It comes in a compact and has a consistancy similar to Dermablend, but it's quite light. It covers beautifully and its PERFECT for hyper sensitive skin. They have some really great face powders too.

post-49019-1161726463_thumb.jpg