cleardream

Does Tea Tree Oil Work?

Tea tree Oil  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to use it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't tried it

It works for me but also dries out my skin TERRIBLY. I suppose if you are oily it might be okay..I am dry and this makes it 10x worse..but it does shrink up my pimples. And I don't dilute it like you are suppose to because it doesn't work for me then.

Tea tree oil has some research indicating that it may be an effective disinfectant for inflammatory acne lesions.

If you don't dilute it, tea tree oil can be too irritating. Mix pure tea tree oil with your moisturizer, and try to aim for around a 10% concentration (something between 5% and 15%). Too much more might be irritating, and too much less might be ineffective.

I think pure tea tree oil can be bought at Trader Joes, or you can order it from Makeup Artist's Choice.

just curious, for those it has worked for how many times per day do you use it? is it more effective diluted or undiluted? i've heard different things.

If you don't dilute it, tea tree oil can be too irritating. Mix pure tea tree oil with your moisturizer, and try to aim for around a 10% concentration (something between 5% and 15%). Too much more might be irritating, and too much less might be ineffective.

Is there anything else that you would recommend diluting it with? Like, would plain water or maybe green tea be ok? (I'm currently avoiding moisturizers.) Thanks. :)

My 100% Tea Tree Oil...it does not say I have to dilute it.

It says clearly that APPLY DIRECTLY....

I use it like 3 times a week. Apply before sleep and leave it on until the next morning.

I use a Te Tree oil cleanser (in a green bottle) from the Body Shop. Its advertised as a "Best Seller" and I'd expect it works great for most people.

For me it has two effects..

1) It does seem to reduce overall redness and inflamation of my acne which is great as I still have a lot.

2) It creates more whiteheads than I'd like, but they are mainly generally small.

Its almost like its taking the top layer off the acne which results in them going down, but then it exposes the "core" which is where the whiteheads come in. I'm gonna stick with this for a bit as nothing else seems to help at all.

Just wondering if this "natural" treatment is worth buying...

i like tea tree. I use in sparingly tho coz i sometimes get a burning sensation and it can dry out skin. But when i breakout, i dab some on my spots and by morning, they shrink in size and are almost gone