Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey All :clap:

Name : Matt P

I have had mild Acne most of my teenage life.In 2003 i went on minocyline for 4 months.all was great! i had my confidence back and my skin was awesome.2 months after finishing it...it started coming back.Those little bastards :evil: So i went through some tough stages at High School.waking up in the morning was hell looking at my messed up face.id be depressed at times.so 2006 came along and i got pissed off.I went back to the doc and he prescribed minocyline again.Four months later and i was awesome again...but the same shit came back :(

So we went back and finally im on Tane.Ive been on it now for 5 and a half weeks :

Week 1 : Dry Lips.Breakouts kept on occuring.

Week 2 : Drier Lips...Still breakouts wouldnt lessen

Week 3 : Some depression.As the state wasnt improving.Dry Lips

Week 4 : Some anger towards this so called wonder drug.Dry lips.Dry arms.Still breakouts

Day 40

Well the main reason for me starting my log is for today.i had some of the most side effected days ive had ever :P Firstly my lips are dry (normal).Then i went to football indoors.GOSH!!! i sweated so badly...! it was dripping off my face.i never sweat like that.Then after a short time of running i was exhausted.im actually very fit but i was drained :doh: then after the soccer i got home.and i had some back pain.Then my joints started to ache.Then i got a headache.lol.It was a crazy day.I told my mom and she got concerned... :ninja:

But my face is looking good and BP with the Tane is doing wonders.I know il have more IB's but im gonna stick it out.Well im gonna try and keep my log updates :hand: Well i love this site and thats why i wanted to share my journey.IM SURE il post all my rants and depression days. :wall: At least there are some great people here who help motivate and reassure.

Peace

MaTT :surprised:

Thanks Guys

Day 43

have a new breakout coming.New pimple inbetween my nose and lip.Also a little tank on my cheek.A huge one just popped up overnight on my jawline.But all in all its good.i can look in the mirror and be very happy with the progress.the 'scarring' type of acne under the skin is all gone.

I had some back pains this morning and am again just physically tired.

Im too scared to shave.I havent shaved for a week now as i know that it will cause a breakout or redness.I have an elec razor and it dont help.My joint are sore in my forearms :(

LOL - yesterday my mom freaked!!! i got too huge lovebites on my neck and she was like ' Fuc*in Hell - im taking you off this Tane' :P lol.

Also can anyone tell me if i take a Multivitamin with Zinc,B12,B1&2,Nicotinamide,Lecithin,L-Tyrosine is cool? ? ? i need to know :)

Cheers

Matt

I'm so glad it's working for you! I'm also so worried about the depression b/c I already have a history of it. But I'm sure you'll be fine, and I think your good skin will help cheer you up! All the best!

Day 44

Not a great day.Have a new pimple starting under my left eye area.Its leaving a bump.i just want the mother to come to surface.

New one just popped up overnight on left cheek.My forehead all of a sudden got a rash of small pimples.You cant see em but can feel em.Those ones.

Depression Today....! i was at a friends house and there was a sweet gal there.my face is pretty clear so my confidence was up.but the girl straight out ignored me and she was with my bud by the end of the night.fucking pisses me off....i got sad.

most is still good though.i just fucking hate this world we live in at times and how looks is all that counts...and material shit.fuck!

hey man, don't get down. there are plenty of fine ladies out there. keep up your confidence and loosen up.

i just went down to 20mg because of some side effects. how do you feel about your low dosage treatment? how bad was your acne when you started.

good lucky buddy!

royskopp - thanks man.hope i do meet a decent girl sometime :(

my acne was and has never been serious.but micytosin is crap...it doesnt cure just helps.20 mg gives me same side - effects....cant imagine what 80mg does :blink:

Day 47

Skin allround is amazing.I have a batch of pimples under the skin between my eyes...you know that area.ive been pressing some of em out slowly ;)

i had a tank on my one eyebrow but no one can see it so its all good.I have a few popped zits on my forehead but they arent terrible and oily.BP i must say is doing an awesome job.dries those bastards out nicely.i think i had my IB two weeks ago and from now on in i WILL get breakouts but nothing like the IB touch wood :)

OH MY WORD! i had a huge whitehead on my knee 2day!!! lololol.it was so fun popping it...and it was so wierd having it there.

Still a little down of late.im depressed i cant get attention from the opposite sex except from dirty skanks (DO NOT just use girls,makes you feel useless :( ) Also i think im in love with my best friend...complicated.

Matt

Day 53!

50 days in and im still getting some regular pimples.I think im having a second IB :( i got three crappy zits on my right side jawline.Then yesterday i got 2 small but noticable pimples on my right cheek.My left side is clear :) i look like 2 face though :( I must just say that BP is AMAZING for me.I had a motherfucking TANK of a pimple boiling under my skin right inbetween my eyes.I applied it all day yesday and now that sore painful feeling is going and i even think the lil bastard isnt coming to head.Cuz when those bastards come 2 head it takes a week or so to heal :(

Guys help me! when i shave i get a breakout the day or day after i shave!!! i even leave shaving these days cauz i know whats coming.Im using an elec razor :) any advice....precautions?

Side Effects : Im finally accepting them and they barely bother me now :D

Matt

Day 59

IM FUCKING tired of shaving....! i leave my beard for a week and then my skin is pretty awesome.as soon as i shave,doesnt matter how much i clean my face after,new pimples come overnight.I have 3-4 scabs on my jawline from picking.NOTHING works as well as picking! getting all that shit out.

I also have had a semi-cyst whitehead for the last week...i left it alone and it came to whitehead last night.popped the bugger and it should heal in a day or 2 ;)

my skin is looking amazing in natural light! looks so awesome.you cant see any 'underlying' zits.

2 days ago i drank pretty heavily :wall: !

i had 5 smirnoff storms....i was extremely tipsy but not drunk....wanna see what happens :P

Side Effects : NONE....just same old dry lips.also a little fatigue now and then...but its all good :clap:

Recap : Very Happy :dance:

Well, you visited my log, so here I am at yours. Don't worry about the girls--- if they're so stupid and superficial that they can't see the real you, then who needs them? Don't be sad---- I know you'll get through this. (I didn't date at all in high school or early college--- went to prom with my male gay friend, who wore more makeup than I did. And this was back in 1982, so you can imagine what my father thought of that little scenario.)

You seem like a doll--- hang in there. It's all going to be worth it.

(And watch out with the drinking! That's just the mother in me, I guess, but do be careful.)

Thanks Mrs.N!!! il go easy on the drinks....;) Good luck wit ya aswell

Day 61

Had a fairly BIG pimple on my left cheek come outta nowhere! But i popped it last night and DROWNED it with BP...seriously BP kicks ass. Im just hoping there arent after effects of BP once u stop it :(

My forehead is clear.Just im breakin out heavily on the area inbetween my eyes :(

Overall

ive been in a HIGH spirit lately...and not getting too depressed.Skin is clear most areas....just getting too many zits like every 3 days.Irritating cycle :P

Matt

Day 63...

face looks bad (for me).have a big zit that was nothing but i just kept pickin and now its like ive been shot by a paintball.

Went to the GP today for my first bloodwork since starting - so im looking forward to those :pray:

Here are pics i took today :whistle:

Day 64

there is a huge scab under my bottom lip...all from me picking at it.looks like ive been shot

Got my 2nd blood tests back 2day :D ALL IS GOOD....YAY LETS GO DRINKING :lol: just kidding.im really glad that drinking i did last Friday did nothing to my tests...i guess its fine to have some now and then.

Side Effects - chapped lips were bad 2day.i forgot my chapstick in the car and when i got to the car i looked in the mirror and got a fright at how bad my lips were peeling :(

Overall - kinda shitty with this huge spot and many other spots...i just CANT wait for the breakouts to just stop...its getting fuckn annoying.lol

Day 77

Look like shit...! I had two good days this week where i was all confident.I actually thought my breakouts were stopping.Then on Tuesday night BAM! a few new ones on the cheek and on my jawline.And i had to shave today as im going to a party on Saturday.So i can feel and see all the new little fuckers coming up :( Overall complexion is still good though.

Lips are still very chapped....skin is flaking of late :blink:

All joint pains are gone.yay.

As long as im happy in 200 odd days i dont care about this crap now.EXCEPT that im going on holiday next thursday and it wouldve been nice to have good skin...but oh well :)

Cheers

!!!!Day 103!!!!

100 days are up.wow!

My skin is looking simply awesome too what it was a few weeks ago.I was on holiday and i believe sea water helped me alot,,,,or it may just be the Tane kicking in at last ;)

I was in a very hot climate for a good 2 weeks.I took precautions in the sun and didnt get burnt once...and i got a nice tan.All in all it was great :D

Cheers !

DAY 130

100 % CLEAR...... oh my god.it took 5 months but now im officially clear guys.no new actives have come for a solid 2-3 weeks.

accutane is god.il post a pic if anyones interested :P

Guest max_powers585
DAY 130

100 % CLEAR...... oh my god.it took 5 months but now im officially clear guys.no new actives have come for a solid 2-3 weeks.

accutane is god.il post a pic if anyones interested :P

Cool man im glad ur clear.........yea post a pic i think we all want to see ur positive results...... :dance:

Day 154...

ACCUTANE IS GOD....not a single active for 3 weeks now.can shave with no breakouts confidently!

i fucking love it

DONE DONE DONE

i went to my derm this morning and im done! he said ive been doing 40 mg for 6 months which is fine.i was originally meant to 9 months so im kinda confused???!!!

i have a new pimple on my forehead which sprouted this morning..... :shifty:

PLEASE SOMEONE tell me they also had some actives on the last day they were on TANE.please!

other than that im flawless